• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thoughts on Hybrid MBTI/Keirsey Types?

Usehername

On a mission
This place Index of Appreciating Differences Thru Colours talks about the idea of hybrids.

I don't know how I feel about it. I'm sort of ambivalent on the whole idea.

I see a lot of qualities of myself in all three of the other temperaments, but I definitely identify as the NT. What I don't know is if, in the MBTI system, you can hybrid the ideas. Does one need to ditch the whole MBTI system to do so?
What do you think about hybrid types? I can see a lot of hybrid-potentials in people I know and was wondering what people's thoughts are, esp. on the link.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The phenomenon is probably less evidence of hybridity than it is a result of limitations to using Myers-Briggs. A stopgap would be triangulation between MBTI, the Enneagram and other systems.