• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A few thoughts about past and present experiences from MBTI forums

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is basically a rant thread for all of you who are tired of being stereotyped by others, getting told what you are and what you aren't because of four stupid letters that aren't even very accurate.
I hope this will serve as a kick in the ass for some of you out there.

If I would decide on what type I was, I would be without conforming to MBTI:

Ambiverted Hyper-iNtuitive T/F-balanced J/P-balanced.

Seriously, there are no descriptions that fit me. Bits and pieces here and there. But it is like it is all so extreme, and aimed towards immature, shallow and one-sided people. I for one have a ton of different faces, and I am good at many things which are not limited to my "type".

It is kind of funny how people change their attitude towards me, depending on what type I say that I am. Below follows a little list of things what I have noticed, during the periods that I claimed to be of a certain type.

INTP
Nobody really took what I said seriously. Ever.
"Being" an INTP lowered my self-esteem a little at the time, since people would either deny I was one, or rant on how worthless INTPs are.

ENFP
If I weren't being taken seriously before, I sure wasn't now.
Good Lord, I wasn't even a Thinker anymore!!! :shock:
Feelers must all be illogical and horrible in all sorts of ways...
They should not be listened to!!! Or... At least that was what people seemed to think about (male) ENFPs.

ENFJ
Probably the best type i've ever had. People seemed to like me without me putting up any effort at all, basically. There were comments on my inferior logical skills and whatnot, though. Kind of ridiculous.

ESTP
Lord almighty. Being a SENSOR :shock:
All those E TP traits that are considered so damn valuable among troll and fool alike were suddenly rendered useless. In the eyes of one and all, I became some kind of drunken, stupid, illiterate and uncultured savage. I sure hated being an ESTP.

ENTJ
I have kept this dear type for a long time now.
Being an ENTJ does kind of resemble the state of being made into an island.
There are cool people out there who looks beyond type, and what functions that makes me naturally good at whatever...
Being an ENTJ is kind of like being some kind of werewolf. People respect the ENTJ out of fear. People dislike ENTJs though, and it's slowly making me into a cynic. Also, some people who claim to be INTJs and INTPs in particular tries to slander everything ENTJ, really paint it black. Sure, some ENTPs and other chime in at times, but it's more often with a tone of sarcasm or amusement.
I am not saying bad things here about all INTJs and INTPs, it's just that quite a few members hanging out on this particular forum, who happens to be typed as INTPs and INTJs, are incurable trolls. These people probably identifies anti-social, destructive and immature behavior with being intelligent, and in extension being INTJ/INTP. Well, screw you.
I know a few real INTPs and INTJs, a couple of them members of MENSA, and they are not like you. They know far more, they can usually converse well even if they might have a tendency towards being quiet, and they do not pretend like they're emotionally dead just to be cool. Nor do they behave like snotty little brats who needs to get real.
Really, some of you should really go see a whole staff of psychotherapists, councilors, psychologists and doctors. I promise, it is in your own interest.
Some day, someone might become so bloody sick of you that they actually kill you slowly by roasting your scrawny asses over a fire. :hug:

PigOverFire.jpg

Just to end this in a good fashion:
[YOUTUBE="iJKi1Nd1dhw"]Antonio Vivaldi - Flute Concerto in G minor 'La Notte'[/YOUTUBE]

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I must admit i have stereotyped NT's .. You are all different. That's OK and i promise i will not do it again. Some of you are super nice people. Some of you scare me. :cry:.

I do understand though, i can also tick a few boxes. I don't want to be labeled something though. I want to be different (and awkward) :)

What's with the flute ..

How about this one instead ;)

YouTube - guitar

(Fooking rock on .. Wooo Hoooo)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is basically a rant thread for all of you who are tired of being stereotyped by others, getting told what you are and what you aren't because of four stupid letters that aren't even very accurate.

Seriously, there are no descriptions that fit me. Bits and pieces here and there. But it is like it is all so extreme, and aimed towards immature, shallow and one-sided people. I for one have a ton of different faces, and I am good at many things which are not limited to my "type".

It is kind of funny how people change their attitude towards me, depending on what type I say that I am. Below follows a little list of things what I have noticed, during the periods that I claimed to be of a certain type.

INTP
Nobody really took what I said seriously. Ever.
"Being" an INTP lowered my self-esteem a little at the time, since people would either deny I was one, or rant on how worthless INTPs are.

ENFP
If I weren't being taken seriously before, I sure wasn't now.
Good Lord, I wasn't even a Thinker anymore!!! :shock:
Feelers must all be illogical and horrible in all sorts of ways...
They should not be listened to!!! Or... At least that was what people seemed to think about (male) ENFPs.

ENFJ
Probably the best type i've ever had. People seemed to like me without me putting up any effort at all, basically. There were comments on my inferior logical skills and whatnot, though. Kind of ridiculous.

ESTP
Lord almighty. Being a SENSOR :shock:
All those E TP traits that are considered so damn valuable among troll and fool alike were suddenly rendered useless. In the eyes of one and all, I became some kind of drunken, stupid, illiterate and uncultured savage. I sure hated being an ESTP.

