• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

list of functions in order of awesomeness

wolfy

awsm
My personal list of awesome functions

Fi/Ti
Se
Ni
Te/Fe
Si
Ne

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti: I don't like this function because it takes all the wonder out of life's mysteries. It's the function of the scientific method, which often gets on my nerves.

Don't you think that's more Te? Te is the one that insists on objectively verifiable accuracy for measurable goals--Ti just enjoys problem-solving and doesn't really care if anything externally useful comes from it.

And I have seen the word "scientist" associated with INTJ (a Te user) a lot more than INTP (a Ti user.)

staytuned7

Hmmmm....this is a toughy.....

1.Ni: I love, love, love this about the way my mind works. To me, it's the most fun. I can be spontaneous with what I intuit (like coming up with a random scenario that will probably never happen), but most of the fun is exploring this random scenario to it's "end" (or something like an end). I love the introspection and insight that comes from Ni. It's super duper great! :D

2. Fe: The connections with people, the warmth, the understanding, the ooey-gooeyness of being with others and just feeling them....it's great! This is the part of me that often confuses my introvert. She likes alone time, but the feelings of people are simply lovely (even the sad feelings). It's what makes life...life!

3. Te: I love, love, love to plan and calculate. I derive a lot of joy out of this....secret joy....joy I only tell my closest friends about. I love crunching numbers in my head...like on road trips, for example: the distance I'm going, how long it'll take me, what is the maximally efficient route, how much gas would I be expending, what would that cost, how much gas do I have still in my tank since the last fill-up, how many stops do you think we'll make and how will that affect the time?, etc. etc. Then you throw Ni into the equation and all sorts of good stuff comes out.

4. Ti: I like the processing and puzzle-figuring-outing. It's nice to take a situation, churn it around in my mind and objectively break it down every once in a while.

5. Fi: My feelings are cool. They're important. They're great to reflect on (use that Ni on them) and that inward look at feelings in general is very useful. Personal ideals are good to reflect on, too. I like Fi, but do prefer Fe overall.

6. Ne: Possibilities are fun to come up with...the sporadic aspect is amusing. In others, it's downright hilarious. Ne is useful in the T sense, but I don't really see how great it is in the F world. Ne is a lot like Ni, to me, without the structure. I guess that's why it's so far down on my list. Ni gives me curiosity, "aha!" moments and a constant look at what's possible, just in a less crazy form. I thoroughly enjoy Ne in others, but if I were to manifest it, it would drive me crazy. :D

7. Se: This is grounding and fun at times. I feel like I'm flying around in my mind most of the time and it's nice to come down and have some real life fun (fun that exists outside of my head). However, I rarely end up feeling fulfilled with Se. It's like "oh man, I had a really good time, but something's just missing."

8. Si: I don't particularly understand Si. Nor do I use it much. I suppose it's useful...it's just really, really not fulfilling. There's gotta be more to life than Si has to offer.

Last edited:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I think people are confusing aspects of Si with part of Te. People are also confusing Te with the opposite of being a P. Te is just a method. It's a way of getting things done. Just because you're getting things done doesn't necessarily mean that you're employing Te in its greater sense. Remember, Te is often paired with Ni along with Si. It's not always about going by the book. That's STJ.

Te is about objectives. It's about efficiency, strategy, and productivity. Planning. Step by step plans. It employs cold logic to place order in the external outside world. Some people miss the point of it. :)

Anyway. I love Si because like Jennifer said, it allows me to remember the past in such great detail before "time eroded it." Even though something's gone, it's still alive in my head as if it took place an hour ago.

Te fascinates me because the strategy. The productivity and the ability to get things done in a cold manner.

Fi reminds me of the feelings that I try so hard to avoid as a result of Te.

Ne is amazing for opening me up to possibilities and reminding me of things that Si is hindering me from seeing.

As for the other 4, I couldn't care less about Fe. To me, it's fake. It's necessary at times, but to be nice just to be nice? What's the point? What am I getting by being nice if there isn't an end goal that it's being used for?

Ni and Ti are far from use for me. I couldn't begin to describe them. Se? Uhh....Same thing.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On a scale of 0-100

Ne: Current effectiveness: 70, desired effectiveness: 80

Fi: Current effectiveness: 60, desired effectiveness: 75

Te: Current effectiveness: 55, desired effectiveness: 75

Si: Current effectiveness: 50, desired effectiveness: 75

Ni: Current effectiveness: 45, desired effectiveness: 75

Ti: Current effectiveness: 40, desired effectiveness: 75

Fe: Current effectiveness: 35, when forced 50, desired effectiveness: 60

Se: Current effectiveness: 25, desired effectiveness: 50

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Ne: The function of curiosity, adventure, fearlessness, improvisation, possibility, metaphor, unexpected connection, of eureka moments, of wanting to understand without judging. The I'll-try-anything-once function. Yes, I'm preaching the secondary. Ne is all the things I want to develop more of in myself. (Although I realize some of these things do overlap with Ni and Se ...)

Ti: I don't think I use this function very well, but I love the idea of it. The function of elegant theories, of logical coherency.

Se: I love this function for its grounding effect. I can only use it in short bursts, but I feel so calm and content when I do. Dancing, enjoying a good meal, going to concerts/reveling in a good song, playing an instrument/singing, painting, drinking ... it's always refreshing to shut off my mind and live in the moment.

Te: There's nothing romantic about Te for me, but I feel so proud of myself when I use it. Yay for planning and efficiency and not being a hopeless P! I also love TJs. :wubbie:

Fi: My inner compass, my well-spring of empathy. I couldn't live without Fi. It's low on my list of awesomeness, though, because it's so deeply ingrained in my personality that there's nothing cool about it. I am Fi. Also, immature Fi users (which I was until recently ... and maybe I still am one :blush:) are super annoying.

Ni: I love Ni users, but I don't get this function at all (even though all the function tests I've taken say it's one of my strongest). As I understand it, Ni is the function of multiple perspectives/having a clear vision of how the future is going to turn out (I mean this in a non-psychic way)? I think Fi + Ne does a good job of mimicking this, though, which contributes further to my non-understanding of Ni. It sounds super awesome, though!

Fe: The warmest function, the social function. The function of reaching out to and connecting with other people, of supporting them, of sharing yourself and opening up, of expressing emotion. Fe gives you a script for how to act in difficult situations. Unfortunately, I rarely know what the script is, and when I do, I still find it hard to follow because it never seems to do justice to what I'm really feeling. I admire proficient Fe users, but I suck at it.

Si: OMG I HATE YOU SI!!! Ok, I actually really like Si in other people, and some of my favorite people are SJs. Si users have the most amazing attention to detail and an incredible ability to tell stories. I hate, hate, HATE Si in myself, though (and I have really strong Si :( ).

Fi + Si is a deadly combination, IMO. I hate dwelling on the past because it's gone forever and never coming back and remembering it only makes me sad. I hate how Si's desire to stick with what it knows conflicts with Ne's desire to move onto something new—when Ne and Si butt heads, my Fi gets torn to shreds trying to choose between them. Si is a useful function for me because I'm an aspiring writer and I need good recall of past experiences to write realistically, but still ... it's a fucking painful function to get wrapped up in. :cry:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Se is at the top of the list, and all the others add up together to be about half as awesome.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I will take a less-trodden path, and say: Each function is awesome in its own way.

deleted
Ni - because it basically does everything besides make final decisions. it makes deciding quite easy for me
Si - this function has always been pretty fun, despite my use of it. it is however the main function of the INTJ shadow type, ISFJ, and when I engage in that for brief periods, it is more fun than anything
Fi - i have often tested as higher in this than in Te, and it makes sense. personal values and such are important to me and give direction, not just assume direction like Ni. It's a judging function, and I need it
Ne - i dislike the fact that some people have to spout this function aggressively on order to accomplish said thing. if they were aware that they never made any sense, I'm sure that still wouldn't keep them from boasting nonsense. i however love this function for personal use. random interconnections and catching on to nonsense can be very fun, and I know a lot of INTJs who can't stand this function
Ti - this function is pretty fun, i guess that comes from a logical type. equations, methods, perfection of information, it all comes at a price, and more often than not I like to ration my savings for something more useful, but I have a couple times vacationed in it's depths and it was worth the experience
Te - this is my power source for activation and organization of ideas. i make a lot of decisions based on what I have seen that works well, and i use this function rather well and it never lets me down
Se - this is how I let go, though I often dislike using this function because I become easily disturbed. with Ni there is no disturbance
Fe - i like when others act nice and show courtesy through the chaos. i like being taken care of

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
1. Ti, logic without restraint, and is self sustaning.
2. Ne, makes sense of the world beyond you while allowing you to control your Ti.
3. Ni, enables you to see more accurate patterns and interpretations.
4. Te, allows you to apply your inner motives.
5. Fi, provides a justifiable basis for actions that can be compared to Ti.
6. Se, not much usage for logical, although crucial in risky situations.
7. Si, gives a detailed image that can be disasterous when combined with Ti.
8. Fe, clouds your mind with irrelevant activity and descreases logical capability.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ne makes sure that I am never bored
Se I desperately want more of this
Ti makes sure that I don't waste my salary on magic beans
Ni don't know what it is but I want it
Si would be cool to remember people's names
Fe would be nice to not offend people as much as I do
Fi is this the one that makes you cry?
Te I really don't like this one. At all.

Last edited:

Lightyear

8. Fe, clouds your mind with irrelevant activity and descreases logical capability.

I think Fe is undervalued (What else should I say as a big Fe user? :D)

What I love about this function is that it gives you a certain ability to heal people, because you are so in tune with other peoples' emotions and their needs you often know exactly what to say to make them feel better and comfort them.

Also its chameleon nature gives you the ability to get along with a wide range of people and make friends in all parts of society, as long as we are not manipulative or completely overbearing I think most people like being around Fe users because we make them feel valued and we sincerely care about them.

Fe is to me like the emotional grease that keeps the wheels of the world running, we actually enjoy picking up the wounded and disadvantaged to look after them, we try to connect even the most random people and find common ground amongst them, we smoothen tense situations by just knowing the right word to say.

I don't experience Fe at all as this rigid "chained to cultural values" function that people seem to portray it as, it actually opens a lot of doors to me because it enables me to make people feel comfortable around me so that they open up and tell me their part of the story.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Fe is undervalued (What else should I say as a big Fe user? :D)

What I love about this function is that it gives you a certain ability to heal people, because you are so in tune with other peoples' emotions and their needs you often know exactly what to say to make them feel better and comfort them.

Also its chameleon nature gives you the ability to get along with a wide range of people and make friends in all parts of society, as long as we are not manipulative or completely overbearing I think most people like being around Fe users because we make them feel valued and we sincerely care about them.

Fe is to me like the emotional grease that keeps the wheels of the world running, we actually enjoy picking up the wounded and disadvantaged to look after them, we try to connect even the most random people and find common ground amongst them, we smoothen tense situations by just knowing the right word to say.

I don't experience Fe at all as this rigid "chained to cultural values" function that people seem to portray it as, it actually opens a lot of doors to me because it enables me to make people feel comfortable around me so that they open up and tell me their part of the story.

Well said! This is exactly how I experience my own Fe. Like you, I believe that Fe is the most undervalued of the type functions in the modern world, which might explain why it is in such a mess!