User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Ok this is so f**king stupid, you can't become a J and why would you want to?

If you use perceiving properly you can get things done faster and better than a J anyway

First off we work in bursts of energy, when you get one don't ignore it use it to accomplish things that have been "open" for the longest time

As a P you keep things "open" rather than close them off straight away (get them done) this way you can to multiple tasks at once often saving boat loads of time

You won't keep lists, its impossible for a P and unneeded, you will have to use your memory and pick tasks according to how long they have been open for

Perceiving for life man, Judging never.
    yeeeah!! i like the way we do it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

To be a J all you have to do is take all the things you love about life, and discard them. So then all you are left with is your day planner and nothing worth procrastinating over.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You could always take speed, but I don't recommend it.

Why don't you want to be a P? I think Ps are cool.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    To be a J all you have to do is take all the things you love about life, and discard them. So then all you are left with is your day planner and nothing worth procrastinating over.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I think I'm a strong J and I only use lists when I go grocery shopping, and usually not even then. I don't use planbooks, it's all kept in my head.
    When I think of J, I think of perpetual conscious preparedness.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    You can become anything you really want to be.
    This man speaks the truth. Be careful what you wish for, lest it come true.

That being said I'm currently planning on starting to plan things to get stuff done. Of course... you know...this is a complex process

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Here's the key to Jness:

If there is something you really don't want to do, get up immediatly and do it anyway. Tune in some music you like and don't stop until you're done.

When you're done and there is still something else to do, don't sit down and watch TV for "10 minutes", do it immediatly, then sit down and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    Here's the key to Jness:

If there is something you really don't want to do, get up immediatly and do it anyway. Tune in some music you like and don't stop until you're done.

When you're done and there is still something else to do, don't sit down and watch TV for "10 minutes", do it immediatly, then sit down and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.
    If there is something I feel great resistance to doing, I believe that there is a reason. I may take some time to examine the reasons and if they are rational then I won't do it, and if they are wrongheaded then I will eliminate them until they don't exist anymore. But just doing something I feel a high resistance to doing, without examining that, is anathema to me. I can't assume that the things I don't want are a higher priority than the things I do want, unless I just don't trust myself to make good decisions and priorities.

I know that I have posted this a few times already but I think that a thread like this one should have it.

How to be more J

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    Here's the key to Jness:

If there is something I feel great resistance to doing, I believe that there is a reason. I may take some time to examine the reasons and if they are rational then I won't do it, and if they are wrongheaded then I will eliminate them until they don't exist anymore. But just doing something I feel a high resistance to doing, without examining that, is anathema to me. I can't assume that the things I don't want are a higher priority than the things I do want, unless I just don't trust myself to make good decisions and priorities.
    Both of you are partly right. See, if there's a task I don't feel like doing (which should be done anyway), normally I will not do it, unless there's a time deadline coming up. Reason being is if I do work when I feel like doing work, then I will do it most efficiently. If I work on a task when I don't feel like doing it at all, then it gets done but I'm not as satisfied with the job I did, and so I don't feel as good afterward, and can't relax as much. My mindset is such that I feel best when I get things accomplished, and then after that I can relax.