User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile S v N T v F burn the stereotypes lol *inserts devil smile ^^P*

Hey all,

I am just noticing alot of what happens on this forum is stereotyping and generalizing. it's driving me nuts.

I'm creating this discussion to burn down the house of these

What is the honest distinction between S versus N?

and also T versus F no stereotypes please or generalizations it's hurting lol. I don't agree with F meaning emotions or t meaning lack of etc.

My intention with this thread is to create an area where people can hear what "it" really is not just speculation

I'd also love to hear from people who have figured out there type for sure and can point out to me

what is a common theme among types that may not be so obvious especially T women who seem F because of conditioning? being female/ growing up around F's etc.

Also is there any ITP's on here who grew up around aload of SFJ's lol so kinda took on some of there traits cause of being around them so much?

what honestly defines a T at the core as well as for F at the core? same for for S versus N/ I versus E etc. But I mostly want to focus on T versus F and S versus N

Also can someone explain the Ti-Fe relationship of dominant and inferior and how they work together/ how they don't also etc?

I want actual life examples of these same for all the above just so i have something concrete to measure it too.

I also want to ask without stereotypes/generalizations from this post and other posts i've had what type to you think i am? and provide why you think so provide examples if possible.

i understand it's hard over the internet but really curious .

burn away lol *hands a torch over* I'm a newbie at this so i want to learn the real deal here lol.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

garbage

The OP's really, really hard to read.

See? Feelers can be pricks, too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Question

what's OP? and what would make it easier to read ?
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

i'm thinking we're opening ourselves up for generalizations here.
    I mean, there are certain traits of F's, T's, N's, S's, whatever, that are just true for a lot of the people involved. Know what I mean? We are putting someone into a box just by saying that they are an "F", for instance and its going to come with a certain set of meaning that implies "not T." And if you're asked to describe an F, (real or theorized), you are going to get a basic meaning that's generalized. Good traits and bad.

So i'm not really sure what you're looking for.

(But am still interested to see some possible deeper responses )

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I mean, there are certain traits of F's, T's, N's, S's, whatever, that are just true for a lot of the people involved. Know what I mean? We are putting someone into a box just by saying that they are an "F", for instance and its going to come with a certain set of meaning that implies "not T." And if you're asked to describe an F, (real or theorized), you are going to get a basic meaning that's generalized. Good traits and bad.

Exactly. MBTI is a system of generalizations. There's a difference between generalizations and stereotypes though. We could make this thread into listing stereotypes, and then all you need to do is read the descriptions/etc and subtract the stereotypes from them. ie, P = lazy slackers, J = judgmental assholes? (I think that's a sterotype, anyway )
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

me too very curious of some other's responses as well.
    cute name btw hehe shortnsweet.

you got a point there
    I think to clarify I mean more about stereotypes i guess i can see I was confusing you guys lol sorry
    yeah that's true i don't mind the box it's more the stereotypes that come with the box and some misunderstandings of what that box really means.
    Last edited by INFtha14; 05-12-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: errors heh probably more ^^P./ minus lol's ;)
    What is Feeling?

wayyyyyyyy too many lol scattered about. Kills the humour.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    wayyyyyyyy too many lol scattered about. Kills the humour.
    love my lol's i'll work on it...thanks for the tip.
    now....i feel this thread is dying *sigh's to self* never mind.
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    yupp

I wish NTs would realize that not all NFs are whiney whimps and that NFs aren't jealous of NTs. I do realize not all NTs think this, but damnit it's annoyings! I mean jealous of you come on. don't make me laugh.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I wish NTs would realize that not all NFs are whiney whimps and that NFs aren't jealous of NTs. I do realize not all NTs think this, but damnit it's annoyings! I mean jealous of you come on. don't make me laugh.
    Oh, just stop your whining!

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    love my lol's i'll work on it...thanks for the tip.
    now....i feel this thread is dying *sigh's to self* never mind.
    Screw me! Lol on, my friend. If only cuz you know now it bugs me. Hella fun to bug.