Thread: Tomboys

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Default Tomboys

Ok I hate that term, cause they're not boys. But a lot of the... ungirly girls I know are hard to type, as far as T/F goes. Most of the ones i've known have been both. Thoughts?

wholly charmed Array Spartacuss's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

type would depend on the tomboy in question. Do you have one in mind?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

I'm just generally wondering what types become tomboys.

Phoenix Incarnate Array Sentura's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

P girls? it's a far too general statement to encompass the differences between F/T, let alone N/S.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

NTs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    I'm just generally wondering what types become tomboys.
    It's pretty general to categorize one type although I think you would find a higher percentage of tomboys amongst STP women than some other types. From what I understand of the term it implies a kind of earthiness, directness, physicality, willingness to get your hands dirty, etc. That is something I would tend to associate with some combination of Se and Ti (which INFJs actually have come to think of it).

My personality type could also be stereotyped in the opposite direction, but I have some tomboyishness in my personality as well. This is mostly because I was raised by a single mother, so I'm used to doing whatever needs to be done whether it's gathering/chopping wood, building a fire, figuring out what's wrong with my car, building furniture, etc. I enjoy working on a house as well and could enjoy building a house. It always surprises me when I find out some women avoid these things. I'm not good at (or interested in sports) though. My point is that environment and experience can bring out these qualities as much or moreso than an MBTI category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    It might be fine for some people, but I rather not live in a world where people think it is okay for dolphins to rape each other.

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I know Tomgirls of almost everytype. INFJs whove shaved there heads to hide femininity while younger, tough girl ESTPs and INFPs who like hanging with the guys.

wholly charmed Array Spartacuss's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I know Tomgirls of almost everytype. INFJs whove shaved there heads to hide femininity while younger, tough girl ESTPs and INFPs who like hanging with the guys.
    exactly
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

estp, istp, infp (sorta) I've known. Don't know many girls well enough to type since most of my friends are male. also depends on your def of tomboy.

Probably not a huge type correlation, I could see it being higher in SPs and NTs, but certainly not limited to them.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my sister would call herself a tomboy...she's not really boyish...just not very girlie either and she's an isfj....probably not really type related all that much.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast