First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Pop culture also brought you Kurt Cobain& Bob Dylan. (hint: not ST/SJ)
    The OP included general social norms, and I think that's what everyone has been addressing...

As for pop culture concerning celebrities, then a variety of types may turn up.
    However, I think that mainstream pop culture is not as embracing of the offbeat in recent years. It seems to reflect the social norm more & more, instead of celebrating the avant garde artist.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeah, I agree with that.
    I know that INFP's sure as hell aren't the ideal personality type in the American culture.
    It sucks, but I like being an INFP, and if I were naturally accepted by society I probably wouldn't be an INFP... I think that's a catch-22... this is kind of scary...
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Young men: ESTP.
    Young women: ESFP.
    40's men: ESTJ.
    40's Women: ESFJ.
    Old Men: ISTP.
    Old Women: ISFP.
    Really old men: ISTJ.
    Really old women: ISJ.
    Really young boys: ESTP.
    Really young girls: ESFP.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I would agree with that, for American culture anyway.

I think it's valued in this order:
    1. extroverted
    2. sensor
    3. feeling for women & thinking for men
    4. the spontaneous P for the young & the structured J for the mature

The closer to that, the more "normal' you seem. This means INXXs are the weirdos, which may be why we congregate & hide out on the internet
    Then when we go out, we have to handle things like a military operation. We are oppressed in real life. Dumbassed ES tpyes want us boy IN's to play football and get laid just to prove our worth. Then the females get pressured for boyfriends and lipstick. They don't understand the phrase: "I don't care about that." The internet is pretty much an INTP and INTJ society, especially forums. Facebook is an ES site. Youtube is an IS site. Pretty much everywhere is meant for S types. I remember a saying, adn this is how it should go: The meek shall inheirit the earth, but not the mineral rights. It's pretty much how IN's, especially the gifted INFJ's can become so influential, but not really be poweful. We haven't had an INTP president for a century, I think they've all been ISJ's and ESP's recently. This shows just how much our society prejudices itself against IN's.
    P.S.: Entropie, the type you are describing is the ISTJ. .

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

It's hard to talk about popular culture in general, but I've notice that in the particular case of american teenmovies, the most valued roles are the roles of cheerleader and player of american football. At the opposite, the roles of nerd are the most depreciated. Theses stereotypes work well even if they're criticized. So, in theses movies, some functions are valued and gift bonus, and some others not.

Se, is the most valued function, because teenmovies encourage to be outgoing, physically oriented, to make sex etc. This function gifts a bonus of 8 in dominant, and 4 in auxillary.

Fe, comes next, it represents soiciability and conformism, very useful to manage social crisis, follow fashions rules etc. This function gifts a bonus of 7 in dominant and 3.5 in auxillary.

Te, then, because this function gift strong hability for leadership and social intelligence, so that function gifts a bonus of 6 in dominant and 3 in auxillary.

Ne, is valued too, but in a minor way. Ne give some sort of sociability, but anticonformism too. Extrovert intuitive have difficulty to respect social norm, and usually don't make any effort in this way. Elsewhere, extroverted intuitive represent frequently the "free electron" character. A valued role, but not extremely. That function gifts a bonus of 5 in dominant and 2.5 in auxillary

Si, comes then, because even if introverted sensors are usually not as sociable ant outgoing as they would have to be to take a good place in the social hierarchy, Si is associated with a form of conformism and the hability to integrate groups and take responsability. That function gifts a bonus of 4 in dominant and 2 in inferior.

Fi, is valued in the sense of it induces in some sort to have social relationships, but to be a loner and individualistic, too. That function gifts a bonus of 3 in dominant and 1.5 in inferior.

Ti, is very depreciated in teenmovies, because induces to be concerned with intellectual issues, have his own principles, to be anti-conformist and a loner. That function gifts a bonus of 2 in dominant and 1 in auxillary.

Ni, is the most depreciated function, no way or almost Ni help to be concerned with sex, social conventions, and fashion, and so, no way Ni is encouraged in teenmovies. That function gifts a bonus of 1 in dominant and 0.5 in inferior.

So, from the most encouraged, to the least encouraged:

ESFP= 9.5
    ESTP, ESFJ= 9

ESTJ= 8
    ENFJ, ISFJ= 7.5
    ISFP, ISTJ= 7
    ENFP, ENTJ= 6.5
    ENTP, ISTP= 6
    INFP= 5.5

INFJ, INTP= 4.5
    INTJ= 4

Actually, teenmovies are probably well representative of the sight focused on each type in popular culture.

MBTI
    I

^^That's an interesting way of analyzing it.^^

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

^ Win.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram

Ireland seems to have an inverse of American
    preferences. Intuition and feeling in both directions
    are favoured, and the arch-characters defining
    the cultural character are INFJ and ENFP.
    Extroverted sensors are most at odds with the
    general feel of the place. Feeling is not discouraged
    in men so there isn't much of a specific insistence
    on T-type protocol, allowing male Fs to emerge
    unscathed Interesting thread.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think ENTJs have it decently in comparison to some other types