123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Default P v J Perspectives

So I was skimming through Lenore Thomson's book again, and found this little passage here:

From an Extraverted Perceiver's standpoint, freedom means the unfettered ability to respond to immediate experience - the absence of structure and expectation. For Judging types, however, it's the absence of rational structure that traps us, forcing us to respond to things as they happen, to forfeit plans and goals, to depend on the bounty of fate.
    I thought it illuminated a difference in views of Ps and Js.

SO YA N STUFF.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

i like it it seems very applicable to me. fits my exrtoverted P nicely

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

For Judging types, however, it's the absence of rational structure that traps us, forcing us to respond to things as they happen, to forfeit plans and goals, to depend on the bounty of fate.
    That fits me perfectly!
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yet another reason why people with an X in their P/J slot are just plain silly and don't see the ridiculousness of it. It's probably the most ridiculous place to have an X, not that all of them aren't ridiculous.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

I like the way socionics describes j/p

J's are guided by rationality (logic-T or ethics-F) and feel that it is most important. P's are guided by pure unfiltered irrational information (N or S) without strong rational direction and therefore take all things into consideration making them indecisive and often unstructured.

Tjs are guided by logic. The make sure everything is done correctly towards a goal and aim for success which can be measured objectively.
    Fjs are guided by ethics. They also want everything to be done correctly and towards a goal, but their definition of success is more subjective and often is focused on the unity of all people.
    Nps are guided by intuition. They are drawn towards thoughts, but have a lack of direction so they often just flow with their ideas only wanting understand things/people without any strong reason for it.
    Sps are guided by the senses. They are drawn towards everything around themselves and sensual pleasures. They are like the Nps in that they just "flow" with it, but they often have no concern for the consequences as they don't have the far sight of N or the strong guide of rationality.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Yep, structure sucks. Not everything can be planned.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yet another reason why people with an X in their P/J slot are just plain silly and don't see the ridiculousness of it. It's probably the most ridiculous place to have an X, not that all of them aren't ridiculous.
    You're just sad you're a clear cut INFP devoid of mystical complexity!

garbage

How does this support that claim? I can see some overlap in the definitions of "freedom" for J and P types, where an X would fit quite nicely.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think of the difference between P and J as the ability to see possibilities. When you're in P-land, you tend to focus on how a situation can be altered, and when you're in J-land, you tend to focus on the reality of the situation. I would bet that depression shifts people over into J-land (hence phenomena like depressive realism).

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

oh please. you're saying it like MBTI types were an universal truth about the human mind. it's not, it is an approximation at best. it leaves much to be deserved, which is probably why there aren't grounds for accepting it as a proper psychological practice with scientific merit.

if anything is ridiculous, it's man's attempt to assume that he knows everything. you have no merit to assume that MBTI is an universal truth, which makes your post dull, and makes you seem pretentious and ignorant.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    oh please. you're saying it like MBTI types were an universal truth about the human mind. it's not, it is an approximation at best. it leaves much to be deserved, which is probably why there aren't grounds for accepting it as a proper psychological practice with scientific merit.

if anything is ridiculous, it's man's attempt to assume that he knows everything. you have no merit to assume that MBTI is an universal truth, which makes your post dull, and makes you seem pretentious and ignorant.
    And yet I never said it was a universal truth...

It's ridiculous because it totally throws off the function order. That's mostly why it makes no sense to have an X there.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    How does this support that claim? I can see some overlap in the definitions of "freedom" for J and P types, where an X would fit quite nicely.
    This is one of the problems with MBTI, there isn't someone you can go to to confirm something as right or wrong, a lot of it comes from theory and discussion (our understanding). P and J seem pretty clear cut to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)