User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    It's just so confusing. I read the descriptions, and I seem to identify with Fi more than Ti, but looking at the dichotomies, I think I use T to interact more than F.
    That makes perfect sense in function terms, actually.

Fi, Se, Ni, Te

Your Thinking is extraverted, so it appears more in interaction than your Introverted Feeling.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, you read the cognitive function descriptions- but what about the actual type descriptions? Which ones end up closest to how you act?

your resident asshole

Well, upon reading the two types I find them to be similar. The only difference between the two is that ISTPs love logic and facts, so do I, but I don't go as far as to not factor in other peoples' feelings and how things will effect them. I don't ignore my feelings like an ISTP tends to do, I'm very well aware of them. There are things I disagree with with the ISFP description also, but I have a feeling that I'm ISFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200

Fi, Se, Ni, Te

Your Thinking is extraverted, so it appears more in interaction than your Introverted Feeling.
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Athenian200, I can't believe I missed that. My inferior function is probably very well developed, making me seem more like a T at times.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I start with dichotomies.
    I don't usually get all four down unless the person acts pretty stereotypical of a type. I get definates based on that. So then I get it down to something like.

"Inxx- i'm thinking maybe INTP but it could be any of the four IN."
    I think of all four, which one makes the most sense, then try to observe for functions and make changes as necissary.
    see, if you do that, then you run the risk of Applying a type to a person that FITS THEM and describes them, but isn't their type Someone could EASILY type me as INFJ and have it fit in everyway, but it's still wrong.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's just so confusing. I read the descriptions, and I seem to identify with Fi more than Ti, but looking at the dichotomies, I think I use T to interact more than F.
    I too have gotten confused about whether I'm INTP, but it's just kinda silly. You're a feeler because that's how you are on the inside, how you act doesn't determine which dichotomy you prefer. My Te is well developed as well, so it's odd for me too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Gut feel.
    Crawl back into the hole whence you came from, you degenerate Ni user!

Oh!It's you Quinlan. Sorry about that!
    Last edited by Moiety; 05-19-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Whole != hole. :P Don't mock me for being dyslexic.

Ahhh! Dichotomies!! Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm just torn between Fi and Ti at the momment.
    Ever written out your feelings on notepad before?
    What does it look like to you? More focus on Ti or Fi. (They will both be there)

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

Fi, Se, Ni, Te

Wouldn't inferior function usually manifest itself in extremely negative terms?
    Man. I can't imagine a well developed inferior as I've had little luck with Ne. It's possible that disney utilises Ti though, no?

But I don't hold function order rigidly. Top 2, and inferior are the only one I concern myself with. Everything else is fluid is somewhat fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I too have gotten confused about whether I'm INTP, but it's just kinda silly. You're a feeler because that's how you are on the inside, how you act doesn't determine which dichotomy you prefer. My Te is well developed as well, so it's odd for me too.
    Guess it's possible. Time for system reboot. xD

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Wouldn't inferior function usually manifest itself in extremely negative terms?
    Man. I can't imagine a well developed inferior as I've had little luck with Ne. It's possible that disney utilises Ti though, no?

But I don't hold function order rigidly. Top 2, and inferior are the only one I concern myself with. Everything else is fluid is somewhat fluid.
    This may or may not be biased, but I think that this has to do with society's expectations and what people generally need to get along in life. An inferior Te will need to be developed more than an inferior Ne. An ISJ or ESP could honestly life their entire life without using intuition extensively (emphasis on extensively, they will still have to use it in some ways) and do fine. I've noticed this especially in the ISJs, they can totally be out of touch with Ne and still be great human beings. An IFP out of touch with Te would be dysfunctional and would have a lot of problems in their life due to that.

Some people's inferiors get developed faster than other people's. I really have no idea why, it would be interesting if we could get an actual answer. This just may very well be her case. That could be me only explanation along with my above paragraph.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This may or may not be biased, but I think that this has to do with society's expectations and what people generally need to get along in life. An inferior Te will need to be developed more than an inferior Ne. An ISJ or ESP could honestly life their entire life without using intuition extensively (emphasis on extensively, they will still have to use it in some ways) and do fine. I've noticed this especially in the ISJs, they can totally be out of touch with Ne and still be great human beings. An IFP out of touch with Te would be dysfunctional and would have a lot of problems in their life due to that.

Some people's inferiors get developed faster than other people's. I really have no idea why, it would be interesting if we could get an actual answer. This just may very well be her case. That could be me only explanation along with my above paragraph.
    That pretty sound reasoning.

I'm a little curious now BlackCat. What function order would you identify with if you could select them? Is Te more developed than Si, or have you rounded them all off pretty well? (Edit: Oh just needed to look in your profile - Still is that what you agree with? xD)

What do you think of Ti as a function usage? You said that others always type you as an INTP because you sometimes appear to be rather 'thinking' orientated but that doesn't neccessary mean you are a T. We've had this conversation before but I never asked that question.

I suppose the only question that remains: Does Te usually work in a healthy manner for you, how prone are you to using it negatively? Then again... I can end up using Ti negatively but I'm pretty good with it as well. Not sure what sort of information this question gives exactly. Questioning whether development is from usage or whether it was healthy I suppose...

garbage

Whichever's more apparent. Some people are absolutely dominated by some function (for good or for bad); all that's left then is to figure out the other function.

In most cases, I use temperament (NT/NF/SP/SJ) first. Often, I'm satisfied with 'classifying' solely by temperament.