• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Do You Differ From Your Type?

ps646566

MBTI Type
INTJ
Compared with the mainstream INTJ, the borderline S situation seems to make me less phlegmatic, less driven, less abstract, more down to earth, and more cautious. I'm okay with that

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Similarities
- I value my relationships and commitments
- Many people would regard me as being somewhat intelligent
- Theoretical and abstract
- Probably somewhat articulate, making full use of a sophisticated vocabulary
- Near-useless in the real world
- I have been described as introspective and 'deep'
- A good listener
- Always looking to improve things where I think it is necessary
- I am a perfectionist
- When irritated, my tact, composure and pleasant demeanour can go AWOL
- Like order and structure
- Worry about the future frequently
- Value competence and knowledge and deride a lack of " "
- Reserved
- Use logic regularly
- Will back those I support
- Like working alone, dislike working in groups, particularly those where I have to do most of the work :(
- Fail to detect vital details in the real world
- 'Head in the clouds', quite removed
- I present a calm face
- I have a 'different' way of thinking
- Resourceful
- Can be ambitious and driven
- Often hold back part of my personality
- Very poor communication skills
- Reluctance to apologise and take blame for things immediately (I do later though)
- Tendency to be cautious and uncertain when confronted with abrupt or unwanted change
- Somewhat routinised

Differences
- Poor strategist and leader
- I can be mired down in details when examining texts
- My sense of the 'big picture' is prone to blurring, particularly when upset
- I lack self-esteem
- I am highly self-critical
- I can get along with people from all walks of life
- I retain hidden, powerful emotions underneath
- My opinions of people can be quite strong
- I am moody
- I lack the confidence to fully trust my insights and intuitions
- Somewhat dependent
- Emotion and feelings are factors in my decision-making processes
- Am prone to bouts of anxiety, particularly if I drive myself too hard
- Not ambitious on a consistent basis
- I care about the feelings of others (that may just be a INTJ anti-stereotype though)
- Detest conflict and don't handle criticism well
- Can get caught up in long-term dodgy friendships
- I know when I have hurt someone's feelings

Last edited:

lazyhappy

i'm not the stereotypical T... i consider what others think/feel moreso then what the description of T states... not to mention, i can't spell worth crap... not exactly "smart" in the grammer/english department... i read somewhere that intp's criticise that but... i don't... or atleat i think i don't... but math is another story.

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure. In lots of ways, I think. I'm still not 100% sure what type I am. =/

I'm not good at languages. INFPs are meant to be.
Also, INFPs are meant to be really patient. I'm patient to a point but when people are being ridiculous or just plain stupid, and I have to repeat things I get really frustrated and it's worse because I don't possess the courage to snap at them. I just sort of stop talking. I don't know. Maybe I don't have a type =P

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Compared with the mainstream INTJ, the borderline S situation seems to make me less phlegmatic, less driven, less abstract, more down to earth, and more cautious. I'm okay with that

Differences
- Somewhat routinised
- Tendency to be cautious and uncertain when confronted with abrupt or unwanted change

I don't understand, INTJ is clearly a cautious and routinized type because of their IxxJ preferences. Ni types tend not to adapt well to changes -- they want to be the ones controlling the changes. Holistic thinkers like Ni will want to understand the change from every angle before embracing it. Or as introverts, they will envision the idea of change, but unless their Te is developed, will probably not apply the change.

When Ni is confronted with abrupt changes, it can cause a sensory overload due to underdeveloped Se.

And it seems that most of the INxJs on these boards share these characteristics, too.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't understand, INTJ is clearly a cautious and routinized type because of their IxxJ preferences. Ni types tend not to adapt well to changes -- they want to be the ones controlling the changes. .

I agree with cautious, but routinized? True, Ni tends not to adapt well to changes and wants to have everything prepared before the change ( :huh: )... but a day to day routine is alien to me. I tend to plan out my next day & try to schedule it so that everything gets done, but I'm never on a set schedule nor do I remotely do the same schedule each day. I tend to plan for what I need to do or what needs to happen, but the thought of an actual routine bores me to tears (and feels really pointless, as I have different things to accomplish every day)! This is how I've always felt different from SJ types.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni routinizes itself to zone out into the inner world, so it can muse over its conceptions, and any outer world surprises can disturb them. I'm not sure what is meant by routinized. Is routine about being a creature of habit or is it about handling day-to-day practical concerns?

Ni can totally be a creature of habit, although handling routine concerns of a practical nature, then that's Si.

Think of how authors (generally Ni or INxx types) and philosophers like Immanuel Kant (an INTJ) tend to want a routine and predictable lifestyle.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't understand, INTJ is clearly a cautious and routinized type because of their IxxJ preferences. Ni types tend not to adapt well to changes -- they want to be the ones controlling the changes. Holistic thinkers like Ni will want to understand the change from every angle before embracing it. Or as introverts, they will envision the idea of change, but unless their Te is developed, will probably not apply the change.

When Ni is confronted with abrupt changes, it can cause a sensory overload due to underdeveloped Se.

And it seems that most of the INxJs on these boards share these characteristics, too.

Ni routinizes itself to zone out into the inner world, so it can muse over its conceptions, and any outer world surprises can disturb them. I'm not sure what is meant by routinized. Is routine about being a creature of habit or is it about handling day-to-day practical concerns?

Ni can totally be a creature of habit, although handling routine concerns of a practical nature, then that's Si.

Think of how authors (generally Ni or INxx types) and philosophers like Immanuel Kant (an INTJ) tend to want a routine and predictable lifestyle.

Well, the descriptions of the INTJ's I read seem to indicate that they rely less on routine than ISTJ's. Anyway, I do identify with most of the traits you have listed...although sensory overload tends to occur to me when I'm in a place with loud music and bright lights, as opposed to when I'm confronted with abrupt change. I don't actually apply change unless I have to and change also takes me a while to get used to. By routinised, I thought that it meant 'creature of habit'. I'm hopeless with practical matters. I'd better change my list then. :blush:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And really, I don't see how anyone can be accepting of unwanted changes. That makes absolutely no sense.

N is open to change in that it is on the lookout for something better; due to N's idealistic nature (more tuned into "wants" rather than "haves"), there is a tendency for greed. S is more accepting and tolerant with the world as it is.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an ESTJ, I go through periods of quiet thought and observation, and I value solitude a lot. I also have a somewhat developed intuitive side which allows me certain skills and abilities I would otherwise not have. I'm also a bit lazy sometimes.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an ESTJ, I go through periods of quiet thought and observation, and I value solitude a lot. I also have a somewhat developed intuitive side which allows me certain skills and abilities I would otherwise not have. I'm also a bit lazy sometimes.

Same here.

I think there's a lot of things about my type that don't fit me.
I think things are more arbitrary and relative than my type's stereotype would have you believe. There's definitely black and white, but there's grey, too, and I acknowledge that one solution doesn't fit everyone. I'm not interested in the business world (even though I've always been told I should either get an MBA or become a lawyer! :huh:). I'm really self-reflective and aware of my own feelings and motivations-- but this was an acquired skill for me. Often, I'd rather work alone than in a group. I hate small-talk and decorum for its own sake. I'm sentimental as all hell, but it's a side I rarely show to anyone except my inner circle. :wubbie:

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
Despite testing as an INFP I tend not to be overly touchy-feely. I certainly feel emotions really intensely but to me these are expressed via engaging in the things that I am truly passionate about.

I guess this could come back to Gender roles also. As a male it's an environmental expectation that I be a thinker, and I certainly take on this role when need be.

However the imputus to all my actions stems from my engaging passions. Finding meaning is important to me but not at the cost of fullfilling exsistence.