• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teach me to be a J!!!!!!

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
If you use perceiving properly you can get things done faster and better than a J anyway

First off we work in bursts of energy, when you get one don't ignore it use it to accomplish things that have been "open" for the longest time

As a P you keep things "open" rather than close them off straight away (get them done) this way you can to multiple tasks at once often saving boat loads of time

You won't keep lists, its impossible for a P and unneeded, you will have to use your memory and pick tasks according to how long they have been open for

Perceiving for life man, Judging never.

That run-on is testament to everything you claim. With a little more, you may convince me to switch to "P."

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Becoming a J sounds like a lot of work.

I wouldn't bother...

:D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Becoming a J sounds like a lot of work.

I wouldn't bother...

:D

Being a P sounds like a lot of work, I don't want to do anything at all.
But I realize that my attitude towards life is becoming far to lax, it's interfering with my lust for competence.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We'd have to pump you full of horse chromosomes
syringe.jpg

I wrote this just before, but it got lost somewhere in the starwebs :smile:
I'll re-write:
I think people compensate for their P with apathy. To improve the speed at which you make decisions, it's much easier for a P to just stop caring and pick an arbitrary choice and move on. It encourages you to just stop being serious altogether. You won't become 'more J' if you start to take more of your tasks seriously, but you'll become a more healthy person I guess. Maybe for some of us, the lack of sensing (particularly Si) could result in more balance?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Are you sure you want to be a J? I wanted to be a J for a while, but that was because other people wanted me to act like a J. And I wanted to be liked, so I did start to act like a J an it was appreciated. But the J-ness became frustrating. I got the feeling that I wasn't acting like myself anymore, I got alienated from myself. Sometimes I looked in the mirror and then I thought like "Dude, that's not me, that's somebody else, that person in the mirror could be anyone, but it's not me!". When I found out that it actually wasn't what I wanted to be AT ALL, I tried to become a P again. I stopped caring about what other people wanted me to be. I tried to accept myself the way I am. Believe me, it makes life a lot more relaxing if you act the way you are, not the way others think you should act because it's what they want most. Seriously, acting in an unnatural way judt made me tense and moody and I only started to hate myself more. Come on, just love yourself the way you are and if others don't, f*** 'em! I was a moderate P, I wanted to be an extreme J and I became an exteme P now. And I couldn't imagine myself being happier with who I am than I am now. Believe me.

Chloe

I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface:) But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!

Teach me.

I wanted to open the same topic! OMG!

Teach us, we need it. I am prepared to get rid of my Pness, but I don't give away my Vagina for anything in the whole world - no matter how organized I can become! (that's just a note in case someone offers some deal for my Vagina in return )

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's more common than you'd think.

1. Start viewing your life in terms of checklists and schedules.

2. Write lists of everything you want to do in a given day, and assign particular timeframes to each task that you want to stay inside.

3. Follow the list you make consistently all week, and never let yourself do anything spontaneous except on weekends or holidays.

4. Congratulations, you've become a Normal Person(tm). :)

Oh, and as for motivation... you're an E and you have friends, right? Tell them all about the schedule you've set up for yourself, so they can ride you about staying on it.

this whole thing makes me itchy...like flea ridden wool. i don't like it...i think i need to learn to love my p'ness instead.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Okay, this seems like a real ENFP-trait here. I'll put it this way: try it and you'll be disappointed. REALLY disappointed. Come on! Love yourself. Accept yourself. Try not to care about other people's opinions and expectations. Life will be a LOT easier.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok this is so f**king stupid, you can't become a J and why would you want to?

If you use perceiving properly you can get things done faster and better than a J anyway

First off we work in bursts of energy, when you get one don't ignore it use it to accomplish things that have been "open" for the longest time

As a P you keep things "open" rather than close them off straight away (get them done) this way you can to multiple tasks at once often saving boat loads of time

You won't keep lists, its impossible for a P and unneeded, you will have to use your memory and pick tasks according to how long they have been open for

Perceiving for life man, Judging never.

yeeeah!! i like the way we do it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
To be a J all you have to do is take all the things you love about life, and discard them. So then all you are left with is your day planner and nothing worth procrastinating over.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You could always take speed, but I don't recommend it.

Why don't you want to be a P? I think Ps are cool.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
To be a J all you have to do is take all the things you love about life, and discard them. So then all you are left with is your day planner and nothing worth procrastinating over.

:doh:

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think I'm a strong J and I only use lists when I go grocery shopping, and usually not even then. I don't use planbooks, it's all kept in my head.
When I think of J, I think of perpetual conscious preparedness.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You can become anything you really want to be.

This man speaks the truth. Be careful what you wish for, lest it come true.

That being said I'm currently planning on starting to plan things to get stuff done. Of course... you know...this is a complex process ;)

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Here's the key to Jness:

If there is something you really don't want to do, get up immediatly and do it anyway. Tune in some music you like and don't stop until you're done.

When you're done and there is still something else to do, don't sit down and watch TV for "10 minutes", do it immediatly, then sit down and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
Here's the key to Jness:

If there is something you really don't want to do, get up immediatly and do it anyway. Tune in some music you like and don't stop until you're done.

When you're done and there is still something else to do, don't sit down and watch TV for "10 minutes", do it immediatly, then sit down and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.

If there is something I feel great resistance to doing, I believe that there is a reason. I may take some time to examine the reasons and if they are rational then I won't do it, and if they are wrongheaded then I will eliminate them until they don't exist anymore. But just doing something I feel a high resistance to doing, without examining that, is anathema to me. I can't assume that the things I don't want are a higher priority than the things I do want, unless I just don't trust myself to make good decisions and priorities.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Here's the key to Jness:

If there is something I feel great resistance to doing, I believe that there is a reason. I may take some time to examine the reasons and if they are rational then I won't do it, and if they are wrongheaded then I will eliminate them until they don't exist anymore. But just doing something I feel a high resistance to doing, without examining that, is anathema to me. I can't assume that the things I don't want are a higher priority than the things I do want, unless I just don't trust myself to make good decisions and priorities.

Both of you are partly right. See, if there's a task I don't feel like doing (which should be done anyway), normally I will not do it, unless there's a time deadline coming up. Reason being is if I do work when I feel like doing work, then I will do it most efficiently. If I work on a task when I don't feel like doing it at all, then it gets done but I'm not as satisfied with the job I did, and so I don't feel as good afterward, and can't relax as much. My mindset is such that I feel best when I get things accomplished, and then after that I can relax.