ENTJ
I have kept this dear type for a long time now.
Being an ENTJ does kind of resemble the state of being made into an island.
There are cool people out there who looks beyond type, and what functions that makes me naturally good at whatever...
Being an ENTJ is kind of like being some kind of werewolf. People respect the ENTJ out of fear. People dislike ENTJs though, and it's slowly making me into a cynic. Also, some people who claim to be INTJs and INTPs in particular tries to slander everything ENTJ, really paint it black. Sure, some ENTPs and other chime in at times, but it's more often with a tone of sarcasm or amusement.
I am not saying bad things here about all INTJs and INTPs, it's just that quite a few members hanging out on this particular forum, who happens to be typed as INTPs and INTJs, are incurable trolls. These people probably identifies anti-social, destructive and immature behavior with being intelligent, and in extension being INTJ/INTP. Well, screw you.
I know a few real INTPs and INTJs, a couple of them members of MENSA, and they are not like you. They know far more, they can usually converse well even if they might have a tendency towards being quiet, and they do not pretend like they're emotionally dead just to be cool. Nor do they behave like snotty little brats who needs to get real.
Really, some of you should really go see a whole staff of psychotherapists, councilors, psychologists and doctors. I promise, it is in your own interest.
Some day, someone might become so bloody sick of you that they actually kill you slowly by roasting your scrawny asses over a fire. :hug:

PigOverFire.jpg

Just to end this in a good fashion:
[YOUTUBE="iJKi1Nd1dhw"]Antonio Vivaldi - Flute Concerto in G minor 'La Notte'[/YOUTUBE]

:hug:

I must admit i have stereotyped NT's .. You are all different. That's OK and i promise i will not do it again. Some of you are super nice people. Some of you scare me. :cry:.

I do understand though, i can also tick a few boxes. I don't want to be labeled something though. I want to be different (and awkward) :)

What's with the flute ..

YouTube - guitar

:hug:

G

garbage

This is pretty much exactly how I view myself as well. although i think we've talked about this before

In MBTI terms, I'm personally of the mind that maturity comes as we become tuned into all of the cognitive functions and also have the wisdom to know when to exercise each of them. We become balanced, flexible, adaptable, and able to tackle many different situations on our own. We don't seek out a partner because we need one to make us complete individuals as type-matching theory tells us; we simply seek one to make the life experience richer and more fulfilling.

So, embrace it!

:rofl1:

Jaguar

If someone tried to sterotype me, I'd just tell them to F.O.
:D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

:)

As I always say, take MBTI with a grain of salt and know that it only provides general guidelines (at best.)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I find that the INFP profile seems to fit me reasonably well. But the stereotypes it generates are a pain in the ass. I'm NOT a wilting daisy or too sensitive, socially retarded, spineless, etc.
Getting tired of all that. yes...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that the INFP profile seems to fit me reasonably well. But the stereotypes it generates are a pain in the ass. I'm NOT a wilting daisy or too sensitive, socially retarded, spineless, etc.
Getting tired of all that. yes...

It's sometimes interesting to see an argument between an INFP and an NTJ. Occasionally (not everytime!), I'll see the INFP take extreme care in keeping things as objective as possible, knowing that's the only way to really gain points with an NT.

In turn, the NT takes the logically based INFP argument personally, adding value to it that wasn't intended and then attacking the INFP's inability to stick to the facts.

Of course, just as often if not more so INFPs make up for that by taking NT fact based arguments personally.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I've been conducting my own experimental study much alike of yours. I'm not really an INFJ.

I'll write a final report of my observations some time.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What's with the flute ..

YouTube - guitar

Oh, it's okay. :) Everyone is pretty unique, I hope.

As for the flute, I kind of love my classical music to be classical ;)
But FunTwo is actually a favorite of mine. Especially his take on the Four seasons by Vivaldi.

This is pretty much exactly how I view myself as well. although i think we've talked about this before

In MBTI terms, I'm personally of the mind that maturity comes as we become tuned into all of the cognitive functions and also have the wisdom to know when to exercise each of them. We become balanced, flexible, adaptable, and able to tackle many different situations on our own. We don't seek out a partner because we need one to make us complete individuals as type-matching theory tells us; we simply seek one to make the life experience richer and more fulfilling.

So, embrace it!

Yes, this is what I believe as well. And yes, we did talk about it briefly :)

I've been conducting my own experimental study much alike of yours. I'm not really an INFJ.

I will be interested to see it. Don't rush it, though. Take your time to do it as properly as possible. :jew:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ENTPs loved me.

End of report. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

If you really don't want negative stereotypes and generalizations to affect you so much on MBTI forums, just don't list a type. Right? Problem solved.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you really don't want negative stereotypes and generalizations to affect you so much on MBTI forums, just don't list a type. Right? Problem solved.

.................................................................................:azdaja:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some day, someone might become so bloody sick of you that they actually kill you slowly by roasting your scrawny asses over a fire.

This is one of the most overly-critical posts I have seen in a while.

(How very ENTJ of you....)

:newwink:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is one of the most overly-critical posts I have seen in a while.

(How very ENTJ of you....)

:newwink:

Dude, that was the light version :D If I would have expressed myself the way my mind was thinking, I would probably have a red name and a custom user title that said "BANNED" :smile:

Good thing I have a little self-restraint.