• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Now that I know my type, what can I do with it?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Pondering the implications of your type, IMO, accelerates personal growth.

For example, you're an ISFP, right?

This makes your inferior function Te. I wouldn't be surprised if you have often failed to live up to many of the contracts of the social structure, and justified it with your tertiary Ni by saying that it is all a shallow, dehumanizing lie. In reality though perhaps you regret missing the countless opportunities to succeed that you've missed.

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but MBTI tells us that this is a problem for ISFPs in general, and knowing this could help you recognize it in yourself.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

There it is.

To the OP/wolfy. You've posted some things regarding thinking alot, or something like you couln't stop thinking, a few weeks back. This could be maximized Te maturity.

That didn't really answer the question though.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
You can mess up your head with it. :)
And you can read up on other types and functions to be able to relate to those you don't really relate to right now.

You can play stereotype-type.
You can make small toy soldiers and play they each have a type and try to remake what you think another type might communicate. xD

You can play the game "I know my type, I look for spec. [xxxx] type, is that you?...".
You can... play doctor.
You can write poems about it, as well as essays, articles etc. And perhaps you might be able to breach new ground without even wishing it would be so, but you do.

You can... write a book and hit someone with it. To make them acknowledge you. Ummmmmmmm.

I can't think of much more that isn't already said. Honestly, there's loads of uses and all you need to do is find them. :)

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Maybe in your maturity of being ISFP, you've gained some ENTJ qualities. Could try to find out some qualities of a 20 year old ENTJ and exploit them first for a brief period. That will give you the hang of what one can do with preferences, then reflect back on your life as an ISFP and try to apply those 'other qualities'.

But that's still intuitive theoretical stuff coming out of the soup cooler of an intuitive. As of late i've taken tests again and one came up ENFJ.

Could try to fake it. Fake like you know what you can do with it. Kinda like going in reverse. Walk about as if you do know what to do with it. That's a tough question in that title.

'other qualities' as in the original qualities of ISFP.

Last edited:

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You can always take one of those quasi-MBTI quizzes on Facebook and then post the results to your page. At least that seems to be what my friends have been doing lately...now that they have all tired of "25 Random Things About Me."

Snow Turtle

One can seek knowledge as an end goal in itself.

True that!
Knowledge for fun is application.

Moving on... It's mostly personal development, and social interaction understanding. It's basic psychology.

You can act like you can read minds.

wolfy

awsm
The whole thing is really to broad. Surface level drilling, I'd like to drill a little deeper and find some real constraints, some real weaknesses and some real solid specific strengths.

Jaguar

The whole thing is really to broad. Surface level drilling, I'd like to drill a little deeper and find some real constraints, some real weaknesses and some real solid specific strengths.

I don't much care for surface level drilling either.
MBTI is a classic example of the Barnum effect.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What are the practical uses?

There are none.

Type is a personal development tool that can help you in a subjective way.

We consider practicality to be mean around here, anyway. :yes:

wolfy

awsm
People call it a personal development tool. What aspects should we develop? How can it be used to develop yourself?

I'm not ripping on this place or anyone, I just want to know.
Give me something I can sink my teeth into.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Well, how about taking a look at the so-called weaknesses of your type, seeing which ones seem to fit you and then coming up with ways you might work on those things. I don't know much about ISFPs, but I'm betting there are things listed on sites like personality pages and the like that you might find useful. You could also see what the supposed strengths are, see if those things fit, and then working on developing the things that do or think about ways to try out some of the things you may have overlooked (not known about yourself). Are you the person you want to be?

I realize this is very broad, but I think it's a decent place to start.

wolfy

awsm
We can have an awesome ISFP party.

Or you can click here.

Well, how about taking a look at the so-called weaknesses of your type, seeing which ones seem to fit you and then coming up with ways you might work on those things. I don't know much about ISFPs, but I'm betting there are things listed on sites like personality pages and the like that you might find useful. You could also see what the supposed strengths are, see if those things fit, and then working on developing the things that do. Are you the person you want to be?

I realize this is very broad, but I think it's a decent place to start.

Thanks, that personality page info has been very helpful. Working on developing the second function and information in books by Dario Nardi has also been useful.

I just wish there was more. Stuff like that is a bit thin on the ground.

juggernaut

Permabanned
^Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. I suppose it was a little presumptuous of me...

wolfy

awsm
^Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. I suppose it was a little presumptuous of me...

I didn't mean it that way. I was grateful for yours and all the replies.
I just want to see what I can squeeze out of the system.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well, I know it sounds silly, but I just wanted to know my type for the label. Yes, I know everyone is against labels, labels don't define you, you don't need one to fit in, blah blah blah. But I quite enjoy being an ISFP, even if that isn't my correct type.

wolfy

awsm
Well, I know it sounds silly, but I just wanted to know my type for the label. Yes, I know everyone is against labels, labels don't define you, you don't need one to fit in, blah blah blah. But I quite enjoy being an ISFP, even if that isn't my correct type.

Initially I wanted to know my type so I could understand myself better. At first I tested as INTP. Wow, I didn't know that about myself! I thought, then ISTP then ENTP always learning different interesting things about myself. It was great.

Then I realised I was ISFP and reading the stuff on ISFP I'm thinking 'I knew that' and 'tell me something I don't know about myself'

I want to learn something new. :yes:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are only two practice uses imo;
1. Greater awareness of perceived type weakness as seen by others that you may have otherwise been unable to recognise, and
2. Improved understanding of different preferences in others.

The first point on it's own is not enough for the system to be useful though, knowing yourself doesn't mean much unless you then act and change what isn't working, that doesn't seem to be the purpose of MBTI though so *shrug*

There’s a lot of reference to mature and immature types about the place but the system doesn’t focus on adding to anyone’s maturity, just knowledge so although it gives greater self awareness the main practical use I have is understanding others.