User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that NFs aren't jealous of NTs.
    I am. I mean, how cool would it be to be a robot?

(All NTs are robots.)

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I think all people are F-sters by over 56% no matter how they tested. That or there needs to be more real life questions in those tests. Seeing how some threads develop is proof enough of this that my conclusion cannot be argued, although i wish this thread had posts that were strictly anonymous.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Oh, just stop your whining!

Screw me! Lol on, my friend. If only cuz you know now it bugs me. Hella fun to bug.
    xDDD getting my lolololololol on.
    sends to Qre:us
    all's good .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

As i scroll down to observe who is viewing this thread, i notice 3 named users, yet 4 members. i know who that anonymous other member viewing this thread is
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think the problem with a lot of posters on this board, and I think that the original post is picking up on, is that people have a tendency to get very specific when it comes to their generalizations about certain types. For instance, the stereotype seems to be that ALL ESTJs are "stodgy, uncooperative, only care about rules / tradition, demanding". Some ESTJs are like that, but the vast majority aren't, yet that view permeates the board. It's much easier to focus on the negative of people who aren't like you when you're surrounded by people who are.

The people on this board are heavily Introverted Intuitive types, and so all type descriptions that are given are shown through that perspective, and INXX types tend to have a lot of conflict with certain people who identify with SJ. I've even seen people ASSUME that ANYONE they have conflict with is a certain type, just because of these stereotypes. So I understand what the OP is saying. A lot of the time, people have one or two negative examples of a bad behavior in one person of a certain type, and then others add their own in. Next thing you know, a post becomes about how "ESTJs and INFPs can't be friends!!!1" or something like that. It's a misuse of type theory, because type theory is very hard to use to predict behavior. At the very most, it can help you get a very basic sketch for someone's personality, but it's not the entire painting. Everyone uses a different palette and a different style to fill in the lines. It's better used as a tool for personal growth, understanding how YOU react to others, and modifying your style to adapt to changing situations.

As far as your concrete examples of S vs. N, and T vs. F, it's hard to say. Introverted Sensing and Extroverted Sensing, for instance, are very different functions. Same with Introverted X and Extraverted X. It's hard to say. But here are the basics:

Sensing: A tendency to focus on sensory details, such as sight, taste, smell, and sound when taking in information. Memory is usually of more detailed facts, often with a sketchy overall perception of how those pieces fit together. SPs generally are more active and involved with the world around them, being involved with sports, art, and other forms of physical expression. SJs have a tendency to be more focused on internal organization, such as scheduling and planning their future down to the wire, or by being organized in their personal life in some way.

Intuition is the tendency to focus more on overall generalizations (hehe) of ideas, such as theory and "gut feelings". I personally consider it close to what we call "gut feelings" - you just sort of understand a concept without necessarily understanding how the pieces fit together. So, if Sensors have a hard time understanding the entire picture, Intuitives have a harder time understanding how the pieces actually fit into the puzzle, even if the puzzle is completed already. NPs tend to be focused more on external ideas and connections that they perceive in the world around them, getting ideas and inspirations from those. NJs tend to focus more on internal ideas and concepts, often not knowing where their understanding of a subject comes.

Thinking is the tendency to use logic to figure out problems. Logic can mean many different things to many different people. TPs tend to use an internal logic that makes sense to them - they understand how things work, and therefore, their way works for them - so even if they do something illogical, such as scream extremely loud right before every exam they take, it might make sense to them to do so because it seems to work. They judge things by an internal standard. TJs tend to examine things from the perspective of external logic. "Does it work, and if it doesn't, why aren't we getting rid of it or changing it?"

Feeling is the tendency to base judgements on subjective* factors. Again, this is widely variable. The tendency is for FPs to have internal values from which they quietly judge the world, and more importantly, their own behavior. FPs have a tendency to keep their emotions to themselves, but this is NOT always the case, especially when under stress. FPs do show emotion and appreciation, but more subtly than FJs. FJs tend to be more focused on external feeling behaviors, such as showing appreciation and caring towards others overtly. They are more likely to let their judgements overtly be seen by the world, but IFJs in particular can actually be more secretive than IFPs about their emotions.

I'm probably wrong / not helpful with all of this post, but I hope it helps you at least a little
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

This whole site in general needs a few opinionated ESTJs with a womans touch. Why are they so sparce? i'll bet they contemplate putting in their .02, but then read just one more post and go half nutzoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    love my lol's i'll work on it...thanks for the tip.
    now....i feel this thread is dying *sigh's to self* never mind.
    Don't change your lol's. It's who you are.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    This whole site in general needs a few opinionated ESTJs with a womans touch. Why are they so sparce? i'll bet they contemplate putting in their .02, but then read just one more post and go half nutzoid.
    Jumping into the lion's den. Gotta be a scary experience.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Don't change your lol's. It's who you are.

yay!!!!!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    LOLOLOL hahaha.
    Thank you post made me feel better about my lol's
    to you jaguar.

Thank you very much jeremy
    that's exactly my problem cause it just running wild in some places here
    and it's a shame if someone thinks there not a type cause of a stereotype even more if people say oh no you can't be that type...only the person themselves can judge for that imo especially if online .

well maybe I'm just a different version of that type you know and it's not all
    cut and dry either...many varieties of types out there.

I personally I am realizing i have developed my Ti more then Te and my Fe/Si is something i'm working on.

some people we'll be raised in different kinds of family's, cultures, belief's, or pressured by society to be a certain way (women and men) there is so much more to consider even lifestyles/decisions and the results of those decisions.
    I think it was very helpful thank you jeremy.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    For all you know, they are around.
    When I look to the left on this board,
    I never assume what I see is really someone's type.