User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: N elitism

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I know that you think this is some sort of oxymoron, but being an athlete does not preclude one from being an intellectual. Just as being of average or above average intelligence does not preclude one from being an artistic or creative genius. Creative ability does not increase with IQ above 120.
    not an oxymoron, simply unrelated.
    extremely artistically creative -> artist.
    extremely logical -> genius.

being an extremely creative musician with an average intelligence makes you an artist, not a genius, that's all i'm arguing.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by wastrd View Post

being an extremely creative musician with an average intelligence makes you an artist, not a genius, that's all i'm arguing.
    i would not equate being extremely logical with being genius.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The word genius can apply to artists, scientists, mathematicians etc. And more often than not, it is applied to creative genius, instead of logical genius.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary:

Genius implies high and peculiar gifts of nature, impelling the mind to certain favorite kinds of mental effort, and producing new combinations of ideas, imagery, etc. Talent supposes general strength of intellect, with a peculiar aptitude for being molded and directed to specific employments and valuable ends and purposes. Genius is connected more or less with the exercise of imagination, and reaches its ends by a kind of intuitive power. Talent depends more on high mental training, and a perfect command of all the faculties, memory, judgment, sagacity, etc. Hence we speak of a genius for poetry, painting. etc., and a talent for business or diplomacy. Among English orators, Lord Chatham was distinguished for his genius; William Pitt for his pre["e]minent talents, and especially his unrivaled talent for debate.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm not afraid of anything (except getting skinned alive...) and I have never backed down from anything "controversial" or politically incorrect. I stated my thoughts accurately and did not lie about them, if that's what you are implying. (??)
    i was thinking you wanted to say something else instead of "ugh". you've got a full array of between 5000+ words at your disposal. i'm sure you could find something better suited for the situation.

I think that no one is elite - maybe that's the issue. I just think we are all human and on the same level field, just playing different games. This N vs S, T vs F - yes we have differences, but no one is better or worse in my eyes. So again: ugh.
    maybe we are. i do believe that we start at the same level of instinctive thought or inscription. but i also believe that we don't end at the same starting point. there are parts of us that are equal, that are just the same semantic written in different languages or wording, but there are also parts of us that bring us forward in terms of thinking. one thing is to know the truth yourself. another is to be able to tell everyone else the truth and still hold the same credibility as before.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

^^:rolli:
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i was thinking you wanted to say something else instead of "ugh". you've got a full array of between 5000+ words at your disposal. i'm sure you could find something better suited for the situation.
    Why? I was fine with my word choice. Was it not elite enough for ya?

maybe we are. i do believe that we start at the same level of instinctive thought or inscription. but i also believe that we don't end at the same starting point. there are parts of us that are equal, that are just the same semantic written in different languages or wording, but there are also parts of us that bring us forward in terms of thinking. one thing is to know the truth yourself. another is to be able to tell everyone else the truth and still hold the same credibility as before.
    I don't understand quite what you are getting at. But I think that just because you may be better at a certain task than me, it doesn't make you a better person... We are all susceptible to disease and death, just like everyone else. Once your skeleton is made out of titanium, then we'll talk...

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why? I was fine with my word choice. Was it not elite enough for ya?
    in that case i'm not sure what to make of the statement... frustration?

I don't understand quite what you are getting at. But I think that just because you may be better at a certain task than me, it doesn't make you a better person... We are all susceptible to disease and death, just like everyone else. Once your skeleton is made out of titanium, then we'll talk...
    is it wrong of me to measure universal worth in terms of helping your own species?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

S-type elitism in the "real" world seems obvious to me with beauty pageants, etc... but I really don't buy into all of this either. We all use S and N. And I don't feel elite or non-elite online or in the "real" world. I'm too busy daydreaming...
    Beauty pageants are stupid :/

Unless it's a car show ^_~
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

in that case i'm not sure what to make of the statement... frustration?

is it wrong of me to measure universal worth in terms of helping your own species?
    I don't know what the hell you're talking about with universal worth and helping the species. I don't know how this is relevant to anything I said. Proceed and someone will respond eventually... I just don't have the energy.

(and yes, ugh represents frustration or disgust.)