User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've never been anything other than an INFJ. I'm fairly comfortable with that stereotype most of the time, except when people decide to view the NF temperament as a whole and end up accusing me of things I don't do just because INFPs, ENFJs, or ENFPs do them.

I'd never really be willing to change my type. The closest I ever got was removing it from my profile. I've invested quite a bit of thought, argument, and several ideas about myself into this type. At this point, if I somehow become 100% convinced I wasn't an INFJ, I'd probably find it easier to leave the forum than admit to everyone that I'd been building on the wrong idea of myself for the past 3 years. :blushing: I mean, I've literally developed and defended prejudices about other types relative to my perception of my own, made friends and enemies of people based on their type, pushed people out of and into my own type because of traits they possessed that I related to or didn't relate to, so... let's just say it would be a little messy for me.

Luckily, I have thousands of excellent, eloquently worded rationalizations at my disposal to defend against any possible argument someone might make against my type, due to the theoretical, subjective, and rule-based nature of this system, so that's not likely to happen anytime soon!

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ...well that explains everything!

MBTI
    fool

That's one of the downsides of MBTI. As helpful tool as it is and as much utility as it has, people like clarity and organising/scheming things, no matter how hard you'll try keep the bias from your consciousness it's actually one of the things we're good at. It's an interesting phenomena psychologically, mind readily shifts focus when you can associate those four letters and understand the object within that context. You'll reinforce yourself of their behaviour and search for cues and patterns that reinforce it some more. The fact the person remains the same is irrelevant - the perception is everything. Even if I wasn't an INFJ, I'd still be the same person fundamentally. And someone might've thought, pfft, then I surely as hell wouldn't want to talk to her anymore, just because the context in which to view me in has changed.

There may be a number of mistyped people out there, and those are the scenarios where this might stand out the most. We may not give them the benefit of doubt - we automically categorize.

EDIT: And may it have also effect on the individual's level on how they behave in order to reinforce their own sense of their type? (+stereotypes) / associate themselves to their own type and adjust more to fit their "roles" as whatever / ideasation of the positive traits / etc. /

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    There may be a number of mistyped people out there, and those are the scenarios where this might stand out the most. We may not give them the benefit of doubt - we automically categorize.
    Not only that.
    The types are way too narrow and assume way too much.
    For example: the Extroversion and Introversion options are way tight. There should be at least 3-4 letters on that one alone!

90-100% I? Can't be healthy, can it?
    -11 to 89% I? Introversion
    -10 to +10%? Ambiversion
    +11 to 89% E? Extroversion
    90-100% E? Unhealthy/annoying extroversion that makes you want to stick a bloody towel in their mouth. Gotta be some sort of disorder.

This would probably not be applicable to the N/S and T/F scales.

Another thing that has been bothering me is that you must have a certain order preference on your various cognitive functions and so on. That's ridiculous! I for one is an Ni dominant by a long shot(skyrocketing), followed by Ne... Then there's a huge gap. Si sucks for me. It's hardly developed. The rest of the functions are fairly even, differing almost nothing in the upper to medium range of "Good use".
    But that is just the tests making me decide where it isn't really possible. My Fe and Te are even, but they are way better developed than "Good use".

But then again, my brain isn't really normal. I don't know if I have any other anomalies, but I have synesthesia. It's basically a neurological condition that makes me see and feel colors when I hear something. Until a couple of months ago, I thought everyone did this. It's the result of my auditory center and visual center are linked somehow. So, my brain is strangely wired. Doesn't bring any disadvantages, and isn't classified as some kind of mental illness or handicap. Quite the other way around, I have an excellent auditory memory because I associate what I hear with colors, instead of "just" hearing the tune. Oh, that was a tiny little derail right there...

In any case... Someone should seriously look over the "types" and make them into even more subgroups.

Me and Kangirl actually discussed something on ventrilo a while ago...
    I had a few thoughts on ENTJs, and I guess this is true for most types.

I think that there are basically four types of ENTJs, or rather "delivery styles" that ENTJs tend to use.

- The ESTJ-like ENTJ... Prime suspect: FDG?
    Probably type 8 enneagram, driven, energetic, scientific. Probably going to be hugely successful.

- The ESTP-like ENTJ... Prime suspect: Babylon Candle?
    The show host. Wins everyone with charm, or pisses people off.

- The ENFJ-like ENTJ... Prime suspect: Me? Rangler?
    The ENTJs who try to use Fe wherever possible. Looks less extroverted and less T-like than other ENTJs.

- The ENTP-like ENTJ... Prime suspect: Bougal? Kangirl?
    These ones are argumentative, for sure. Beware!

Note that none of these classifications are meant as "YOU ARE NOT AN NT!!!!" or something like that. This is no insult, just an observation on how they/we react and act with people. Since there aren't many ENTJs on here, you do probably understand that my material for my unconscious study is pretty limited. I have included some IRL ENTJs in my pondering, though... Even if they are like three, they make a difference. One is definitely ENTP-delivery and the other two are ESTJ-delivery. Not that it's important, now i'm just rambling.

This ended abruptly... I have nothing more to say!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    In any case... Someone should seriously look over the "types" and make them into even more subgroups.

Me and Kangirl actually discussed something on ventrilo a while ago...
    I had a few thoughts on ENTJs, and I guess this is true for most types.

I think that there are basically four types of ENTJs, or rather "delivery styles" that ENTJs tend to use.

Probably type 8 enneagram, driven, energetic, scientific. Probably going to be hugely successful.

- The ESTP-like ENTJ... Prime suspect: Babylon Candle?

The ENTJs who try to use Fe wherever possible. Looks less extroverted and less T-like than other ENTJs.

Reminds me of this.

This kind of categorization is a nice way to explain one odd thing about me that doesn't fit the normal pattern... my occasional nerd rages against people who can't spell, make unqualified assertions, and are flippant/arrogant. I try to be nice instead of unleashing on them, but... I fail sometimes.

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    This kind of categorization is a nice way to explain one odd thing about me that doesn't fit the normal pattern... my occasional nerd rages against people who can't spell, make unqualified assertions, and are flippant/arrogant. I try to be nice instead of unleashing on them, but... I fail sometimes.
    I think your diagnosis would be : You're Human

- The ESTPINTJ-like ENTJ... Prime suspect: Babylon Candle?

Fixed. your type has nothing to do with estps.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    I think your diagnosis would be : You're Human
    Oh, human, not NT? Good, that's what I wanted to hear. Everytime I slip into that kind of frustrated, analytical behavior and look back at it, I cringe and worry someone's going to accuse me of being an NT again. But thankfully, I think everyone who had an interest in doing that has given up by now.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Fixed. your type has nothing to do with estps.
    Well, I disagree strongly with this. Just look at Jim Carey(famous ENTJ) for example. I, personally, also has a tendency when among friends to exhibit my own caricature of ESTP-being-funny-behavior, but this is not how I normally function. There are those ENTJs who walk around getting shit done, becoming famous or, whatever it is they are doing, by being funny, action-oriented etc.
    These ENTJs also tend to have a thin veil of laid back about them.

I might add that dispite ENTJs and INTJs are close, letter-wise, they are not very much alike at all. If it is something that the ENTJs are famous/infamous for, it is that we are utilitarian. Why on earth would an ENTJ adopt an introverted way of coping socially, when there are more effective ways of cruising the social waters? INTJs aren't exactly famous for their way with people, stereotypically, whereas the type tendencies described are.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    INTP

ENFP

ENFJ

ESTP

ENTJ
    Did you notice any changes in your posting habits when you took on these different types?