User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

Default Teach me to be a J!!!!!!

I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!

Teach me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Self-flagellation works. (just kidding!)

Seriously, this is almost like the thread I just made asking for advice to help motivate my 20 year old ESFP son to get started on his adult life. So I have no magic answer.

But for myself, I reward myself with little "bribes" along the way to inspire myself to get to the end of tasks.

Good luck!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cheerchick23 View Post
    I hate my P-ness.
    That's more common than you'd think.
    But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished.

Teach me.
    1. Start viewing your life in terms of checklists and schedules.

2. Write lists of everything you want to do in a given day, and assign particular timeframes to each task that you want to stay inside.

3. Follow the list you make consistently all week, and never let yourself do anything spontaneous except on weekends or holidays.

4. Congratulations, you've become a Normal Person(tm).

Oh, and as for motivation... you're an E and you have friends, right? Tell them all about the schedule you've set up for yourself, so they can ride you about staying on it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yup. I was the same way. But I once sat through a training / presentation and the typically excellent presenters wasted not just my hour, but 40 people's hour.

They started their presentation with the words, "There's no substitute for a total lack of preparation."

Kinda strange but that experience was like cold water thrown on me. I'm no J, but I did force myself to become someone known for being prepared after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    INTJ

Easy. Take your job and your relationships seriously, and you're done.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

me too !!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    Easy. Take your job and your relationships seriously, and you're done.
    What about making decisions ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by cheerchick23 View Post
    I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!

Teach me.
    It sounds like you've already pegged down your "weaknesses" and what you'd like to change about them. I'd suggest using, "now" mentality. The instant you desire to accomplish a task, do the task right then and there. There needs to be a certain, "there is no other way" mindset, or you'll never get around to doing it.

You might find it easier to organize your thoughts where you can see them; i.e. on paper or an excel spreadsheet. Jot down everything you aim to do, set a time line, and adhere like industrial grade sperm glue. Then break down the larger ideas into smaller ones, and use those as short-term checkpoints to keep yourself motivated.
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

1. Start viewing your life in terms of checklists and schedules.

2. Write lists of everything you want to do in a given day, and assign particular timeframes to each task that you want to stay inside.

3. Follow the list you make consistently all week, and never let yourself do anything spontaneous except on weekends or holidays.

4. Congratulations, you've become a Normal Person(tm).

Oh, and as for motivation... you're an E and you have friends, right? Tell them all about the schedule you've set up for yourself, so they can ride you about staying on it.
    Ah, bested by an INFJ. Yet again...
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

ok, first... you know what, forget it. this isn't worth my time.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes