User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default NTs: Fear, disgust, and frustration?

I've come up with another question about NT feelings.

It seems that when people cite an NTs lack of feeling, they usually refer specifically to feelings that involve relating and connecting to other people. However, it seems there's a whole spectrum of feeling people never look for when mentioning that NTs don't feel as strongly/consciously/deeply/often, etc.

I'm referring to fear, disgust, and frustration. From my perspective, it seems like NTs usually feel these as acutely and often as anyone, despite a possible lacking in the connection/relational feelings. Am I seeing things correctly, or are NTs actually detached from these feelings to the same extent as the others?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp

Stupidity and doormatism frustates me, does that count?

Disgust.. yes, it happens.
    Close your eyes, clear your heart,
    Cut the cord.
    - The Killers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    Stupidity and doormatism frustates me, does that count?
    Only if you actually FEEL the frustration. If you're just using it as a linguistic shortcut to describe your thought process at that point, then no.
    Disgust.. yes, it happens.
    Well, I know you feel it in some situations. I guess the question is, do you experience it more clearly or often than the connection/relational emotions?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Fear and frustration - As common as anyone else, I surmise. Well, maybe a little less common, but that's not due to my NTness, but rather, maturity, IMO.
    Disgust - rarely.

They're just as strong as anybody else when they happen (at least, I think so).
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Fear and frustration - As common as anyone else, I surmise. Well, maybe a little less common, but that's not due to my NTness, but rather, maturity, IMO.
    Disgust - rarely.

They're just as strong as anybody else when they happen (at least, I think so).
    +1 I don't feel disgust all that often. But fear and frustration would probably be my two biggest emotional reactions. Everything else, it would have to be huge to hit my radar.
    Something Witty

The only one out of that three what applies to me is frustration.

But I would not call myself frustrated person.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I rarely feel disgusted, only when being on a public toilet or made to watch operations on humans on television.

I rarely feel frustration aswell, if something should be frustrating, I moreso derive a lot of power from the situation.

Fear on the other hand I feel alot, I constantly worry about the future, creating possible scenarios what all can go wrong.

I am more prone to sensibility or sharpened senses xD. I hear, see and smell like a hawk. No pizza is safe from me What comes with sharpened sensibility is a low tolerance to unharmonical noise + jumpieness. I am usually the one in the movies, who is jumpy all the time, making me look like a fool . (if I just had the right hand-eye coordination, I would be a soccer star already)

The great rest tho, is pretty dead. The strongest emotions I have , are: I like to feel harmonical with people. And I am righteous, I cant stand seeing people being treated unfair. Another one would be melancholy. I can enter states of depression, but only in private and they will be gone after one night most of the times.

I have no clue tho, if those count as emotions .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned

I definitely understand disgust and frustration. These two feelings are what generally leads to the negative emotion that pretty much encapsulates all of my negative emotions: irritation. I spend most of my time not irritated, but when I do get irritated it's almost always as a result of a feeling of frustration or disgust.

Fear, on the other hand, is pretty foreign to me. The only fear I have is being cut off from the thing that brings me the most pleasure. That fear is fairly strong, but it's the only one I've ever known. I avoid situations that are known to be dangerous so any other kind of fear is non-existent.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I get grossed out when I see gross things, but actual disgust is reserved for child molesters. Aside from that, it's pretty hard to shake me. It happens, but it's not common.

I don't have a lot of fear. I can't remember the last time I felt it. I don't remember what it feels like.

I get frustrated a lot - mostly with inept people who pretend to be otherwise. I lose my patience if someone doesn't move or think quickly enough for me. Or if I have to constantly repeat myself.

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Fear almost never, disgust on occasion, and frustration is pretty common.

There are few if anything I'm afraid of that I can think of right now. I'm afraid that I will never become completely independent, but I'm confident that it will come.

It disgusts me when people act out of ignorance. World crimes being the most significantly disgusting. When individuals do it, I don't commonly feel disgusted. I only feel like they are in need of help, and I can usually understand why they do what they do.

I easily get frustrated when people can't or refuse to understand me. Mostly when they refuse.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)