User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

  1. #21
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    didn't you understand what i was trying to explain to you?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  2. #22
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    I'm exactly like that linguist. I know I'm not a J because I can't relate to the INFJ functions... nor am I uncomfortable with leaving things open ended. So there. I'm fine with making things decided, while being able to change it at any time. I'm also borderline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    you didn't understand what i wrote?
    I felt no obligation to respond because that's not really how I felt about it at all... Totally misjudged me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #23
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm exactly like that linguist. I know I'm not a J because I can't relate to the INFJ functions... nor am I uncomfortable with leaving things open ended. So there. I'm fine with making things decided, while being able to change it at any time. I'm also borderline.



    I felt no obligation to respond because that's not really how I felt about it at all... Totally misjudged me.
    YAY, someone feels the same way! So you understand what I mean, then. Oh good, I was starting to think "Whoa. You're crazy. Or at least silly. Or at the very least - relatively odd."
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  4. #24
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    YAY, someone feels the same way! So you understand what I mean, then. Oh good, I was starting to think "Whoa. You're crazy. Or at least silly. Or at the very least - relatively odd."
    Yep I sure do. It's nice having a balance in my opinion.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Answer: Two reasons.

    A) I have always wanted to do it. I knew it. I did it. (Finalized - J)

    B) If it hadn't worked, I could have returned to the USA with little or no problems or concerns, and be right back where I started. Win-win situation (open - P).

    That's a huge-ass decision: moving to a new country. So yeah, I guess both.
    Interesting, interesting! I'm getting ready to make a similar move, in about 2.5 months. I think the difference between P and J here is:

    A) I have always wanted to do it. I knew it. I did it. (Finalized - J)

    B) There is no B. (Finalized - J)

  6. #26
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm exactly like that linguist. I know I'm not a J because I can't relate to the INFJ functions... nor am I uncomfortable with leaving things open ended. So there. I'm fine with making things decided, while being able to change it at any time. I'm also borderline.



    I felt no obligation to respond because that's not really how I felt about it at all... Totally misjudged me.
    eh, i don't think so. what you explain in the post above is exactly what you said before. i'm pretty sure that all you look at is the functions and their order.

    in my example i will use myself. i consider myself an ENXP. why? because i have a high Ti as well as a high Fi. those two functions do not go together under one type; rather, they are from different types. you say that because a function order does not exist in the MBTI, there cannot exist a person with that function order. i'm saying that you cannot prove that. incidentally, i just proved you wrong because i am between types. you are, however, reluctant to accept this because of some sort of blocking, presumably by a S function.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  7. #27
    Senior Member Azseroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    oh yes you did, you made it sound like it was, ah, ridiculous to even consider being something else than the MBTI archetypes.

    function orders aren't complete either; it may be very well that there are function orders which do not fit into any of the 16 archetypes. since the proof of claim rests of the plaintiff, i'd like to you to prove that there are only those function orders that the MBTI suggests.

    here's a hint: you can't, because proofs of this nature are empirical.
    I don't have any proof, but it makes sense to put the functions in the order they are. Not because of function strength, it's because of function use. Each type has a purpose for their function depending on what slot it holds.

    For example it is highly unlikely that a stressed out INTP will want to go to a social event. As such a thing is completely uncharacteristic of TiSi. I'm not claiming it is impossible, but you show me someone who claims to be INTP and wants to go to social event while their stressed out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    in my example i will use myself. i consider myself an ENXP. why? because i have a high Ti as well as a high Fi. those two functions do not go together under one type; rather, they are from different types. you say that because a function order does not exist in the MBTI, there cannot exist a person with that function order. i'm saying that you cannot prove that. incidentally, i just proved you wrong because i am between types. you are, however, reluctant to accept this because of some sort of blocking, presumably by a S function.
    again, it is function use, not function strength that determines function order.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

  8. #28
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    eh, i don't think so. what you explain in the post above is exactly what you said before. i'm pretty sure that all you look at is the functions and their order.

    in my example i will use myself. i consider myself an ENXP. why? because i have a high Ti as well as a high Fi. those two functions do not go together under one type; rather, they are from different types. you say that because a function order does not exist in the MBTI, there cannot exist a person with that function order. i'm saying that you cannot prove that. incidentally, i just proved you wrong because i am between types. you are, however, reluctant to accept this because of some sort of blocking, presumably by a S function.
    The thing is, it doesn't matter about the function strengths, just about their uses. I have a strong Te, but I am still an INFP. The order of the INFP makes sense to me, how each one fits in, etc. You're going to end up using Ti or Fi primarily. Functions can work together to imitate others, which may be why your Ti and Fi are so high.

    Apparently from the books I've read Ti and Fi are in the same sections of the brain, making them impossible to use at the same time. If you're an ENTP your Fi simulation may come from the values that make the most sense to you, and having them incorporated as a fact within you (Ti). ENTPs, when they get in touch with Fe, will have empathy, and may as a result gain some values as to how people should be treated etc (I'm no expert on ENTPs, but you get my point). A lot of the time Ti is grossly misunderstood, as well as Fi. You may want to look up some definitions. Here is a great definition of Ti on the forum. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post603900

    If I went by what you're going by to determine that you're an ENXP, I'd be an XXXX, simply because I'm borderline on all preferences. It really just doesn't work that way. On the tests you've taken I score 0-10% on everything. That doesn't make me an XXXX.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #29
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    I just see MBTI as reasoning for acting the way we do, but it isn't good for describing how someone perceives the world. Often they are strongly related, but they can be different. This is difference between socionics and MBTI imo.

    For example someone may act strongly T, and they would even type them self as T. But, they may see those who act strongly T in situations that require F as insulting or even disgusting even if they themselves didn't know how to handle the situation in an F way.

    I think we all agree that there are times for each dichotomy, but your mental processes effect how you view the world and to what extent you can go overboard with a dichotomy. How you behave may not always reflect that in an obvious way.
    I think of MBTI as useful for examining your own internal processes but it's very limited when it comes to understanding and predicting behaviour because there are so many other factors outside of MBTI that influence and override natural behaviour. That's why I tend tend to be very cautious when typing people because I know that behaving like a certain type is different from being that type.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  10. #30
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Interesting, interesting! I'm getting ready to make a similar move, in about 2.5 months. I think the difference between P and J here is:

    A) I have always wanted to do it. I knew it. I did it. (Finalized - J)

    B) There is no B. (Finalized - J)
    Really? Awesome! Kudos to you!

    Hey, wow, cool - that was straight to the point and made sense.

    Damn, I love you ENTJs...(wait, you are an ENTJ, right - have to go and check)

    Oh good, you are...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] I'm living life from a third person perspective
    By Fuent in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
  2. Perspectives of others verse self
    By GZA in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
  3. Biological & Evolutionary Perspectives on Personality
    By Totenkindly in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO