• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

First poll didn't work. Please come here, N's!

What are the easiest and most difficult functions to type??

• I'm an NT: EvI is easiest, PvJ is hardest.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I'm an NT: TvF is easiest, PvJ is hardest.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I'm an NT: TvF is easiest, EvI is hardest.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I'm an NT: TvF is easiest, SvN is hardest.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I'm an NT: EvI is easiest, TvF is hardest.

• I'm an NT: EvI is easiest, SvN is hardest.

• I'm an NT: SvN is easiest, PvJ is hardest.

• I'm an NT: SvN is easiest, TvF is hardest.

• I'm an NT: SvN is easiest, EvI is hardest.

• I'm an NT: PvJ is easiest.

• I'm an NF: TvF is easiest, PvJ is hardest.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an NF: TvF is easiest, EvI is hardest.

• I'm an NF: TvF is easiest, SvN is hardest.

• I'm an NF: EvI is easiest, TvF is hardest.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • I'm an NF: EvI is easiest, PvJ is hardest.

• I'm an NF: EvI is easiest, SvN is hardest.

• I'm an NF: SvN is easiest, PvJ is hardest.

• I'm an NF: SvN is easiest, TvF is hardest.

• I'm an NF: SvN is easiest, EvI is hardest.

• I'm an NF: PvJ is easiest.

• Total voters

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am able to type people very accurately and very quickly when I meet them. It's harder to type people online or on television because it is their reactions within our interaction that make people so easy to type.

EvI is obvious. SvN is very obvious. T v F takes a minute and is where I'm most likely to make a mistake. Once I know these three, I just pick out whether they are P or J based on the two possible types.

After telling this to my INTJ buddy, he said "what? F v T is clearly the most obvious. I just make a comment like "What if I stepped on that pigeon, and they either saw "Aww," or they chuckle.

Unfortunately, I only have 20 slots for the poll, so I'm going to use the most likely options I can with the knowledge I have (actually it will mostly be intuition.)

If you would please order 1 through 4 the easiest and most difficult functions to type, I would really appreciate it. And I'm going to keep track of the results in a separate chart, of course.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I will do as you wish.

Scaling:

1 (easiest) - 4 (hardest)

1. I/E
2. J/P
3. S/N
4. T/F

Typing difficulty analysis and sorting (subjective mode) completed.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. I/E
2. N/S
3. F/T
4. P/J

By the end of that process their type is apparent and P/J is just kinda "known".

juggernaut

Permabanned
T/F
P/J
I/E
S/N

I think the E/I split is a lot less obvious than people take it to be. Not all Is are shut-ins, and not all Es want to get in your face. I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I'm probably not an E at all.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I always start at the end as of late. As in which of the eight functions they seem to use from the get go, then go to the opposing for retrograde and weekness and see if it's consistent. So far i've been somewhat able to pluck INxJ off the best due to awareness of the blatant transparency of Ni, Fe, and Te. That's just dative of interest to myself. Others could nail the two Ss and Ti really well. Which means i can't spot xSTP for beans yet. Weird?

G

garbage

1. S/N
2. P/J
3. T/F
4. E/I

It depends on the individual, though. Some allow their dominant function to completely dominate their personality, shedding light on much of their type.

The order above also seems to reflect my own preference strengths.

I wonder if ease of differentiating each of the dichotomies is relative to our own strengths. That is, a strong N would be able to differentiate between sensors and intuitives pretty easily, while a moderate extrovert might have trouble differentiating between introverts and extroverts. A strong N would also likely care more than a moderate one about whether the other person is an intuitive or not.

It's typing by the "like me"/"not like me" approach.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
T/F
P/J
I/E
S/N

I think the E/I split is a lot less obvious than people take it to be. Not all Is are shut-ins, and not all Es want to get in your face. I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I'm probably not an E at all.

I have had this hunch from the earliest posts I have seen you make, and was only wondering when you would come to terms with the fact that you are an INTJ.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Well yeah. I was raised in an uber-E environment (ENTJ, ESFJ and ESFP family members) so I think the E just became the default mode of existence. I really do love being outside and observing the world around me so it's kind of hard to tell. I also have a nasty mouth when I get annoyed and am not shy. If I want something I don't have a problem asking for it or telling others what to do (when it's absolutely necessary) so people just assume I'm an E. The only time I feel perfectly comfortable, however, is when I'm completely alone.

Funny thing about this is I kind of feel like I'm "coming out" in finally admitting I'd rather stay in.

Frank

Well yeah. I was raised in an uber-E environment (ENTJ, ESFJ and ESFP family members) so I think the E just became the default mode of existence. I really do love being outside and observing the world around me so it's kind of hard to tell. I also have a nasty mouth when I get annoyed and am not shy. If I want something I don't have a problem asking for it or telling others what to do (when it's absolutely necessary) so people just assume I'm an E. The only time I feel perfectly comfortable, however, is when I'm completely alone.

Funny thing about this is I kind of feel like I'm "coming out" in finally admitting I'd rather stay in.

I struggle with this one myself. I know i float pretty easily between n and t so maybe this is the cause of the confusion.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The poll looks like binary code right now:

LOL.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1. I/E
2. N/S
3. T/F
4. P/J

so... yeah. The order they put them in.

Though it can vary from person to person.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P/J is hardest because either P or J can show the opposite rather easy depending on the situation. It is the most easily influenced function a person has.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
P/J is hardest because either P or J can show the opposite rather easy depending on the situation. It is the most easily influenced function a person has.

I think so, too. Like I said in OP, I choose P v J by process of elimination, but if I am trying to figure it out, I ask myself: Is this person directive? For instance, ENFxs tend to be lovey, friendly, yearning for emotional connection...So I ask, is his love directed to a person or group, or is it simply spilling out? I ask myself the same question with INTxs for instance. INTP's ask questions and bring up hypothetical situations as if they are 'probing' the world for answers, whereas INTJs might as well already have the answers, because they are directing themselves and others toward goals.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
S/N
F/T
P/J
E/I

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find E/I, N/S, and F/T pretty easy to distinguish. It's trickier for me to tell whether someone is Judging or Perceiving, because people send such mixed signals. There are messy, indecisive Js, and there are neat and confident Ps.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I hope more people will enter in this thread. I've been curious about this for a while and I need a big pool.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you'd wanted a bigger pool, you could've just included the other half of the types.

Just sayin'.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you'd wanted a bigger pool, you could've just included the other half of the types.

Just sayin'.

I'm sorry I left you out buddy,:cry:

but I only had twenty slots. That wasn't even enough to do the poll for N's only! I do care about your opinion, of course, so tell me, Good SP, in what order do you notice these traits?

Edit: So far, the vast majority of NT's find E/I easiest and NO NF's find T/F easiest.