User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Default Know of any research on type compatibility?

I got this book, "Just Your Type" that takes the different types and matches them up to explain what each relationship is like. They say in it that they found out all this from doing tons of research and watching couples in therapy. They make statements like saying ESTJ and INFP matches both reported the lowest relationship satisfaction with each other of all the types but don't say much more about it. I'm VERY curious to know where I can find research like that on types in relationships. I think a lot of us would be very interested to find out which types reported the highest relationship satisfaction and down the line.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

there was a study...i don't think it was super involved or informative but someone posted it awhile ago...bluemonday i think??

hmm...blue??? do you still have it??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

There's this:

Complete relationship chart between psychological ("personality") types

Having run a bunch of relationships (personal and observed) through this, it actually seems pretty on-target. I've not delved too deeply, but at a glance the logistics rather impress me as well. It's elegant!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Personality and Relationships

At the link above, their research shows that the longest and happiest relationships are with people of the same dominant function. I wonder if that's true.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post

At the link above, their research shows that the longest and happiest relationships are with people of the same dominant function. I wonder if that's true.
    I've always wondered what 'research' they performed to draw their conclusions. I may have missed it, but I've always assumed their lack of statistics means it's largely anecdotal evidence.

To me, that site has some interesting ideas - ideas very much worth pondering - but I wouldn't assume it to be a theory based off of any empirical evidence.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think this chart is a bit pessimistic although in general accurate as to some of the challenges and natural benefits

Probably finding those types who have Duality with your type is a good exercise:

See Duality Type defined below me:
    These relations are the most favourable and comfortable of all intertype relations providing complete psychological compatibility. Dual partners are like two halves of a whole unit. They usually understand each others intentions without any need to say a word. Dual will naturally protect your weak points and appreciate the strong ones without asking for anything in return. Interaction with your Dual allows you to be yourself without the need to adjust to your partner like in other relations. This often saves both partners a lot of energy which they can use for their own interesting activities. Conflicts between Duals are very rare and if there are any, they are normally short lived and solved without pain. Your Dual partner will love you just for what you are and if there is such a thing as true love then it could probably only occur in relations of Duality.

However, let's not idealise these relations too much. Although theoretically relations of Duality are the best of the best, practically not everybody who is your Dual will make your dreams come true. The reason for this is that we are usually so twisted up during the course of our lives that our already formed and stable views and attitudes can affect our relationships quite heavily. In fact, younger people have more chance to succeed in the quest for their perfect partner than older people. But the chances are always there.

There are at least two conditions to be completed for a successful relationship between Duals. Firstly between the partners there has to be at least a minimal mutual attraction. Secondly and most importantly is that the partners are truly striving for the same or similar things. This may include common interests and/or life goals. Partners that are both seriously thinking about building a family are a good example. Logically saying: two halves of the same whole must not repel or move in the different directions, otherwise the whole will break into pieces. Relations of Duality also go through several stages. The first stage sometimes can be really tense. It is like a new engine that requires a "run in" first. If relations crumble it normally happens in the first stage. The more stages completed by Duals the more unbreakable their relationship.

However, nature has played a little trick on us. It is difficult to notice your Dual partner among all the other types and even easier to pass them by. Usually during first contact extroverts think about their introvert Dual as ordinary and simple, therefore not deserving their personal attention. In return introverts consider their extrovert Dual to be too good for them and therefore unattainable. Both positions usually belong to people who had a lack of Duality interaction during childhood. The magnetic effect of Duality becomes obvious when partners do not see each other for a while. Only after being together for a fair amount of time do the partners start realising how much they need each other. Finally, these relations are most suitable for friendship, marriage and family life. To have a Dual partner is irreplaceable if you have to compete or survive in a socially dangerous environment.

Duality pairs:

ENTp - ISFp
    ESFj - INTj
    ENFj - ISTj
    ESTp - INFp
    ESFp - INTp
    ENTj - ISFj
    ESTj - INFj
    ENFp - ISTp
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by lbloom View Post
    PersonalityDesk - Resources - Compatibility and Your Myers-Briggs

The references are at the bottom of the page.
    I refuse to accept any source that states "Women married to INTP men had the highest level of dissatisfaction, at 31%" on the basis of sheer optimism.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post

I wouldn't like being with an ESTJ as it says I should, and the QI of an ENTJ is interesting. I find ENTJs to be attractive, but I would not really like a lasting relationship with one.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I think this chart is a bit pessimistic although in general accurate as to some of the challenges and natural benefits

Duality pairs:

ENTp - ISFp
    ESFj - INTj
    ENFj - ISTj
    ESTp - INFp
    ESFp - INTp
    ENTj - ISFj
    ESTj - INFj
    ENFp - ISTp
    Bleah... I don't want to end up hitched to someone Se dom. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I refuse to accept any source that states "Women married to INTP men had the highest level of dissatisfaction, at 31%" on the basis of sheer optimism.
    Optimism? What is that, some kind of drug?
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    Optimism? What is that, some kind of drug?
    FDA approved, even.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)