• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tomboys

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I like the 3 characteristics wiki has for tomboys:

- The wearing of typically masculine-oriented types of clothes.
- The practice of games and activities (often physical in nature) that are typically considered to be the domain of boys.
- Heterosociality, the preference to befriend boys rather than other girls.

STPs might be more likely to take part in male dominated sports and activities, while NTs might just befriend boys more often than girls and not adopt a real feminine dress code.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My Ne was crushed by this post. Took one look at it and read.

"need a penis now"
"do not do fluffy"

Darnit!

Well i am sorry to disappoint you .. but i am not changing for no one .. I don't really want a penis .. I'd be playing with it all day. I wouldn't get anything else done. :) .. lol

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What is a boy called that has a preference for mostly female friends ? Not that I know one

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is a boy called that has a preference for mostly female friends ? Not that I know one

That's actually a very good question. I have no idea. :shock:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well i am sorry to disappoint you .. but i am not changing for no one .. I don't really want a penis .. I'd be playing with it all day. I wouldn't get anything else done. :) .. lol

It's probably best you miss my point then. :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Straight entropie. :yes: That's what he's called.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It's probably best you miss my point then. :D

lol .. What point did i miss???

See this is why i don't get you INT's .. Nuisance you are ;)

Wait .. do you want me to have a willy and wear fluffy pink????

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Straight entropie. :yes: That's what he's called.

Ehm, I thought pimp would be the appropiate word.

I think straight guys hang out with other guys just as well. (I do. Although admittedly I am slightly Bi. Still much more straight then gay though.)

edit: Send you an explanation, Sas. >.> Just a little joke!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well actually I had the time, I used to hang out with 3 girls. Naturally I wanted to get hooked up with all of them, but by the time I figured them being out of my league (I was 4 years younger). So I behaved and just concentrated on the friendship.

Called ourselves Charlies angels back then :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Out of their independant league, or their collective league? :p

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
lol :D

I liked one of the girls pretty much and a few years later, we eventually met again.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I wouldn't call liking females as friends just being straight. There should be some sort of term... Hmm.

I actually really like having female friends. We can be a bit flirty and realize it's all just for fun. :tongue: A lot of my female friends I wouldn't really want to get more serious with, or they would be uninterested in me in that way, etc. I can turn myself off of someone, so it's smooth sailing.

Having friends of both genders is rewarding in different ways, you get different mental gratification.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya indeed. I still have the phaenomenom today tho that I dont share the topics of discussion with most of my male buddies. I am never informed about the actual transfer market in soccer and some crude jokes pass by me completly.

Its always a huge time of fun to go out drinking and its common that something cruel to someone will happen, you can have a lot of fun with :D. But intellectual stimuli in that round = zero . I am convinced tho its me, being not that open as I am prolly supposed to be.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
<<<< Is a tomboy.

As a young child, although i was very maternal towards my brother. I never felt i was a girl. I had one doll that i used to bash against the wall holding one leg. (shudders). I have never been into make-up or dressing up (although i do now own foundation, lol which is applied occasionally). I now own 2 dresses, but i would rather wear jeans or trousers. I can't stand shopping for clothes, shoes etc. I do not do fluffy, pink and now i am separated from hubby, my hair is short.

I have never wanted girls so i am incredibly grateful i have 2 boys.
LOL you sound a lot like me. Except I don't own a single dress or skirt. I might get one someday but its not like its the top of my list. At this point I will recite a Katherine Hepburn quote from a Barbara Walters interview

Barbara Walters: So, Kate, do you even own a skirt?
Katharine Hepburn: I own one, Barbara. I shall wear it to your funeral.

BTW, you know that there have been scientific studies that prove 'tomboys' (or at least more masculine women) statistically tend to have sons rather than daughters.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
As has been said, I think it depends on the tomboy in question. Most of the girls I've known who would call themselves tomboys are the ones who prefer to hang out with guys (with as few other girls around as possible). This could be the case for any number of reasons. Generally they find girls to be too bitchy and political. Generally they also enjoy having their feminity emphasized by being the only girl present. No direct source of comparison/competition. Sometimes they have father issues and have spent their formative years avoiding anything derided by guys as "girly", to better win masculine approval. They've admitted this themselves. I'm not saying that this is the case for all tomboys, or even most. Just most of the ones I've known. On that basis, it's hard for me to identify any types being particularly partial to tomboyism. Insecurity transcends type.

Or maybe they were never properly tomboys in the first place.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I was definitely a tomboy when I was little. My best friends were boys and I was the only girl at one of their parties. I have three brothers, though, so maybe that explains it. Now I guess I'm a little less of a tomboy.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
LOL you sound a lot like me. Except I don't own a single dress or skirt. I might get one someday but its not like its the top of my list. At this point I will recite a Katherine Hepburn quote from a Barbara Walters interview

BTW, you know that there have been scientific studies that prove 'tomboys' (or at least more masculine women) statistically tend to have sons rather than daughters.

lol .. good for you. I am trying to become more feminized .. i am just taking it slowly :blush:.

I wasn't aware of the studies. Pretty cool though. If i had of had a girl, it would of looked like a boy anyway. On that note though, my cousin had a baby girl tonight. With myself, brother, step sister, and cousin there are 6 boys and only 2 girls. :heart:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NT women seem to be tomboys as a rule, rather than an exception.

I don't think you could say the same about NFs, SJs, and SPs.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In reading this thread, I think everyone has a different idea of a tomboy. I don't think a tomboy is someone who does it for social approval. The reason NTs don't seem like tomboys to me is because they lean more towards being intellectuals and nerds. These are the people that can get beat up by tomboys. [edit] Actually reading the Wiki entry the term does include intellectuals for some bizarre reason. I'm guessing the entry was written by them city folk. [/edit]

I grew up in Wyoming surrounded by very ESTP style tomboys. They drive trucks, drink hard, tell dirty jokes, get in fist fights, walk in a masculine manner, etc. There is never a question as to whether or not they could beat the crap out of you or if they could fix their own car. These are not NT women. In my opinion, I'll have to say that I do think my Wyoming tomboys are pretty authentic.

[edit]I think excelling at sports is another defining feature of a tomboy that is also not intellectually based. ST seems extremely more tomboy-ish than NT. Tomboys aren't abstract theoreticians. I think alot of STs actually identify as NTs online which can blur the issue.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah, I bet there are plenty of STP girls that are tomboys. Not so sure about the SFP girls.