• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ancestry, culture and type

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
so i have sort of been looking into where in the world there may be an abundance of N, if anywhere. this has lead me to believe in a theorem (which i am hoping to prove at some point), that the further east you go, the more native intuitive people you will find. exceptions include OZ and NZ, since those were completely occupied by western civilization.

this forces me to ask the questions here:

1. what ancenstry do you have?

2. do you consider yourself a member of a subgenre of race (i.e., for white gaulic or slavic etc., for black nigerian, aborigin, etc.)

3. do you think cultures of your ancestry have had any (even minor) effect on your upbringing?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I was born in the Netherlands and I'm still living there. My dads family is almost entirely Dutch, except for his great-grandmother. She had a French (maybe Belgian?) surname. There goes another rumor that another great-grandmother cheated on her husband with a Spanish guy, which makes his grandmother half-Spanish. My mothers family is way more multicultural. My mother was born in Hungary, her mother was from Romania and her mother again had a Polish surname. My mother probably even has Austrian and Croatian blood as well. I only think that the Dutch and the Hungarian cultures had effect on my upbringing.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't believe there's any correlation between race and MBTI type.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I don't believe there's any correlation between race and MBTI type.

it's hard to say when it hasn't been proven or disproven. i'm not saying there is a correlation between race per se, but there may be one per culture, and cultural race (which is why i asked for subgenre of race instead of asking for skin color :rolli:)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
it's hard to say when it hasn't been proven or disproven. i'm not saying there is a correlation between race per se, but there may be one per culture, and cultural race (which is why i asked for subgenre of race instead of asking for skin color :rolli:)

But this implies you think the mbti theory is proven ?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Okay I mean there could be some study on it, but in my experience knowing people, I don't see any correlation between type and race.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Okay I mean there could be some study on it, but in my experience knowing people, I don't see any correlation between type and race.

instead of arguing my point, could you be so kind as to give me data instead?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The two pence I have are: the generation of my parents was the last one to suffer from millenia of civic oppression in my country. And suddenly after their slow demise, millions of different galaxies arose in the cosmos, thousands of different colorful personality types, bearing that much individuality that its even too much for my current generation and need to balance itself out again.

But this brings the question: Did all these personality types suddenly came to life, in a country dominanted by the rules of the Bourgeoisie for millenia ? Or were they there all the time ?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Polish, Lithuanian, and Russian Jews, but I was born in the United States. 3rd generation or something.

2. do you consider yourself a member of a subgenre of race (i.e., for white gaulic or slavic etc., for black nigerian, aborigin, etc.)

Uhh, Ashkenazim? Well, I'm considered white by the school's standardized tests, so I guess so.

3. do you think cultures of your ancestry have had any (even minor) effect on your upbringing?

Uhm. Perhaps. The whole religious schism has caused me to view a lot of the religions and beliefs of people around me at a distance. Also, I was brought up Reform, so I've questioned a lot of religious stuff, too.

Also, if there's one cultural thing that's affected me the most, it's the emphasis on education. I remember a while back I was pretty shocked to hear that some acquaintances wouldn't be going to college or wouldn't earn more than an associate's degree because apparently 'they didn't have the money.' Their parents wouldn't help them fund their education at all, and they decided that buying a car with their work money was a much more pressing matter. In my family, this would not be an option. Even with my family's financial state as it is, I'm definitely, definitely at least getting a 4 year degree at a respectable university. *shrug*

I don't understand this 'farther east you go, the more intuitive people get'. I mean... the world is round. If you keep going east, eventually you end up west again. Where is this arbitrary divide?

juggernaut

Permabanned

Polish, Lithuanian, and Russian Jews, but I was born in the United States. 3rd generation or something.

Uhh, Ashkenazim? Well, I'm considered white by the school's standardized tests, so I guess so.

Uhm. Perhaps. The whole religious schism has caused me to view a lot of the religions and beliefs of people around me at a distance. Also, I was brought up Reform, so I've questioned a lot of religious stuff, too.

Also, if there's one cultural thing that's affected me the most, it's the emphasis on education. I remember a while back I was pretty shocked to hear that some acquaintances wouldn't be going to college or wouldn't earn more than an associate's degree because apparently 'they didn't have the money.' Their parents wouldn't help them fund their education at all, and they decided that buying a car with their work money was a much more pressing matter. In my family, this would not be an option. Even with my family's financial state as it is, I'm definitely, definitely at least getting a 4 year degree at a respectable university. *shrug*

I don't understand this 'farther east you go, the more intuitive people get'. I mean... the world is round. If you keep going east, eventually you end up west again. Where is this arbitrary divide?

+1

'Cept my mom went and sullied the bloodline by marrying a first generation German gentile immigrant. Oh that wild woman!

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
instead of arguing my point, could you be so kind as to give me data instead?

Don't be a tosser.

Your thread is quasi-nazi bullshit, which may or may not be fine - but don't expect the "data" on a plate.

Heaven forbid you might have to "defend" your "point".

Have a nice life.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
+1

'Cept my mom went and sullied the bloodline by marrying a first generation German gentile immigrant. Oh that wild woman!

gross :D I will get our bloodline polluted with french genes. Gonna see what they will do about that :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
That's a wrong theory, in my opinion, from the sample of Asians that I know (and, paradoxically, I mostly know asians that are either doing their masters or phd, thus the likelihood of them being intuitive is higher than the likelihood of a random sample), which is around a hundred. Anyway, as far as providing data for your survey goes:

Mostly mediterranean (from my father's side), and Alpine (from my mother's side). It's a mix quite typical of north-eastern Italy, actually. My maternal grandmother was jew, but she didn't bring the religion on when she married my maternal granddad.

I'd say that if I compare myself with the average european I would be of mediterranean subgenre, somatically-wise, although not as much as southern italians and greeks. Still, I'm more similar to them than to French or German people. I'm brownish in winter, and get quite dark during the summer; average build and height, dark hair and green/brown eyes.

No, not really. My mother, even if clearly of alpine origin in terms of body type and appearance, has typical northern italian values. My father has typical central italian values (which differ from both those of the south, and those of the north). I'd say that my upbring was more affected by the culture of reference of my parents, rather than my ancestry.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I could almost imagine saying that the Western hemisphere is more SP and the eastern more SJ as a cultural thing, but this... huh. *scratches head*

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's a wrong theory, in my opinion, from the sample of Asians that I know (and, paradoxically, I mostly know asians that are either doing their masters or phd, thus the likelihood of them being intuitive is higher than the likelihood of a random sample), which is around a hundred.

Though I endager myself to sound prejudicial: Dont you think they rather score PhD due to their working morales ? :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Don't be a tosser.

Your thread is quasi-nazi bullshit, which may or may not be fine - but don't expect the "data" on a plate.

Heaven forbid you might have to "defend" your "point".

Have a nice life.

+1

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I could almost imagine saying that the Western hemisphere is more SP and the eastern more SJ as a cultural thing, but this... huh. *scratches head*

Yes, this could be somewhat more reasonable, but the divide would still be arbitrary, since it could also be said that the northern western is more SJ than southern western; whereas the souther-northern personality divide would be reversed in, say, China.