• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confusing ESTP with ENTJ?

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if you think juggenaut is an ESTP. I would be LMAO.

I find this really funny considering you have a picture of Mao as your avatar.

Fecal McAngry

Obvious point:

ESTPs use extroverted feeling, ENTJs do not. Huge, huge difference in arguing style, persuasion style.

ESTP: YouTube - Pumping Iron Arnold On Training
ESTP: YouTube - Don King on Fox & Friends 1-19-09
ESTP: YouTube - John McEnroe throwing a tantrum at age 48

What does Fe look like for ESTPs? Some answers here: ESTP Personal Growth

For me, one of the telltale signs of Fe--in a neutral, but mostly negative sense--is the awareness that someone is trying to achieve a specific emotional response in me. To get me to feel a certain emotional "note." That's quite different from what I often feel around my Fi friends, whether ISFPs or ENTJs or ENFPs...with them, benevolence comes through, or anger, or whatever, but with Fe-users it's quite different as it's focused on me, is highly manipulative (in a nonjudgmental sense of the word), and outcome-focused. I am "flattered" or "belittled" or "befriended"--or "confided in" or...something. And the user invariably adjusts his or her approach in an effort to try to get a specific emotional response in order to get what he/she wants.

This isn't how ENTJs approach arguments/conflict.

ENTJ: YouTube - Pat Buchanan vs Neo-Cons
ENTJ: YouTube - Arthur Jones On Letterman Part one
ENTJ: YouTube - Norman Mailer on Charlie Rose Part 2

ENTJs hit you over the head with Te in the most aggressive way possible. And keep it there. You may love them or hate them, agree with them or disagree with them, but their approach will rarely change. Sure, there will be some primitive "Fe-lite" skills thrown in there--they may know and use your name, for example, perhaps some social touching if they are female, but these will not rise to the level of even a sliver of the emotional manipulation/bonding found in ESTPs...

Obviously, there are other differences that are pretty obvious given a conversation that lasts longer than a minute. Situational logic vs. Universal Principles. Present orientation vs. future...

Fecal McAngry

Obvious point:

ESTPs use extroverted feeling, ENTJs do not. Huge, huge difference in arguing style, persuasion style.

ESTP: YouTube - Pumping Iron Arnold On Training
ESTP: YouTube - Don King on Fox & Friends 1-19-09
ESTP: YouTube - John McEnroe throwing a tantrum at age 48

What does Fe look like for ESTPs? Some answers here: ESTP Personal Growth

For me, one of the telltale signs of Fe--in a neutral, but mostly negative sense--is the awareness that someone is trying to achieve a specific emotional response in me. To get me to feel a certain emotional "note." That's quite different from what I often feel around my Fi friends, whether ISFPs or ENTJs or ENFPs...with them, benevolence comes through, or anger, or whatever, but with Fe-users it's quite different as it's focused on me, is highly manipulative (in a nonjudgmental sense of the word), and outcome-focused. I am "flattered" or "belittled" or "befriended"--or "confided in" or...something. And the user invariably adjusts his or her approach in an effort to try to get a specific emotional response in order to get what he/she wants.

This isn't how ENTJs approach arguments/conflict.

ENTJ: YouTube - Pat Buchanan vs Neo-Cons
ENTJ: YouTube - Arthur Jones On Letterman Part one
ENTJ: YouTube - Norman Mailer on Charlie Rose Part 2

ENTJs hit you over the head with Te in the most aggressive way possible. And keep it there. You may love them or hate them, agree with them or disagree with them, but their approach will rarely change. Sure, there will be some primitive "Fe-lite" skills thrown in there--they may know and use your name, for example, perhaps some social touching if they are female, but these will not rise to the level of even a sliver of the emotional manipulation/bonding found in ESTPs...

Obviously, there are other differences that are pretty obvious given a conversation that lasts longer than a minute. Situational logic vs. Universal Principles. Present orientation vs. future...