User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

According to this site, they are two commonly confused types. That site has tips for distinguishing them.

At first I thought my grandfather was an ENTJ. He cuts an imposing figure and seemed to have a vision for what his family should be. He used to go around saying "I'm an intelligent black man! Don't talk that nonsense with me!" He is driven and seemed ambitious.

But he's clearly an ESTP, as my brother helped me realize. He's led a wild and crazy life. I mean, he was blinded in a barfight. Women are his biggest weakness. He has been extremely violent to get his way. Yet he is super charming and can be very generous with money. He is definitely a risktaker and a gambler as well.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    According to this site, they are two commonly confused types. That site has tips for distinguishing them.

At first I thought my grandfather was an ENTJ. He cuts an imposing figure and seemed to have a vision for what his family should be. He used to go around saying "I'm an intelligent black man! Don't talk that nonsense with me!" He is driven and seemed ambitious.

But he's clearly an ESTP, as my brother helped me realize. He's led a wild and crazy life. I mean, he was blinded in a barfight. Women are his biggest weakness. He has been extremely violent to get his way. Yet he is super charming and can be very generous with money. He is definitely a risktaker and a gambler as well.
    lol, generosity and violence are indeed the telltale signs of an ESTP.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Intimidation, sharp, intelligent, to the point - ENTJ
    Anxious, over confident, intelligence is debatable, talks too much - ESTP
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ESTP: Choleric Sanguine (In Charge/SP)
    ENTJ: Choleric Choleric (In Charge/NT, though disputed with Keirseyan theory)

Very similar in being totally expressive (extraverted, pragmatic), and differ only in the structure/motive area.

Cognitively, both are what I would call "aspective" (Se/Ni, though reversed, and Ni inferior for the ESTP).

So they are very similar.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ ESTPs are quite adaptable, yes...but I can see where Edgar is coming from with the ENTJ emulation thing. That's definitely something NTs do--notice the successful strategies that other types use naturally and learn how to incorporate their elements into our own approach.

Whether or not they actually succeed in accurately imitating ESTPs wasn't the point; if they're trying to, then we've come to a useful conclusion here in terms of my question in the OP.
    I agree that there may be something to what Edgar is saying. I can remember being quite young and while playing with my friends determining why the clearly dominant one of us was in this position. I wasn't doing this because I particularly admired or wanted to be like them. I just knew it could be useful in some situations.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I agree that there may be something to what Edgar is saying. I can remember being quite young and while playing with my friends determining why the clearly dominant one of us was in this position. I wasn't doing this because I particularly admired or wanted to be like them. I just knew it could be useful in some situations.
    Yes, my point exactly.

I never met an ENTJ who wanted to be any other type than his/her own. They DID want to learn the strengths of other types and harness them for their use, but never actually become someone else.

I suppose everyone wants to do that to one degree or another, but I've noticed that ENTJs manage to emulate ESTP's "social prowess" with more ease than other types.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I never met an ENTJ who wanted to be any other type than his/her own. They DID want to learn the strengths of other types and harness them for their use, but never actually become someone else.
    I guess SW is right then.

Edgar, if you want to suck ENTJ dicks , thats good for you. But please don't blow things out of proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    ENTJ's are frauds.

90% of the ENTJs thinks its their right to rule the world. Now they are claiming to be ESTPs. Let them believe whatever they want to believe.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Edgar, if you want to suck ENTJ dicks , thats good for you. But please don't blow things out of proportions.

90% of the ENTJs thinks its their right to rule the world. Now they are claiming to be ESTPs. Let them believe whatever they want to believe.

Hostile much there cloud?

And Synarch as supporting evidence??? Oy vey. What is this world coming to...

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    if you want to suck ENTJ dicks , thats good for you. But please don't blow things out of proportions.
    The only reason you don't suck ENTJ dicks is, you own a horse.
    You must be the only man alive, with stretch marks around his mouth.