• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teach me to be a J!!!!!!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, to be a J, you are going to need a stick.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Mestro's Meticulous Marching Music

So, to be a J, you are going to need a stick.

I would say so. Yet it would be preferable to make it a conductors baton. Also include a carrot at the end to bribe your P.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say so. Yet it would be preferable to make it a conductors baton. Also include a carrot at the end to bribe your P.

That would be so cool :D

*holds carrot out*

I think my P is more likely to dig caffeine

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
Lits are just depressing for me as a P, essentially DON'T GO THERE.

For stuff like essays, I find the procrastination hack (2 mins of play, and 10 of work alternatley, or like 10 mins:1hour) really helps.

For other things, don't think, just GET UP AND GO. Or alternatively decide to do something else more appealing and change your mind half way through starting to do the other thing.

I get that even fun things can be hard toget round to though...for that I have nothing to say other than you've just got to bite the bullet and find will power or possibly real life help.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I need some chocolate to lure my J. Anybody have any?

mars_bar.jpg

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
Bah, I'm a J and am procrastinating as we speak. (No worries though, I'm going to put my headphones on in a second and get really focussed for two hours.)

My Jness has caused people to say that I'm stressed out and a bit of a stick in the mud. Not sure you want this.

In any case, isn't the whole point that J/P determines whether you deal with the exterior world through determining what is and what isn't or intaking data? In that sense, it doesn't have to do with self-discipline.

Self-discipline is learned and if you develop your Te then you'll have little more organisation in your life.

I think it would be more about being realistic about what is important to you. If you decide, for example, that having fun with friends is more important than physically keeping in shape, why don't you decide to go out at and play sports with friends instead of focussing on failing at the gym because, in the end, it isn't all that important to you.

I say, make room for what is important and get rid of the rest. It will give you more time and more focus.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface:) But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!

Teach me.

Find out what really stresses you out and learn to live in it. Not saying that Js are stressed out, but the shadow of a P is a J, so if you can learn to live in your shadow you will be a J.

Carrots worked for me, not sure what it was, but when I finish off a bag of those small carrots they would give me a huge sugar high.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Since I realized I'll never become a J...

I started to boost my improvisation abilities by role-playing. Helps a lot. Sometimes I wish for more structure in my life, but at other times I'm just thankful for the positive side of Perceiving.

Having a nagging ESTJ husband helps, too.
("Tamske, get out your J and finish this!")

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yesterday I've run into a lot of problems due to poor planning. :doh:
Sign me up for the J course, please...