User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yes, this could be somewhat more reasonable, but the divide would still be arbitrary, since it could also be said that the northern western is more SJ than southern western; whereas the souther-northern personality divide would be reversed in, say, China.
    Okay, I'm horrible with geography.

How does the climate of southern China compare with northern China again?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Though I endager myself to sound prejudicial: Dont you think they rather score PhD due to their working morales ?
    Ahah, well, part of it is that there is so much population in China that everybody is pushed towards higher education since otherwise the competition can be rather daunting and life becomes very difficult. But OTOH some of these are also "elite students" in China, and still not intuitive by any stretch of imagination (often ISFJ and ISTP). In fact, they complain that even if they are coscentious and have great analytical abilities, their educational system hasn't trained them to be creative enough to get good ideas for their thesis
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

people, those of you who argue that race has nothing to with type: you're missing my point. i am not talking about races as much as i am talking about the culture that those races fostered. would you say that western civilization equals far-eastern civilization in terms of traditions, of knowledge and of spirituality?

the reason i choose race is purely from an anthropological point of view, since the above mentioned traits usually derive from a specific tribe, district or part of any country. this is why subgenre matters.

as to whether i believe MBTI is true: i can extract results from MBTI that allows me to work with this theory. i never stated that MBTI was entirely false, but i never said that it was entire true either. i use what truth i have seen proven by induction.

also, thanks haphazard, you captured what i wanted perfectly. and yes, in your case your subgenre would be ashkenazim.

to answer your question about 'the further east': the divide is in the pacific. i consider the eastern tip of japan to be the east-most point of the far-east. like i said, it is a question about mentality in countries and parts of those countries.

i realize that we may not have enough diversity to see a representative from each country, much less each part of one country; but that doesn't mean i can get answers from those countries with more representatives.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

It seems that the farther north you go, the more I people become.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Don't be a tosser.

Your thread is quasi-nazi bullshit, which may or may not be fine - but don't expect the "data" on a plate.

Heaven forbid you might have to "defend" your "point".

Have a nice life.
    yeah forgive me for not being politically correct and not asking questions about cultural differences or divides.

maybe next time before you pass judgment be sure that you understand what it is the OP asks for.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ahah, well, part of it is that there is so much population in China that everybody is pushed towards higher education since otherwise the competition can be rather daunting and life becomes very difficult. But OTOH some of these are also "elite students" in China, and still not intuitive by any stretch of imagination (often ISFJ and ISTP). In fact, they complain that even if they are coscentious and have great analytical abilities, their educational system hasn't trained them to be creative enough to get good ideas for their thesis
    Ya of course, you are right
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    It seems that the farther north you go, the more I people become.
    i am inclined to believe this as well. more so, the more rural an area gets, the more I people become.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The only thing I've noticed is that the Swedish/Norwegian side of my family is more introverted than the other side. Perhaps more intuitive also.

I think there are some trends we can observe. For example, is the average Finnish person more introverted than the average Italian person? Probably. But trying to make this into some sort of pseudo-science would be misguided.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i use what truth i have seen proven by induction.
    As well as a closet nazi, you're also an idiot.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Okay, I'm horrible with geography.

How does the climate of southern China compare with northern China again?
    It's funny, because it's a very good question that gives me an opportunity to debunk the old adagio of "people from the south (or northe, given the equator as line of inversion) are more extroverted because it's warm". The climate of southern China is warmer all-year round (beijing and hong-kong/macau are only equal in the summer in terms of avg temperature, in the winter beijing hovers around -5/0 while hk/macau hovers around 15/20) and wetter/more humid than the one of northern China, yet Northern Chinese are - in their own culture - stereotypied as being much more passionate than the Southern.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp