123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default Impression of Sensors: On here vs IRL

Do you see the Sensors on this forum as typical of the ones you know in real life or are we different in some ways, have you been surprised or had to change your expectations about sensors since frequenting this forum?

Edit: I'm not sure why I put this in popular culture and type.
    Could it be moved?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

If you really are a Sensor, my dear Quinlan, you're one of the wittiest and funniest I've ever met.

This is also my way to say that, more seriously, I consider individuals first, and that the opposition between Sensing/iNtuition is only a concept that comes far, far after that.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i'd like to think that sensors here are better off than those that aren't. those that i have seen have displayed little sensotard behavior honestly, and it just seems that sensors get along well with intuits over this. i wish it was the same for life.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Do you see the Sensors on this forum as typical of the ones you know in real life
    Hell no. The sensors I see (read as: pay notice to) in my classes are stupid fucking punks, and the ones i see at jobs/shops around here are crude, ignorant and just sleezy. I find the sensors online (and particularly here) to be just..... awesome all around, and dont seem to have the "flaws" many sensors bear IRL

prolly just self-selection methods pertaining to internet use, really. Computer illiteracy correlates with low/poor education, afterall

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    If you really are a Sensor, my dear Quinlan, you're one of the wittiest and funniest I've ever met.
    Thanks a lot Blackmail, not sure what I did to deserve that but cheers.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    I

They're the same here as they are in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Hell no. The sensors I see (read as: pay notice to) in my classes are stupid fucking punks, and the ones i see at jobs/shops around here are crude, ignorant and just sleezy. I find the sensors online (and particularly here) to be just..... awesome all around, and dont seem to have the "flaws" many sensors bear IRL

prolly just self-selection methods pertaining to internet use, really. Computer illiteracy correlates with low/poor education, afterall
    What kind of sensors do you meet, or rather, how do you know they're sensors?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post

it may also be because you lack the dimension that you would see of them in life. for all you know, these could be the exact same punks and store clerks...
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Perhaps you see the worst of us because they offer a clearer point of difference?

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    They're the same here as they are in real life.
    I doubt that, just because those online are different than the general population... even if the gap is shrinking.

My honest non-PC thought on this is that the Ss here are smarter than average (in accordance with the general population... which is S <_<), and the Ns are... how do I say... larger time wasters...? Less driven? More escapist, that's it.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I'm not getting into a debate about it, guys; you wanted my opinion of irl sensors vs on here and you got it. ptgatsby also hits the other side of the coin apart from education: the intelligence factor.