• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me ALL of the details on a J person por favor

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Bah. People underestimate teenagers' intelligence but overestimate their wisdom.

She could still be a J.

what? i didn't underestimate her, i just told her that due to her age her mind may not be fully developed. shit, is this suddenly underestimating people?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
;) Oh I know plenty of dumbasses my age. My favorite quote from this one stupid girl in my science class: "So the wall is like the sun?" :D

If that wall wasn't yellow, then she was really stupid. :yes:

But yeah. I guess since MBTI in general draws the people out of the general population with certain theoretical interests, it only makes sense that out of the lower age groups, it would draw the few that were already advanced enough to keep up with us. The "whiz kids" if you will.

On top of that, we who've been using the Internet for a while might have an overinflated view of our intelligence because we grew up surrounded by adults who struggled to understand computers, and were so much better with them than most people our own age. Now they're more popular and accessible, so that view is no longer justified.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
what? i didn't underestimate her, i just told her that due to her age her mind may not be fully developed. shit, is this suddenly underestimating people?

What I mean is that impatience at 14 does not equal P.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What I mean is that impatience at 14 does not equal P.

Totally agree .. jeez i am 30 and i would say i am the most impatient people i know and i am not a P. In the sense i dont want to wait a month to take my bloody driving test, i want to take it ... ohhhh, 5 mins ago ;) (They should not make people wait 7 weeks, stupid system).

Ahhhhhh. lol.

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I guess since MBTI in general draws the people out of the general population with certain theoretical interests, it only makes sense that out of the lower age groups, it would draw the few that were already advanced enough to keep up with us. The "whiz kids" if you will.

On top of that, we who've been using the Internet for a while might have an overinflated view of our intelligence

interest in MBTI does not equate to someone being advanced or whiz kid! its just an interest, it doesn't need to be automatically classified as an intellectual one just because, say, not many teenagers demonstrate interest in it. it might even be said that such an interest could pretty much be the equivalent of an interest in chocolate-making, or pine trees, or dinosaurs, for instance. i think what's more indicative of intelligence is proper understanding of the subject matter and competence in applying it to situations in life.

just my two cents worth.

regarding the OP: usually a good way to tell (works nearly all the time for me) is whether or not the person is usually punctual for appointments.
punctual - J
late - P

Js generally adopt a 'work first, play later' mentality while the opposite is true of Ps.

Jaguar

A true wiz kid would know MBTI is so severely flawed, they'd call it bullshit.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Its probably already been said, but a P will change his mind mid-sentence, whereas a J will reluctantly do so, only after hearing your response.

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
Some people on another website keep insisting that I am a P. Tell me everything you can think of that would qualify someone as a J. Muchas gracias! :D

Do you annoy Js? If so, you might be a P.:yes:

Do you answer questions with questions? You might be a P

Do you even care what others think...more likely a P

Did you have a hard time answering the type questions? Again...P

You might be an NP or an SF and that could be the issue you are struggling with since you think you aren't an ISTJ and don't seem to think you are an ISTP. Check other types out.

By the way...mostly P's or F's stopped to help you resolve your quandry here...do you stop and help other bloggers resolve their issues that do not relate to you AT ALL? If not, you might be a J. An NP will use any excuse to stop and ponder something on anyone's behalf for no reason...an F can't bear to leave someone in need of help. Look at all of the INTPs who came in to help you think this through and the feelers who joined in as well...I think that is a study in and of itself...the enfp's as well...not too many J's...but you did get a couple comrade istj's which is cool.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
he asked for details ?!

robertson_phallus_hadriani.jpg

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
^-- Uh...

Do you annoy Js? If so, you might be a P.:yes:

Do you answer questions with questions? You might be a P

Do you even care what others think...more likely a P

Did you have a hard time answering the type questions? Again...P

You might be an NP or an SF and that could be the issue you are struggling with since you think you aren't an ISTJ and don't seem to think you are an ISTP. Check other types out.

