• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ancestry, culture and type

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In China a man pushed a recent suicide off of a bridge because he was being "selfish."

In Japan the group is ultimately considered in terms of school, business, and honoring one's family.

In India parents still arrange marriages.

*cough* drama queen *cough*

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
In China a man pushed a recent suicide off of a bridge because he was being "selfish."

In Japan the group is ultimately considered in terms of school, business, and honoring one's family.

In India parents still arrange marriages.

While, in America, things are so far in the other direction -- most food pantries and services for the homeless are run by religious organizations of all kinds.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9

the man was diagnose with mental instability.

this is true, but how does this relate to spirituality?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
It doesn't. It's a part of the culture, not the spirituality. That's the point.

but wouldn't their spirituality be integrated in their culture? i understand the point of having the individual carry the religion itself, but that would still be considered a "norm" in a culture.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
easy there sunshine. no need to rage.

There's also no need for unrelated personal attacks on his part, especially when I never responded directly to him. If anyone is being a "drama queen" it's him for taking the thread off topic in the first place.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ancestry: Mongrel
Culture: Bogan (Westy)
Type: ISFP

A powerful cocktail...

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
1. what ancenstry do you have?
Swedish, and British of some flavor. Northern England or lower Scotland, probably. There's a smidge of German in there. The Swedish genes are dominant in nearly all respects. Generations of inbreeding will do that.

2. do you consider yourself a member of a subgenre of race (i.e., for white gaulic or slavic etc., for black nigerian, aborigin, etc.)
Not really, though I do consider myself essentially Scandinavian, due the strength of the genes.

3. do you think cultures of your ancestry have had any (even minor) effect on your upbringing?
I don't know about upbringing, if we're talking about nurture. I certainly have a Scandinavian disposition, though.