• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Racism and MBTI

Mole

Permabanned
Racism is judging an individual on the basis of their race.

While MBTI judges an individual on the basis of their type.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Type says more about a person than race, but I see what you're saying.

I think it is possible to paradoxically "hate" one type but not actually be racist towards that type in real life.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have some negative thoughts about SJs, for instance, but I never actually think about that when interacting with them, and some of them I like and some of them I don't.

The mind tends to think in terms of generalities when it is removed from a situation, so yes, it is possible for a non-racist person to have racist thoughts, and a non "typist" person to have "typist" thoughts. What makes a real racist is when those thoughts are acted upon in real life.

That's one thing a lot of people take to seriously. They think that any racist or typist thought they have is immoral and needs to be fixed. Better to just not take the thought seriously, or even joke about it. This is why so many stand up comedians can make racist jokes and not appear racist to anyone. We all know that they aren't taking these thoughts seriously.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Well, so is race, but it is all in how people use it.

Right. But these tools do not judge. People judge. So Victor is really saying he has a problem with idiotic people. And who doesn't?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Racism is judging an individual on the basis of their race.

While MBTI judges an individual on the basis of their type.

I do not agree with this definition. For there to be racism, there needs to also be a belief that one race is better than another.

MBTI may be "judging" the individual in the sense that it gives you a certain four letters for the preferences that you are closest to, but MBTI in itself does not suggest that one type is better than another.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
African American is the supreme race.

They make the greatest gangsters and radical rebels in the hood.

Their Antisocial philosophy is one for change and transformation.

Black people break all the rules and then redesign the system in accordance with their own constructs.

That is the way of the genius and the most intelligent people in the world.

:cop: :spam_laser:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
African American is the supreme race.

They make the greatest gangsters and radical rebels in the hood.

Their Antisocial philosophy is one for change and transformation.

Black people break all the rules and then redesign the system in accordance with their own constructs.

That is the way of the genius and the most intelligent people in the world.

:cop: :spam_laser:

Now if only they would pull their pants up.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] - you are the king, nay the god, of necroing. I salute you. Consider me a convert.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] - you are the king, nay the god, of necroing. I salute you. Consider me a convert.

The Creator creates so his creations can enjoy the wonderful splendors of this amazing world! (And tortures those at the human level of evolution and phase of development!)

By the way, here is a neat little thread, if you haven't seen it, on the role of God in this world, from a philosophical perspective:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/philosophy-spirituality/59895-what-your-philosophy-god.html

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
The Creator creates so his creations can enjoy the wonderful splendors of this amazing world! (And tortures those at the human level of evolution and phase of development!)

By the way, here is a neat little thread, if you haven't seen it, on the role of God in this world, from a philosophical perspective:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/philosophy-spirituality/59895-what-your-philosophy-god.html

Steady old boy, I said the god of necroing, not God with a capital G, Christian style. More Mount Olympus style. Welcome to the club.:D