• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teach me to be a J!!!!!!

Unique

Yeah I'm using the word "play" loosely here, it simply means "good" before "bad"

Chloee (love the name btw :)) if you don't have time to play thats fine too, Js often don't have time for play either (even after they finish the work)

As a P you will be exhilarated by deadlines so in the case of not being able to play you will probably end up procrastinating instead

As the deadline draws near you will feel a burst of energy and do the task (I'm sure a lot of perceivers know the feeling)

There is no distinct advantage to being a J or P but there will be a disadvantage if you are one of the two naturally and try to act like the other

People need to remember J's end up with problems too regarding work, in fact they get very very annoyed by having to leave something and not being able to close and when sh*t hits the fan and nothing goes to plan (oo a rhyme) then the J is at a disadvantage

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah I'm using the word "play" loosely here, it simply means "good" before "bad"

Chloee (love the name btw :)) if you don't have time to play thats fine too, Js often don't have time for play either (even after they finish the work)

As a P you will be exhilarated by deadlines so in the case of not being able to play you will probably end up procrastinating instead

As the deadline draws near you will feel a burst of energy and do the task (I'm sure a lot of perceivers know the feeling)

There is no distinct advantage to being a J or P but there will be a disadvantage if you are one of the two naturally and try to act like the other

People need to remember J's end up with problems too regarding work, in fact they get very very annoyed by having to leave something and not being able to close and when sh*t hits the fan and nothing goes to plan (oo a rhyme) then the J is at a disadvantage

Unless, of course, you're left to make your own deadlines :D

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Or what you can do it have something horrifying happen to you - have your world pulled out from beneath you. You will become INFJ for a while. It's pretty cool by typology standards, but the rest of it sucks.

Anyway, I wish you bad luck on your endeavor because EP is far more desirable than EJ, imo.

Edit:I just realized your were an ESTP. Do you find the ESTJ type to be more desireable than ESTP? I know becoming more J will just make you become an ESTP with more J, but I am curious about this.

Chloe

Or what you can do it have something horrifying happen to you - have your world pulled out from beneath you. You will become INFJ for a while. It's pretty cool by typology standards, but the rest of it sucks.

when my father died, in very traumatic and long lasting way, so I really felt like you said that my "world pulled out from beneath me" - I became SJ for a while. At least I tried to be, for 1-2 year, it was disaster. Very exhausting.

Unique

Anyway, I wish you bad luck on your endeavor because EP is far more desirable than EJ, imo.

Edit:I just realized your were an ESTP. Do you find the ESTJ type to be more desireable than ESTP? I know becoming more J will just make you become an ESTP with more J, but I am curious about this.

That's a joke right? Not only am I an ESTP I'm a 95% perceiver also did you miss my first post stating why the hell any perceiver would want to become a J?

I'm more effective, more relaxed, enjoy life, actually have friends, don't annoy people, make more money from not annoying people, hire people to clean my house rather than clean it myself with the extra money from not annoying people

You're probably starting to see a pattern here...

Nothing against Js you do it your way I'll do it mine (though Js are more likely to get up me for doing things the perceiver way than I am going to get up them for judging)

Once again

Perceiving for life, Judging never!

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
judging does not automatically result in motivation, drive, ambition or resolve.

you just sound lazy to me and laziness comes in all shapes, sizes and types. take some responsibility for your actions -- grow up.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
when my father died, in very traumatic and long lasting way, so I really felt like you said that my "world pulled out from beneath me" - I became SJ for a while. At least I tried to be, for 1-2 year, it was disaster. Very exhausting.

I've been the opposite. I'd guess I loose my NT in such situations (total ISFP), but not my P. Been in a few, but I've never lost my father. That day will truly be traumatic. You've my sincere condolences.

Frank

That's a joke right? Not only am I an ESTP I'm a 95% perceiver also did you miss my first post stating why the hell any perceiver would want to become a J?

I'm more effective, more relaxed, enjoy life, actually have friends, don't annoy people, make more money from not annoying people, hire people to clean my house rather than clean it myself with the extra money from not annoying people

You're probably starting to see a pattern here...

Nothing against Js you do it your way I'll do it mine (though Js are more likely to get up me for doing things the perceiver way than I am going to get up them for judging)
Once again

Perceiving for life, Judging never!

Only if your working for us. A tj WILL have things done their way in an environment they are in charge of. Even if that means harnessing the random brilliance of a gifted tp and putting it to good use. Other than organizational situations, we are as "live and let live" as anyone.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Only if your working for us. A tj WILL have things done their way in an environment they are in charge of. Even if that means harnessing the random brilliance of a gifted tp and putting it to good use. Other than organizational situations, we are as "live and let live" as anyone.

No thanks. If you want to lead someone, enslave the other ENTJs and SJ. :)
The only thing I can guareentee you is pointing a gun in your head.

Frank

No thanks. If you want to lead someone, enslave the other ENTJs and SJ. :)
The only thing I can guareentee you is pointing a gun in your head.

Well then, if it is my organization you are out. If I had even the slightest inkling that you were the type to bring a gun, believe me, it would be covered. Doesn't matter though because if you equate leading with enslaving you probably would have never made it in the door in the first place.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well then, if it is my organization you are out. If I had even the slightest inkling that you were the type to bring a gun, believe me, it would be covered. Doesn't matter though because if you equate leading with enslaving you probably would have never made it in the door in the first place.

wow, thats really pathetic

What makes you think other types would be follow your leadership if other entjs won't? Are we easier to boss around? And what virtues do you have to qualify to lead other the fact that you are an entj?

Frank

wow, thats really pathetic

What makes you think other types would be follow your leadership if other entjs won't? Are we easier to boss around? And what virtues do you have to qualify to lead other the fact that you are an entj?

Maybe there is a miscommunication here, maybe your just an idiot. I am speaking of an organizational situation where we are in charge, as stated in my post. In my case it is my company. The fact alone that it is my company and I invested the money, did the research, made the contacts, closed the deal, placed the workers, am involved in daily operations etc.. etc... qualifies me to lead it. If you have some strange, f-ed up theory as to why that is wrong, there is no miscommunication here.
:doh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1: It's great when completely opposite people work together, one of them is good at organizing everything, the other has "random brilliance". The result is pure gold. :D

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Maybe there is a miscommunication here, maybe your just an idiot. I am speaking of an organizational situation where we are in charge, as stated in my post. In my case it is my company. The fact alone that it is my company and I invested the money, did the research, made the contacts, closed the deal, placed the workers, am involved in daily operations etc.. etc... qualifies me to lead it. If you have some strange, f-ed up theory as to why that is wrong, there is no miscommunication here.
:doh:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo......

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
oh my GOD i need to be a J.
my life is seriously on hold because of the lack of J ness.
But i still love my P-ness.(yeah thats right, say that outloud. hahaha)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh my GOD i need to be a J.
my life is seriously on hold because of the lack of J ness.
But i still love my P-ness.(yeah thats right, say that outloud. hahaha)

I have, bountiful times I might add :smile:
your life is not on hold because of a lack of J, you're playing upon sterotypes, to become a J, you would have to rely more heavily upon your tertiary and inferior functions (for ESFP, that would be Te & Ni respectively). When in use, these Judging functions, actually drain you more than your natural functions (Se, Fi). Perceiving is not a bad thing, procrastination is shared between both perceivers and judgers, you can deal with it in many simple ways:
1. throw in more effort
2. seek inspiration and motive
3. take things a bit more seriously (loose the apathy, shmuck)

Unique

Kings is right, also read my posts in this thread

You need to use perceiving productively not become judging

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Some people who are Ps and they notice and they are very disorganized may have adult ADD. I have noticed Ps on psychostimulants (such as adderal or Dexedrine) address ADD often act like Js when they are taking the medication.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hate my P-ness. (don't say that out loud... :redface:) But seriously....... I have no motivation. I have no punctuality. I want to set goals and finish them, dangit!! I hate sitting around the house all day with no plan or purpose... like, I want to workout, but every time I get up nothing happens. I want to get a head start on projects and dreams... but it all stays in my head instead of blossoming into anything real. I'm sick of promising myself things that I ALWAYS end up dropping. How do I find my inner J? I am sick of being so messy and frazzled and aimless. I want to be driven and accomplished and reliable and... well... you know! J-ish!

Teach me.

I highly recommend the GTD management system. Before you freak out at the thought of reading an organizational book, I promise you it's very EXXP-friendly. Use your strengths: the desire for instant results. If the issue mainly lies within your anxiety, then a procrastination article would prove more beneficial. For more information, I can point out some quality ones.