• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Very variable MBTI results? What do you make of them?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So, I've got the kind of collection of results in a few weeks I'm half laughing at the idea of taking another test. No, please don't get serious on me, telling to "live" and "ignore type". LOL. I've taken that advice looong ago :hi:

But, these results. Oh, do they make me a believer of test methodology :) ISTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ, ENFJ :) .

ISTP: experimental test perhaps. I'm too driven, extraverted and intellectual for that.
ISTJ: a test artifact. Perhaps I had focused on my Te and the test made a false connection between my reliance on empirical data and the function Si.
ESTJ: close to the real, perhaps I've overemphasized being "practical" because of getting this. I'm practical yes, but not unimaginatively so.
ESTP: Se day.
ENTP: I think I'm ENTJ close to P/J border, among others. I've done some creativity exercises lately.
ENTJ: My type, at some level. Me, no. My desire to accomplish something, deciding things for myself, and some other traits have lead me to end up with this type. I think I've integrated in my personality quite many traits not stereotypically associated with ENTJ, but I think very NTJ:ish ideas have been the core of me while learning all that. I let my feelings guide me (Fi), but I don't have strong negative feelings. I think it's important to see what works in practice for different human beings (Se lesson). I can value personalities and schools of thought based on most cognitive functions, although Si based seem most off to me, and I'd like to keep the effects of Fe within good taste.
ENFJ: test error. Perhaps I answered to make decisions based on my "feelings", thinking on my "insight" (Ni), my mood of the moment, and deciding many things without careful study.

If you get wildly variable MBTI results, too, please do share your analysis of them.

Btw I am ENTJ, I just celebrate the awesomeness of all the internet tests with my sig and stated "type".

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can sympathize with that, I've scored as INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, INFJ, INFP and ISTJ (starting with most frequent results).

I'm trying to find another way to figure out my type.

Jaguar

Go to this link:

Personality Test

Choose #3 in every question (I'm in between)
Look at the result.
I'd like to know why that's the default result, with all poles at 50%.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Go to this link:

Personality Test

Choose #3 in every question (I'm in between)
Look at the result.
I'd like to know why that's the default result, with all poles at 50%.

Personality test results
Ta-dah, your personality type is ESTJ!

Extraverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Judging (J) 50% Perceiving (P) 50%

Hahaha.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok, it gave some type as a result :) But, it's rare for someone to score exactly 50%, so I guess the problem is negligible.

I forgot often scoring INTJ too, btw.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Don't worry Santtu, I've had many problems with tests. I've been everywhere from ISTJ to INFP. Tests are more of a guidline. You have to look at the results and find out why they're that way. Also, you might want to look more in depth at... *pauses* Whoops, I just read the last sentence in your post. Scratch that last couple of sentences. :tongue:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
bipolar1.gif

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Scratch that last couple of sentences. :tongue:
:D

LOL @ the bears, too. I'd fear flipping from 50% I to 50% E in a week, yeah :D

One thread idea I had, born dead, was writing descriptions for people close to the middle in parameters. Too bad there's much too many combinations to bother :dry:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I score as INTP, INTJ, ISTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ. But I'm clearly an INFP. Only on the very long and detailed tests do I barely score INFP (borderline on all preferences though, hence the non caps in my type listed). I think it's just kinda silly, it doesn't cause type confusion for me at all. I've been getting more T and J tendencies lately, I've been organizing my life, making plans during the day (for no apparent reason, planning for random things to happen), and I'm also very logical, while having Fi. Logic is my highest value. I approach life going by my head, and not by emotion. Impersonal affairs are handled with logic, while personal affairs should be handled with emotion for me. I'm not going to do something "because I feel like it" to make the best choice in life, that comes from logic for me. I mean... Sure I'll do other things "because I feel like it", like how I just got some candy because I haven't had any in a few days. :tongue:

But yeah. I'm very varied, I'm like you, INFP doesn't quite fit me totally, but it works.

deleted
I'm not sure which tests you have taken to get these results, but a standard 4-type question test will suffice.

Here are your results:
ISTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ, ENFJ

And here is the average of your results:
ESTJ

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My four most common results are...

INFJ, INTJ, INTP, and ISFJ.

I'm definitely an Introvert.

I suppose what I make of them is that tests aren't totally reliable, and you have to pick the type that "seems right."