User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Big Five

deleted

Have you guys seen the Big 6? Waaay more informative...

Remind me again why Big 5 was accepted in the academic world but MBTI and other various personality theories weren't?

Otherwise mines roughly correlate with ISFJ. They do correlate with me
    Low openess, Low extraversion, High agreeableness, Mid Neuroticism

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My Big 5 changes a lot, way more than my MBTI. My Big 5 is the exact opposite of 3 years ago, but my MBTI-score has just slightly changed (ENTP>INTP> INFP>ENFP, the NP-part stays the same).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    First of all the two tests are measuring different things. I/E for Big 5 is not the exactly the same as I/E in MBTI. The rest of them are different too.

There's a moderate correlation between Big 5 and MBTI types but that's moderate... r = 0.3-0.4? Can't recall. Which means you can't expect the two to be the same. It only make sense since they're measuring different things.

And looking at your numbers, they do fit INTP... and definitely not SJ

Openness 59 - average leaning towards high
    Conscientiousness 17 - rather low, Conscientiousness is correlated with J... low score => P
    Extroversion 3 - extremely low, corresponds to I
    Agreeableness 22 - low, slightly associated with F... low score => T
    Neuroticism 18 - low, emotionally stable, again neuroticism is slightly associated with F (emotionality)... lower score => T

I don't see how that doesn't fit with INTP.
    I had suggested Agreeableness corresponded more directly to the Interaction Styles factor of Directing/Informing, and Conscientiousness matched Keirsey's Cooperative/Pragmatic. For Sensors, it does match that A=T/F, and C-J/P. But for iNtuitors, it is reverse. (A=J/P; C=T/F). Hence the loose statistical figures.

On the SLOAN version (Global 5) they come right out and match the factors:
    I/E=R/S (Reserved/Social=Extroversion)
    S/N=N/I (Non-curious/Inquisitive=Openness)
    T/F=E/A (Egocentric/Accomodating=Agreeableness)
    J/P=O/U (Ordered/Unstructured/=Conscientiousness)

INTP is therefore RxUEI. Then, each type is Calm or Limbic.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP

Openness to Experience/Intellect

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
    You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 84)

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
    You are well-organized, and are reliable. (Your percentile: 69) This is a bit high...

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
    You are relatively social and enjoy the company of others. (Your percentile: 74)

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
    You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 22) I am more middle of the road than this...

Neuroticism

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
    You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 4)

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Openness to Experience/Intellect
    High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
    You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 80)

Conscientiousness
    High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
    You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Your percentile: 25)

Extraversion
    High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
    You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 9)

Agreeableness
    High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
    You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 6)

Neuroticism
    High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
    You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things. (Your percentile: 90)
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Remind me again why Big 5 was accepted in the academic world but MBTI and other various personality theories weren't?
    Exactly. Plus my Big 5 test makes me look more like an ISTP. =/

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Big 5 can be validated. The existence of all 5 trait axes has been derived (for the lack of better wording) through the lexicon approach and factor analysis. MBTI is based purely on Jungian theories, which cannot be falsified. There has been no evidence demonstrating the natural existence for MBTI types. All meyer and briggs did was demonstrate test-retest reliability. Just because a test constantly give you the same result does not mean the result is correct.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    Have you guys seen the Big 6? Waaay more informative...
    Lol. Witty.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Nightning: The first time I tested my MBTI, which was 1 year ago and found that I was INTP, I saw that I was almost perfectly in line with the description. My big five scores make me look like a douchebag.