By the way...mostly P's or F's stopped to help you resolve your quandry here...do you stop and help other bloggers resolve their issues that do not relate to you AT ALL? If not, you might be a J. An NP will use any excuse to stop and ponder something on anyone's behalf for no reason...an F can't bear to leave someone in need of help. Look at all of the INTPs who came in to help you think this through and the feelers who joined in as well...I think that is a study in and of itself...the enfp's as well...not too many J's...but you did get a couple comrade istj's which is cool.

Ha! There's no way I'm an N. :tongue: I don't think I'll ever completely understand intuiting, so no one need explain it to me after this comment. Um, I guess I sometimes answer questions with questions... I don't know. The thing that gets me confused about this is that I have many qualities of both sides. I like closure and when I stick to plans that are already made (unless I dislike said plans), routine can be tiring, I like to go places and do things (I get kind of bored around the house), I procrastinate, I switch interests when things start to bore me (that's why I haven't been here in a while), etc. One thing I'll do is I'll find something that I'm really interested in, and I'll try to finish what I started, but usually I don't. Couple examples: I printed out 11 pages of sheet music to a song I wanted to learn on the piano. I practiced and practiced, but then I got to a point in the song where I had to stretch my hand over an octave o_O. I don't know anyone who could reach that far. Well, I could have just changed the chord, but I kind of stopped playing it and did other things. Another example is when I decided that I was going to learn to speak Italian by myself. I bought a book and obtained Rosetta Stone, but sadly, I lost interest.

Err... that looks messy. (Hehe, P trait :alttongue:)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^-- Uh...

Ha! There's no way I'm an N. :tongue: I don't think I'll ever completely understand intuiting, so no one need explain it to me after this comment. Um, I guess I sometimes answer questions with questions... I don't know. The thing that gets me confused about this is that I have many qualities of both sides. I like closure and when I stick to plans that are already made (unless I dislike said plans), routine can be tiring, I like to go places and do things (I get kind of bored around the house), I procrastinate, I switch interests when things start to bore me (that's why I haven't been here in a while), etc. One thing I'll do is I'll find something that I'm really interested in, and I'll try to finish what I started, but usually I don't. Couple examples: I printed out 11 pages of sheet music to a song I wanted to learn on the piano. I practiced and practiced, but then I got to a point in the song where I had to stretch my hand over an octave o_O. I don't know anyone who could reach that far. Well, I could have just changed the chord, but I kind of stopped playing it and did other things. Another example is when I decided that I was going to learn to speak Italian by myself. I bought a book and obtained Rosetta Stone, but sadly, I lost interest.

Closure, plans, routine being boring, not finishing thing etc .. that sounds like me.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
^-- Uh...

^That sounds rather like the skill mastery of an STP. I have an ISTP friend who fits that description perfectly. He likes to be doing things and engaging things that doesn't mean he is J. You sound like an SP to me.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
^-- Uh...

Whatever you are - J or P, you seem to not have much of it (you seem almost borderline).

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Funny how P types like to call me a P, and J types like to call me a J. I don't think I've met a J who thought I was a P and vice versa. :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If that wall wasn't yellow, then she was really stupid. :yes:

But yeah. I guess since MBTI in general draws the people out of the general population with certain theoretical interests, it only makes sense that out of the lower age groups, it would draw the few that were already advanced enough to keep up with us. The "whiz kids" if you will.

On top of that, we who've been using the Internet for a while might have an overinflated view of our intelligence because we grew up surrounded by adults who struggled to understand computers, and were so much better with them than most people our own age. Now they're more popular and accessible, so that view is no longer justified.

Several of my friends and I were fairly articulate as teens. I also had a mild, early interest in MBTI when I was about 16 when I got a book about it from the library, because I didn't have Internet connection back then.

Teens can be intelligent, some more than others, just like adults.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Funny how P types like to call me a P, and J types like to call me a J. I don't think I've met a J who thought I was a P and vice versa. :p

In my personal assessment of you, I'm guessing IS_P.

In fact, I don't see much that is J about you, honestly. However, you are still developing mentally so nothing is concrete yet, I'll agree.