• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

inp's and isp's how do you experience Ne Si and Se Ni could there be confusion?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey all,

pretty much what's in the title :smile:
curious how inp's and isp's experience there Ne Si and Se Ni
and if there could be confusion if so how?. Anyone can answer these really but preferably those who are confirmed type (of any type but ISP/INP would be great too :hug:)

also ISFP's and ISTP's what's the difference between the two types?
I've heard the chart the course and behind the scenes interaction style.

Sidenote: babble babble ^^P reading optional.
I find i'm balanced on this enough to not seem like i'm getting impatient with someone etc. I agree with being task oriented (fairly balanced) over people oriented on my part as an ISFP who also feels her Ti is not devilish at all rather actually started developing when i was 12-ongoing to work in tandem with my Fi. Sometimes wonder if it kinda a supporting process flavor in an introverted since (cause it's introverted like Fi). it could be my Te but I read Ti descriptions and it seems to be what i've been harnessing.

well anywho just thought i'd start another thread ;).
Thanks to all for any help :hug:.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Se/Ni is like an arrow. Ne/Si is like a club.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se/Ni is like an arrow. Ne/Si is like a club.

could you add more to it please :blush:
when you say Se/Ni is like an arrow do you mean
Ni through Se gives it an arrow straight through the senses for
interpretation of what's going on right in front of them? (little confused)

don't really grasp the Ne/Si is like a club..(tries to think it through to no result ;) sorry heh.

thank you colors :hug:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, there could be confusion.

In fact...there is.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I experience Ne as a desire to be random, uninhibited, bizarre, esoteric, and outright crazy.

I experience Si as reviewing the past and figuring out what will be from what was and has always been.

When they mix, there seems to be resentment because I haven't ever really been able to fully unleash my Ne around most people, and that's affected my judgment of people as a whole. I see myself as having something to hide, and I see others as staunch and close-minded.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ahhh thank you jeffster and zago for the Ne Si breakdown makes sense :hi:.

could some one present like zago did for ISP and Se Ni? that would be greatly appreciated.
if any others want to add there experience of Ne Si i'd love to hear other perspectives too :hug:

Thanks again jeffster and zago :newwink:.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm wondering is anyone interested in posting how Ne Si (for INP's) and Se Ni (for ISP's) can look alike like Ne which really is just Ni through Se same goes for Se, could be what looks like Se be Ne Si?

Because Ne would be extroverted but there would be a use of Si through Ne so could it appear like Se?

To better phrase cause Se is extroverted and Ni is introverted could what's being demonstrated appear to be Ne.

*Ni interpreting internally but it's through Se but cause of this may have similarity on the surface?*

Hopefully i'm not confusing anyone I just want to understand the difference and actually pinpointing where they can appear similar to avoid confusion.
I'm thinking this will also prove helpful to others about there type.

I would love some actual examples to demonstrate this difference. Thank you so much guys :hug:.

hehe is this better jeffster? :newwink:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm wondering is anyone interested in posting how Ne Si (for INP's) and Se Ni (for ISP's) can look alike like what i hear alot on this forum is sometimes Ne really is just Ni through Se so it looks like Ne and same goes for Se, could be what looks like Se be Ne Si? because Ne would be extroverted but there would be a use of Si through Ne so could it appear like Se?

Is this all one sentence? If so, I believe it has caused the universe to collapse on itself.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
corrected thanks jeffster :hi:.

now how about my previous newly rewritten post with the ne si and se ni question? :hug::hug::hug: :newwink: ^^P thanks.

wolfy

awsm
I'm wondering is anyone interested in posting how Ne Si (for INP's) and Se Ni (for ISP's) can look alike like Ne which really is just Ni through Se same goes for Se, could be what looks like Se be Ne Si?

Because Ne would be extroverted but there would be a use of Si through Ne so could it appear like Se?

To better phrase cause Se is extroverted and Ni is introverted could what's being demonstrated appear to be Ne.

*Ni interpreting internally but it's through Se but cause of this may have similarity on the surface?*

Hopefully i'm not confusing anyone I just want to understand the difference and actually pinpointing where they can appear similar to avoid confusion.
I'm thinking this will also prove helpful to others about there type.

