First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    What are the practical uses?
    There are none.

Type is a personal development tool that can help you in a subjective way.

We consider practicality to be mean around here, anyway.

People call it a personal development tool. What aspects should we develop? How can it be used to develop yourself?

I'm not ripping on this place or anyone, I just want to know.
    Give me something I can sink my teeth into.

your resident asshole

We can have an awesome ISFP party.

Or you can click here.

Banned

Well, how about taking a look at the so-called weaknesses of your type, seeing which ones seem to fit you and then coming up with ways you might work on those things. I don't know much about ISFPs, but I'm betting there are things listed on sites like personality pages and the like that you might find useful. You could also see what the supposed strengths are, see if those things fit, and then working on developing the things that do or think about ways to try out some of the things you may have overlooked (not known about yourself). Are you the person you want to be?

I realize this is very broad, but I think it's a decent place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    We can have an awesome ISFP party.

Or you can click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Well, how about taking a look at the so-called weaknesses of your type, seeing which ones seem to fit you and then coming up with ways you might work on those things. I don't know much about ISFPs, but I'm betting there are things listed on sites like personality pages and the like that you might find useful. You could also see what the supposed strengths are, see if those things fit, and then working on developing the things that do. Are you the person you want to be?

I realize this is very broad, but I think it's a decent place to start.
    Thanks, that personality page info has been very helpful. Working on developing the second function and information in books by Dario Nardi has also been useful.

I just wish there was more. Stuff like that is a bit thin on the ground.

Banned

^Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. I suppose it was a little presumptuous of me...

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    ^Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. I suppose it was a little presumptuous of me...
    I didn't mean it that way. I was grateful for yours and all the replies.
    I just want to see what I can squeeze out of the system.

your resident asshole

Well, I know it sounds silly, but I just wanted to know my type for the label. Yes, I know everyone is against labels, labels don't define you, you don't need one to fit in, blah blah blah. But I quite enjoy being an ISFP, even if that isn't my correct type.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Well, I know it sounds silly, but I just wanted to know my type for the label. Yes, I know everyone is against labels, labels don't define you, you don't need one to fit in, blah blah blah. But I quite enjoy being an ISFP, even if that isn't my correct type.
    Initially I wanted to know my type so I could understand myself better. At first I tested as INTP. Wow, I didn't know that about myself! I thought, then ISTP then ENTP always learning different interesting things about myself. It was great.

Then I realised I was ISFP and reading the stuff on ISFP I'm thinking 'I knew that' and 'tell me something I don't know about myself'

I want to learn something new.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

There are only two practice uses imo;
    1. Greater awareness of perceived type weakness as seen by others that you may have otherwise been unable to recognise, and
    2. Improved understanding of different preferences in others.

The first point on it's own is not enough for the system to be useful though, knowing yourself doesn't mean much unless you then act and change what isn't working, that doesn't seem to be the purpose of MBTI though so *shrug*

There’s a lot of reference to mature and immature types about the place but the system doesn’t focus on adding to anyone’s maturity, just knowledge so although it gives greater self awareness the main practical use I have is understanding others.