User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tomboys

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    9w8 sx/so

My wife claims she was a tomboy.... She loved softball, climbed trees, played with the boys, didn't dress very feminine, etc.

She thinks she can do things like car repairs and household repairs, but she is clueless and worse, destructive. She told me she once changed out an engine, but it was her ESFP father and her ISTP brother, she just watched and added unneeded criticism.

She was a walking repair disaster. But she believes she knows how to critique every repair.....

She liked camping, but had never done any serious hiking or backpacking until I introduced her to it. She mildly enjoys playing sports and watching sports, but not football or soccer.

I believe her to be a ISFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

I'm sure I was a tomboy. I think that had more to do with environment than type for me, as a kid. Now I don't care. I can change a tire, change my oil, fix a toilet, replace a faucet...etc. I look at those as great skills to have. It doesn't mean I want to do them though - I would prefer to pay someone. My ENFJ is fantastic around the house building and fixing things but he doesn't have the time. He only recently got on the outsourcing bandwagon I've been driving for awhile.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I'm definitely what I call "a guy's girl." Almost all of my friends are guys. I just don't get on well with girls, & the ones I do are usually pretty tomboyish themselves. Most of my close guy friends call me a tomboy, since I like sports & cars. I much prefer playing hoops than shopping. I'm not quite sure why, but the girls I'm somewhat friendly with in my dorm never invite me out with them. I used to NEVER wear makeup, but now I usually wear just foundation, because my face is naturally pretty red.
    "You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him."- Audrey Hepburn

9w1 sp/sx
    ESI Fi

I was one when I was little. My excessively competitive ways did not sit well with most other females around, it was always "dial it down". Which I was having none of. Plus I received special treatment from the boys as "only girl in the group", to the extent of being in charge, so I was pleased being that it's the only way I can exist in a group.
    "Note that the word “mute” (from Latin mutus and Greek μύειν) is regarded by linguists as an onomatopoeic formation referring not to silence but to a certain fundamental opacity of human being, which likes to show the truth by allowing it to be seen hiding."
    - Anne Carson

Ƙιηg σf Lσνє Lινє Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar

I used to be a tomboy. And then I realized I was just a boy.
    mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    save me from the things i see
    i can keep it from the world
    why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes /DG/, Alaska, geedoenfj, Legion liked this post

369 sx/so
    IEI Ni

just so all u fanboys/girls know, im equally as awkward and nervous when we meet irl. i'm just a human too &ill never view myself above u. ~ lil 寿司

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I think that everyone should have a secret name.

What would yours be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I write the way I want fyi. No one but me handles the way I express myself.
    Likes Alaska liked this post

This user is always right Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    6w7 so/sx
    EIE Fe

I've been through that tomboy stage, but now I'm a girly girl
    Though when I have online heated debates in my native language, I usually get mistaken for a man..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

1w2, 4w3, 6w7