Nobody knows for sure.
The best thing to do is decide for yourself. (make it up)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nobody knows for sure.
The best thing to do is decide for yourself. (make it up)

Wolfy makes a great point.

Personally, I'm an ISFP who doesn't use Ni at all.

In fact, if I ever saw Ni, I think I would punch it in the face.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wolfy makes a great point.

Personally, I'm an ISFP who doesn't use Ni at all.

In fact, if I ever saw Ni, I think I would punch it in the face.

Thanks guys I maybe try to analyze this too much.
I appreciate it jeff and wolfy.

I'll try to wolfy but i think isfp as whole is easier to understand i guess.
Maybe me trying to break it down like this makes it confusing?
I can generally understand ISFP i think i should learn that's good enough ;).

Really you don't see Ni in you? that's interesting.
I can alittle in how I need to use it more xDD that's it really.
In the sense of letting an idea or plan sink in first before i rush ahead that's the only way i can apply how i don't use Ni.
:hug: Thanks again guys jeffster and wolfy for your patience.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
It is not easy to know how the functions work within oneself unless one is very familiar with theory and objective enough to analyze oneself. I personally know little of how Ne and Si work together in me. I would say that I experience Ne as pattern-seeking and Si likes to tie new patterns to previous experiences.

This quote found on INFJorINFP may be an example of Ne-Si:

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS." ~Mahatma Gandhi

The owner of the website postulates that this is an example of Ne looking to Si in order to create the future.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
also ISFP's and ISTP's what's the difference between the two types?
I've heard the chart the course and behind the scenes interaction style.

Okay, I know this isn't the main point of your post, but it was in the middle of it, so I think I'll voice my opinion on it. I think that ISTPs generally don't have feelings that are as strong as an ISFPs'. I've noticed that some Fs tend to get confused as Ts because they value logic.

wolfy

awsm
There is a quote here about Se with Ni.

I do see that in me. But when it gets to that level it's an individual thing. There are lots of theories around. At the end of the day just pick one that works for you.

I like the work by Nardi and Berens I quoted. The reason I like it is I can relate to it and I can squeeze some practical use out of it.

Is it true? That's anybody's guess.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I know this isn't the main point of your post, but it was in the middle of it, so I think I'll voice my opinion on it. I think that ISTPs generally don't have feelings that are as strong as an ISFPs'. I've noticed that some Fs tend to get confused as Ts because they value logic.

good point about t vs f like just cause of being f you can't have logic I say yeah i can ;).
thank you disneygeek :hug:.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a quote here about Se with Ni.

I do see that in me. But when it gets to that level it's an individual thing. There are lots of theories around. At the end of the day just pick one that works for you. good point. with the link you sent ISFP is looking golden still and works with me.

I like the work by Nardi and Berens I quoted. The reason I like it is I can relate to it and I can squeeze some practical use out of it. thank you very insightful quote by them. They appear to be the real deal/practical.

Is it true? That's anybody's guess.

ahh thank you that is a great link wolfy

with Se Ni i definitely can see that I loved and love to keep on the news or latest thing even just hearing about it on the web/through friends/newspaper etc it gives me satisfaction also i feel more connected. Even though i'm shy I also do like to try to get out there so i'm not shy per say just reserved/introverted.

I will watch from the sidelines say like a dancefloor and I just have this pull towards the dancing/to participate. I just find myself after waiting finally not holding back anymore and shooting for it or a new water ride/activity/hobbie/subject.

I follow that pull towards movement it could even be a strong need to tap to a song or do a little jig I just need to release that energy no matter who's looking :newwink: can appear quirky cause of this but it's always fun :blush:.

for example I was in a car with a friend of mine and a song was on and I just felt this need to dance alittle and hum along I could not sit still so I just released that need for a few seconds and i said "hey the urge was there I needed to let it out" *before i even knew what mbti was/she agreed and knodded/very possible ESFP i'm referring to*:D "even if we are in the middle of traffic" :headphne:.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
As a rough guess I would say the Ne+Si finds meaning from the past and Se+Ni finds patterns in the present.