First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Teach you to be J? Learn to wield your Pness with greater effectiveness!

Js focus on goals and are satesfied when the end is met, rather than if what you have to do to meet it is fun.... If I go by that definition then I'm a P! But I'm sure of my INFJness. Weren't INFJs called the most 'P' of the J types?

Don't try to change your preferences. You'll end up just as frustrated as you were in the OP.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Uhh. People are being shitted upon with the "you cant change" blabbler. Don't believe. It's like a religios dogma. "The 3 are one and the same, yet different."

Change can come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Uhh. People are being shitted upon with the "you cant change" blabbler. Don't believe. It's like a religios dogma. "The 3 are one and the same, yet different."

Change can come.
    Change only as much as you can. For instance, you can change your behavior to match your goals, but changing your core inspirations is more difficult. Will someone with a heavy P preference ever enjoy meeting external deadlines? Or will they be more inclined to do so when it coincides with their values?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    TNT

You can bang your head against a wall until you damage your right side of the brain. You will be more left brained to compensate and voila: you're an ENFJ!

Srsly, this might work. I've seen people change their personalities after accidents with brain damage. People start using the other half of the brain and that changes their personality completely.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    You can bang your head against a wall until you damage your right side of the brain. You will be more left brained to compensate and voila: you're an ENFJ!

Srsly, this might work. I've seen people change their personalities after accidents with brain damage. People start using the other half of the brain and that changes their personality completely.
    Actually, a family friend told us the true story of someone she knew who had a severe head injury one day. Prior to the injury, the guy was very friendly and charismatic. After the injury, the guy became mean and aloof. His personality completely transformed.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post

If this isn't enough, there are mind-altering substances and psychological traumas.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Change only as much as you can. For instance, you can change your behavior to match your goals, but changing your core inspirations is more difficult. Will someone with a heavy P preference ever enjoy meeting external deadlines? Or will they be more inclined to do so when it coincides with their values?
    Under determined decision to develop oneself, one can learn 10-15 points of J per year in my experience.

If I had to learn P, I think that could come 20-30 points per year.

But, this is just my situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Under determined decision to develop oneself, one can learn 10-15 points of J per year in my experience.

If I had to learn P, I think that could come 20-30 points per year.

But, this is just my situation.
    Agreed. They can slowly strengthen their least preferred (and skilled) functions, as their existing persona permits it. Yet when an upcoming situation demands results within a limited time-frame, they would have to rely on a more individual method to meet the ends.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Change can come.
    You can force yourself to exercise non-preferred functions more often and more effectively. It's called discipline, but it will never change which functions you have a preference for--you will always naturally perform better at some types of tasks than others.

So if you're, say, an INFP really trying to work on tertiary Si...you can do exercises to practice Si and improve your Si from what it was, but you can't force yourself to prefer Si over your natural Fi/Ne. You can train weaker functions but you can't decide what you're most talented at; that's all involuntary.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

How a P can temporarily become a J

1.Very Strong coffee.

2. Set your alarm for 2:15 AM.

3. Prepare a list the night before.

4. Use all of will power to start on #1 and #2, move into a separate room wit no distractions (if possible to accomplish the tasks preferably away from the internet).

5. Drink at least two cups straight to the head.

6. Begin…no really begin…now!

7. Put yourself in a student cramming for finals head space. Set an imaginary last minute deadline and then again a 2nd and last, last, imaginary last deadline, (with the words next to it: absolutely no more extensions!!!). Once you start obsessing on the job at hand you are on your way. Congatulations you are (for the time being) a J!!!