User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

I think the first post and Jeremy's post are the only posts with actually relevant information/questions and not filled with smilies or LOL's. Great quick summary, though, Jeremy.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I figured an ISFP would start a thread like this.

It's annoying when people are describing "Fs" when what they're really describing is Fe.

I get the feeling that Jung was onto something but Myers and Briggs made a mess of things with their focus on preferences rather than functions.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

I'm probably wrong / not helpful with all of this post, but I hope it helps you at least a little

I thought it was very good.
    What you thought and how you organized your thought, was excellent.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I thought it was very good.
    What you thought and how you organized your thought, was excellent.
    true Jaguar's right

it was just what I was looking for, it's one of those post's that are applicable and clear thank you
    thanks again jeremy.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    I think all people are F-sters by over 56% no matter how they tested. That or there needs to be more real life questions in those tests. Seeing how some threads develop is proof enough of this that my conclusion cannot be argued, although i wish this thread had posts that were strictly anonymous.
    As i scroll down to observe who is viewing this thread, i notice 3 named users, yet 4 members. i know who that anonymous other member viewing this thread is
    This whole site in general needs a few opinionated ESTJs with a womans touch. Why are they so sparce? i'll bet they contemplate putting in their .02, but then read just one more post and go half nutzoid.

professor??? you havin fun talking to yourself here? haha!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post

It's annoying when people are describing "Fs" when what they're really describing is Fe.

I get the feeling that Jung was onto something but Myers and Briggs made a mess of things with their focus on preferences rather than functions.

She's just trying to get some information, and you being a jerk won't help her.
    That aside, I agree with you that Myers/Briggs made a mess of things.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post

yeah that can really mess people up....now when you say preference you mean preference order? yeah then that can mess people up i would think cause there may be an equal preference for more then what is accepted by that theory (mbti).
    Now I'm a newbie so don't take me too serious ^^P still learning.

what I think we are a type code we just stray away from the "typical" from life experience, family members and how they raised us etc yadda yadda.

Like i seriously could see how all the things that have happened to me lately (a couple deaths of close people 2 people to cancer,1 animal to something unexpected/unknown)
    have made me lose touch with my isfp self and now I finally feel like I'm gaining that back cause of the mbti. It feels good but I also realize I have developed Ti/bit of Te working on Fe/ teensy bit of Si.

Pretty much realized I have been stuck in a Ni Te mode as well.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    professor??? you havin fun talking to yourself here? haha!!
    What was the subject?extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** ******** (58.7)
    excellent use
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    She's just trying to get some information, and you being a jerk won't help her.
    That aside, I agree with you that Myers/Briggs made a mess of things.
    Oops, no jerkiness intended! I'm an ISFP too, what I meant is that we seem to be a bit more bothered by stereotypes than most (I know there is some irony in that statement somewhere).

So what I meant is it's a good thread, and good to see people challenging misconceptions.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

What was the subject?extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************** ******** (58.7)
    excellent use
    i KNOW! you have no idea what it is you picked out like 2 or 3 words from that and went and created your own deal there...it's quite entertaining...please carry on...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison