First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Which school of "anthropology" did you attend? Himmler Intermediate?
    you're just trying to troll around aren't you? it should be obvious by now that i had something different in mind than being a nazi.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Sentura: Not sure where you got the "farther east = more native intuitives" idea from. It doesn't seem to make any sense to me... but data for you.
    i'm not saying it's true, i haven't proven it in any way. but with the seemingly spiritual mentality far-eastern countries have had for millennia, i would be inclined to think that they realized (and practiced) their intuition long before western civilization.

Looking at Asian culture, there's a huge emphasis on SJ behaviour. Rules and traditions you must follow... within the family and within society. Whereas in America, the emphasis is freedom and individualism (SP). But that's just history influencing culture. It has very little to do with personality of individuals.
    do you personally feel either of these cultures have influenced you? (i assume you live in the US, stop me if i am wrong)
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I get your rational about cultural influence, the rational east vs the holistic philosophies of the east and so on.
    You can also consider the pictural analogic right brained written languages of the east vs the digital alphabetical code we use and so on.

And so on

The issue here is i doubt you've even considered most of the parameters. And if you did, please give them to us instead of giving us the whole 'i intuit something and being the smarter guy on earth i will waste people's time now'

I could also say that the 0 was mostly invented and used by the east, which is so left brained i can't begin to describe it.
    I could say that most of the known inventors, philosophs, scientists that helped our 'thing\rational\left brain oriented society' to become itself were Ns.

So I fear you're just taking the arguments you like and not even thinking of the zillion other parameters, starting with the correlation between right and left brain and mbti functions.
    i don't know, start by checking correlations between handedness and mbti functions if any.
    Heard that there's more left handed people than used to be, but then again our society doesn't force left handed people to become right handed anymore.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Which school of "anthropology" did you attend? Himmler Intermediate?
    I'm wondering exactly the same question.

When I see a thread called like that... "ancestry and race"... Sounds a lot like "Blut und Boden", or all these interesting theories about the "Genius loci" written by our dear count of Gobineau.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    you're just trying to troll around aren't you? it should be obvious by now that i had something different in mind than being a nazi.
    Maybe we could wheel on a few national stereotypes - a mean kilted Scotsman or a African fellow with a top hat and a bone through his nose.

Because that, sir, is about how "scientific" your "point" (whatever that is) really is.

Once again, have a nice life.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    *nods to Hap*

Looking at Asian culture, there's a huge emphasis on SJ behaviour. Rules and traditions you must follow... within the family and within society. Whereas in America, the emphasis is freedom and individualism (SP). But that's just history influencing culture. It has very little to do with personality of individuals.
    It may have an influence about the personality of individuals, but probably not as much as we'd like to think.

I heard the whole individualism thing started from ancient Greece, and spread from there?

Anyway, so the story goes, a lot of people who came to the southern British colonies were people looking for adventure and to make a profit because of the crops that were grown there, and were therefore more extroverted than your average Briton, which could have created a setup of extroversion/introversion that mirrors the Mediterranean versus northern Europe, which would reinforce the idea of hot/cold extroversion/introversion.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Does someone know the book "the tank that was made of aluminium" ?

Nobody did like the tank, cause he was a total fail, but in the end, he was the only one, who could move through the wall of fire and rescue everyone, cause he was the only one that wouldnt have melted in it...

That totally ruined my understanding of physics
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I'm wondering exactly the same question.

When I see a thread called like that... "ancestry"... Sounds alot like "Blut und Boden", all these interesting theories about the "Genius loci" made by our dear count of Gobineau.
    it's funny some people understand my message, whereas others just seek to doubt and judge it immediately.

i think the quote below illustrates well what i want from this thread. maybe if you weren't so stuck in your political correctness, we could actually have had a decent discussion about this, like some of the other members of this board have proven.

Originally Posted by juggernaut
    Hey Sentura, is what you're really after cultural/sub-cultural difference? The existence of "race" is basically a fairy tale. We have genotypes and phenotypes, but the variation within a population (a culture) is much greater than variation between any two populations. Culture, is much more likely to affect personality type/development than anything in a person's physiological makeup.
    yes. i should perhaps have used subculture instead of subgenre; but these days the semantic of subculture is completely different from what i ask of. i'm not asking whether you're "emo" or "punk" or "goth", if you catch my drift.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You must avoid getting into arguement with the americans Sentura. They are just mean old boys waiting for threads like this
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You must avoid getting into arguement with the americans Sentura. They are just mean old boys waiting for threads like this
    i don't get it. i just don't get how someone can be so touchy on the subject of culture. but then again, wars have been fought for less.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty