• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ancestry, culture and type

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. what ancenstry do you have?
Romulan

2. do you consider yourself a member of a subgenre of race
Romulans are different from Vulcans, even though there are many similarities.

3. do you think cultures of your ancestry have had any (even minor) effect on your upbringing?

I do not eat seafood.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i based it on the theory that the earliest sapient humans came from india,

You mean, Aryans?

It's becoming interesting. A shame young people often aren't cultured enough to see what game you are trying to play. But the intellectual references are perfectly clear.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Wait, YLJ, are you Romulan-American, or Romulan-Canadian or...?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Just a quick question, on what are you basing "sapience"? Which species are using? The oldest hominid remains did not come from India. The oldest anatomically modern human remains were found in Ethiopia.

i wasn't thinking species as much as cultural sapience, with the emergence of religion and spirituality. i am also a firm believer of the theory that africa wasn't the only place from whence homo sapiens evolved.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You mean, Aryans?

It's becoming interesting. A shame young people often aren't cultured enough to see what game you are trying to play.

This one is. But i put it on the frenchness :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait, YLJ, are you Romulan-American, or Romulan-Canadian or...?

Intoxicated Romulan!

attachment.php

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
You mean, Aryans?

It's becoming interesting. A shame young people often aren't cultured enough to see what game you are trying to play.

urgh, you're an idiot.

look here:

Aryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"[it] is one of the ironies of history that Aryan, a word nowadays referring to the blond-haired, blue-eyed physical ideal of Nazi Germany, originally referred to a people who looked vastly different. Its history starts with the ancient Indo-Iranians, peoples who inhabited parts of what are now Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India."

stop trolling already.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I learned at very young age that I do things wrong. I dont greet guests like its supposed too. I as a man dont watch soccer, as it is supposed too. I dont blame my wife for everything in bars, as it is supposed too...

The great advantage I got, was I am insane :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If, as you seem to be claiming now, you are taking this from a purely cultural rather than racial perspective, I can see why you ask.

I am Scots-Irish, German, Native American, and English. However, I think my "type" may be strongly influenced by the fact that I grew up in the subcultural context of semi-rural West Virginia more so than any of my genetic ancestry. My grandmother - the most "Eastern" of my immediate ancestors - was Eastern European and may have culturally influenced FP in her children. But it's all cultural, not racial, otherwise I wouldn't have so many SPs and SJs in my family while I'm an NF.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
urgh, you're an idiot.

look here:

"[it] is one of the ironies of history that Aryan, a word nowadays referring to the blond-haired, blue-eyed physical ideal of Nazi Germany, originally referred to a people who looked vastly different. Its history starts with the ancient Indo-Iranians, peoples who inhabited parts of what are now Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India."

stop trolling already.
Well for example the cast system in india probably had epidemiological origins (based on the invasion of a foreign people, the aryans becoming the leading cast and isolating themselves from the other casts seen as 'dirty' because causing illnesses, see what happened in america for example). It's just that I don't really see the connection between aryan culture\genepoll and your theory.
Yes they had horse riding and cool tools but I don't really see how it fits into a multi-milenium-influence theory
Then some would apparently have got to the babylonian zone and so on. but again, same argument, what kind of solid proof\idea lead you to connect it to mbti?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
urgh, you're an idiot.

look here:

stop trolling already.

Do you really think we're that gullible???

I'm sure you know what the word Arya means in sanskrit? Or Arya dharma?

Sapience, Religion, India... Why does it smell... well... not good?

---

You can fool most people here. But can you fool yourself?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
but again, same argument, what kind of solid proof\idea lead you to connect it to mbti?

just the general experience of how people seem to think. i have no solid proof, which again is why it is a theorem and not a theory.

i don't want to associate it directly with a gene pool. i want to associate it with the cultures people lived in, and how it affected them.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What I meant is that SPIRITUALITY and CULTURE are outlets for different things in the Western world as compared to the Eastern world.

Or... something, so you can't just put spirituality into a vacuum, which means that when looking at cultures that are more 'N' you can't just look at spirituality.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have to protest here tho. From my knowledge, which is limited, the Aryan was no ideal of the whole thing but mere propaganda.

Like nowadays there are only slim and naked woman on television in advertising propaganda.
So it was a thing used in television or the radio.

But hence I got your information @Blackmail and Eck. I finally understand the name of the goa band, Propagandhi :D

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
just the general experience of how people seem to think. i have no solid proof, which again is why it is a theorem and not a theory.

i don't want to associate it directly with a gene pool. i want to associate it with the cultures people lived in, and how it affected them.
I just don't see it, the theoretical backbone is weak at best. You could prove anything that way. I mean, hitler used it to say that aryans were blue eyed and german didn't he? This has to mean something about our tendency to build rationals around our belief systems\desired outcome.

Too many factors. I could probably prove that humans are all the sons of little green men using the same elements. (I'm not mocking you, I mean it)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I mean that in Eastern religions it's generally internal, while in Western it's generally external and very community-oriented.

However Western culture emphasizes individualism while Eastern emphasizes the good of the group.

You see what I mean?

this is a very interesting point, and honestly, i do think it could illustrate/compare to the S/N dichotomy. i would say that there are equal parts of altruism and individualism in western cultures. can you give me examples where eastern cultures emphasize the good of the group?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
For example, I could say that coming from a colder climate aryans had to fight for hunting grounds\research weaponry more.
Social pressure would have led to an exodus and the invasion of southern lands.
Then historical deformation will have made the Victors into superlatives as they always do, add millenias of myths and tada.

Then the next exodus going to another land would have used the victor's value systems and technology, propagating the 'aryan legend' further. Take the allies during WW2, they after all represented alot of different cultures and interests, whatever propaganda tells us about 'the good vs evil fight'. If the nazis\japanese had won the allies would be the bad guys today.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
can you give me examples where eastern cultures emphasize the good of the group?

In China a man pushed a recent suicide off of a bridge because he was being "selfish."

In Japan the group is ultimately considered in terms of school, business, and honoring one's family.

In India parents still arrange marriages.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I just don't see it, the theoretical backbone is weak at best. You could prove anything that way. I mean, hitler used it to say that aryans were blue eyed and german didn't he? This has to mean something about our tendency to build rationals around our belief systems\desired outcome.

Too many factors. I could probably prove that humans are all the sons of little green men using the same elements. (I'm not mocking you, I mean it)

point taken, i am well aware that the scientific merit for this is weak. but at the same time, something keeps telling me that there may be something about this. i guess getting input from discussion was better than just gathering the data.

i am also sure that it is possible to narrow down the factors; so the question for me now is which perspective to take on in order to restrict factors.