MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Default Do F murderers use T?

To cut the question short:

Certain murderers are considered cold-blooded and empathiless. Neurologists who've studied these invidual's, mainly find damage and defiencies in the prefrontal cortex, which functions as our moral and value decision-making system, aswell as damage to other areasthat allow humans to sympathize/empathize with other humans, to be considerate and so and so forth.

Now assuming the MBTI function system is correct and corresponds with actual mental centres responsible with functions. Would a damaged invidual with an F prefrence, lapse into instinctual impulsiveness or would they be forced to use their substandard T function?.

discuss.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Peltast View Post
    To cut the question short:

Certain murderers are considered cold-blooded and empathiless. Neurologists who've studied these invidual's, mainly find damage and defiencies in the prefrontal cortex, which functions as our moral and value decision-making system, aswell as damage to other areasthat allow humans to sympathize/empathize with other humans, to be considerate and so and so forth.

Now assuming the MBTI function system is correct and corresponds with actual mental centres responsible with functions. Would a damaged invidual with an F prefrence, lapse into instinctual impulsiveness or would they be forced to use their substandard T function?.

discuss.
    I would say that the F function still works; you can have an inability to sympathize with others, but still have your own emotions and feelings about situations guide your actions.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I think any murderer has to use feeling to a large extent, even if they're devoid of empathy. Without feeling, a person would be nothing more than a flesh-and-blood calculator. Such a person would be able to plot out a murder, but without valuing the planned act they have no motive to carry it out. Even the coldest murderer has acted in accordance to his values, for values are the only thing that will compel a person to act. This principle runs in the opposite direction, as well. A murderer who favors feeling must still draw on thinking in order to carry out his deed. He knows what he wants, but without a grasp of reason he would be powerless to do it; he wouldn't even know how to raise his weapon. And I think the more a Feeler is set on committing murder, the more likely that Feeler is to draw on thinking in order to ensure success. Feelers are most at home with values, true, but they can value logic and will do so when necessary. As far as a Feeler's mindset during the act itself, it's impossible to say what would go through that person's head without having experienced it. I think there would have to be either a detachment like the one you mentioned or a galvanizing burst of passion to push them over the edge.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

People kill people.
    Type is irrelevant.

Maybe if you had a specific person in mind, they could be studied and answers could be generated... but I think it's a little much to generalize based on type, to this extreme.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Motive matters here, too.

MBTI
    ENFP

Depends what kind of murder you're talking about. Obviously, crimes of passion seem even more like F territory than T. However, even planned out cold blooded murder could be motivated by emotion. F types would probably be more likely to feel disillusioned with the world around them too, which can often manifest itself in violence.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i think most murderers go into what i would refer to as "berserker" trance. postpone all non-fitting emotions and all non-fitting judgments until post climax, while a dominant emotion or plan has been pulled through. they do not realize what they have done until a certain time afterwards. some may not realize it at all, and only have it trigger due to specific circumstances.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I think that certain types of people are more disposed towards diferent types of murder and to diferent extents.
    INTP's have a morbid fascination.
    An INTJ would plan a genocide.
    An NFP would commit a crime of passion.
    An SP would kill for the experience.
    An SP might get carried away in the moment.
    An SJ would kill for country.
    SJ's would plan their attacks first.
    That's a list of probable murders that diferent sets would do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, I think some of them do:

Especially back before they knew to detect poison... they'd just poison the tea, the person would keel over and people would assume it was a heart attack or something.

I think murderers suppress their functions very often.