User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    My husband made the statement just a little while ago that, in his personal opinion, he didn't like the MBTI because he felt like it made too many generalizations or something like that. So, I was wondering... how do you differ from your type? Anything hugely significant? And are there any generalizations about your type that your particularly don't like?
    A point counter point eh?

False.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Hmm. I'm not as outgoing as I would like (or appear to be through my writing!). I usually listen, instead of talk. I do have some organisational skills (although they appear only when I really need them). I suck at acting. I also am not comfortable disregarding rules. Oh, and I totally have a stubborn streak.

That's about all. The rest I'm pretty typical ENFP!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well, at the risk of being very non-NF (and for what it's worth, I've never read any of the 16 descriptions and had an epiphany where I've said, 'That's 100% me!) and being booted out of the NF camp ;-) -

My 'causes' have never been tied to people and humanity as a whole. I think there are a lot of reasons for why I'm this way, but it would get too convoluted to list out. I've never been an activist for the downtrodden in terms of social issues, and actually largescale social/cultural stuff makes me upset - I don't really like humanity as a whole, and on a grand scale. Large-group dynamics, and moving into a global scale...tend to sicken me. But on the individual level I find I can care and love quite deeply, and whenever I talk one on one with people, I really warm up and feel for everyones' individual plights in this thing called life, and I want to help people once I make that connection and once I start grasping what makes them tick. I want people to be happy and live happy, fulfilling lives. That's how I am with people and with my interactions with people. But it's very 1:1 and personalized, and I don't go out seeking for it -- not giant 'causes' or anything.

But truthfully, my 'cause' is the environment, animals, plants...basically the entire world aside from people. Because this is what is most meaningful to me (well, aside from my personal interactions with friends and family and my own relationships), this trumps everything else.

This also adds an interesting dynamic for me, because it adds a love/hate element for me with regards to humanity - because people (including myself) - all 7 billion plus - are the cause of the destruction of what I most cherish. Animals/plants/everything else, to me, are the ultimate innocent. I'm not sure that it is the 'innocent' aspect that is WHY I value it so much...I'm not sure I can describe WHY, the love and care for it has just always been at the root of my being...so it, rather than people, would be my martyring-aspect. If my death could save the ecosystems and reverse the human 'progress' and unsustainability, I would die.

The people causes seem to be a rather integral component of NF though. And my lack of it was the single reason why years ago I figured there was no way I could be NF.

Just being honest. I suppose I should change my 'type' to Ixxx now?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I've probably gushed my feelings out one too many times for a stero-typical INTP. I'm also much more absolute about right and wrong than most are.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

My major pet peeve with my type description... emphasis on the J... is my inability to stay on tasks very well. I have too many projects and ideas I want to try that I ended up completing very few of them. Easily distracted is more concise descriptor. Also inability to properly prioritize things because they're all interesting/important/related in different ways.

MBTI
    INfP

I'm more of a math and science geek than any INFP has a right to be. That's all I can think of for now.
    INFP (Fi/Ne/Ti/Ni/Te/Se/Si/Fe) - 4w5 (or 5w4)
    Vigilant/ Mercurial/ Leisurely
    Musical/ Intrapersonal/ Logical

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticPuggle View Post
    I'm more of a math and science geek than any INFP has a right to be. That's all I can think of for now.
    My INFP cousin works as an Engineer and graduated from one of the top Engineering schools in the country. We're both Physics nerds, but she totally takes the cake on math geekiness! Don't let the F fool you!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm either an INFJ with strong Ti or an INTJ with strong Fi. In the larger context of my life, I am leaning towards concluding on the latter. When I get depressed I don't like talking about feeling or letting others see me cry. I like to take care of that myself. The things that cheer me up include watching "Mars Rising", or discussing ideas. I have had a lot of emotion to sort through in my life as a result of early abuse and childhood instability, but I have managed by developing systems to regulate emotion. I do filter my emotions in this way. I do tend to feel connected to others and enjoy helping them to feel strong. My communication style is typically soft and gentle, and so that isn't typical for INTJ. Gestures of emotion wear me down. I have never cooed over a new baby, cried at a wedding, or felt much sentiment in any way. However, my face is expressive and tends to match and connect with the inner content of what someone else expresses to me one-on-one. My connection to people is empathetic, based on their internal worldview, focusing on one person at a time. I tend to make people feel stronger which is my goal. I am not terribly moved by universal causes of any sort. They mostly appear well outside my sphere of influence. My sense of morality is based on reason and relies on the simplest possible principles that have fluidity to apply in various contexts. I draw few conclusions about behaviors. I am deeply agnostic in all my thinking. There are no absolutes, no certainties, only varying probabilities, a type of pure skepticism. I am a survivalist. I plan to expend the least energy and look for the path of least resistance, so that when unexpected crisis occur, there are resources available.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I'm either an INFJ with strong Ti or an INTJ with strong Fi. In the larger context of my life, I am leaning towards concluding on the latter. When I get depressed I don't like talking about feeling or letting others see me cry. I like to take care of that myself. The things that cheer me up include watching "Mars Rising", or discussing ideas. I have had a lot of emotion to sort through in my life as a result of early abuse and childhood instability, but I have managed by developing systems to regulate emotion. I do filter my emotions in this way. I do tend to feel connected to others and enjoy helping them to feel strong. My communication style is typically soft and gentle, and so that isn't typical for INTJ. Gestures of emotion wear me down. I have never cooed over a new baby, cried at a wedding, or felt much sentiment in any way. However, my face is expressive and tends to match and connect with the inner content of what someone else expresses to me one-on-one. My connection to people is empathetic, based on their internal worldview, focusing on one person at a time. I tend to make people feel stronger which is my goal. I am not terribly moved by universal causes of any sort. They mostly appear well outside my sphere of influence. My sense of morality is based on reason and relies on the simplest possible principles that have fluidity to apply in various contexts. I draw few conclusions about behaviors. I am deeply agnostic in all my thinking. There are no absolutes, no certainties, only varying probabilities, a type of pure skepticism. I am a survivalist. I plan to expend the least energy and look for the path of least resistance, so that when unexpected crisis occur, there are resources available.
    you've basically described me. i'm extremely uncomfortable letting my emotions show (and they really don't show), and i'm pretty apathetic to any large-scale issues. i use Ti and Ni as coping mechanisms to deal with deep emotional wounds. i'm totally into logic and philosophy -- intellectualization is my #1 defense strategy, etc. but my connections to people are all about empathy. i can empathize on a small scale, but can't handle big groups very easily. pretty much every sentence in your paragraph describes me

but i have no doubt i'm INFJ with strong Ti. empathy is totally an Fe thing, and intellectualization is totally a Ti thing (Ni too).

"my face is expressive and tends to match and connect with the inner content of what someone else expresses to me one-on-one. My connection to people is empathetic, based on their internal worldview, focusing on one person at a time. I tend to make people feel stronger which is my goal."

= Ni/Fe

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

ENFJs are Ti, our inferior function. This does NOT mean that I don't "get" science or abstractions. There has been a tendency in the past to look at me and my cauldron of emotion, and then write me off as having no ability to dig down into factual matters. I spend a LOT of time doing exactly that. I enjoy it. (I've been patronized into the ground by Ts on this subject.)

I was a mechanic. That wasn't "typical" for my type. I liked getting dirty and feeling accomplished and being able to see with my two eyes something I fixed.

Also, I seem to read "optimism" from the type descriptions and I'm not an optimist. I'm a pessimist who hopes for better. And there's never any mention of the stormy nature. I'm not a happy personality. In fact, the ENFJs I know have quite the strong morbid streak. I don't know if it's something we develop over time as a coping mechanism or what.

EDIT: Ugh, one more thing. The romance end -- I'm NOT at ALL squishy. I'm not square to 2+2 paint-by-number flowers, maudlin music, goo-ball, cookie-cutter, "doves flying out of the trees" displays, nor can I be swayed by such. If that's really honestly part of the ENFJ psyche, someone left that part out on me.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious