• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stereotypical favourite bands of the types

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like "the books" :)

Edit:
ESFJ: U2
ISFJ: Adam Lambert
ESTJ: U2
ISTJ: likes the sound of his pencil as he fills out paperwork.

FinalFrontier89

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm ENFP and I like stuff like Porcupine Tree, Tool, Opeth, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, and a wide array of metal (thrash, death, symphonic, power, etc.). I also love classical music and trance.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJ: Assemblage 23, The Cruxshadows

What do you think?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By the way, metal in general seems to appeal to SPs on a base physical level. I've noticed SJs seem to dislike it, and that both NTs and NFs seem to be really polarized about it--either it's AWESOME, or they hate it.

That is so damn right ime. ISTP- loves rythm, screaming, precision, technicality. ISTJ- detests screaming, enjoys more pop sounds, mainstream-ish. The NFs and NTs seem to vary a bit more.

I'm ENTP, and I listen to:
Silverstein, In fear and Faith, Atreyu, Killswitch Engaged, The Muse, Goodnight Nurse, the Academy is..., Protest the Hero, The Butterfly Effect, Karnivool, Lost Prophets, Three Days Grace, Billy Talent...

But there is a great variety of lesser bands that I don't mind hearing at all:
Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, Pete Murray, Paramore, Keane, Greenday, The Getaway Plan, Gyroscope, Franz Ferdinand, Powderfinger, MGMT & a variety of oldies

That's what I said re: Muse;).

I know sensors and intuitives that like the muse (I gave it to them :yay:), The band members may be intuitive, maybe that's what you're basing it on. I know an ISFJ that seems to obsess over everything made by NTs, particularly ENTPs :)

FinalFrontier89

MBTI Type
ENFP
I must say I love metal. My favorite metal bands would be Children of Bodom, Opeth, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Between the Buried and Me, In Flames, and Agalloch. I love metal for its epic quality and its raw fury but also for its technicality.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs like Tool. To the point when I started a music thread @ INTPc I threatened to ban anyone that mentioned Tool.

Oh, and Radiohead.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I enjoy Tool in small doses, and a good deal of Radiohead's work.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tool is great, but not my fav.

hommefatal

I'll play...

INFJ - The Smiths, The Cure, Godspeed! You Black Emperor, Elliott Smith, Boards of Canada, Will Oldham, Dead Can Dance, Aimee Mann, Clinic
ISTJ - Tool, A Perfect Circle, Coheed & Cambria, Eagles of Death Metal
INFP - Death Cab for Cutie, Sufjan Stevens, Bjork
INTP - The Mars Volta, Autechre
ENFP - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol, The Killers, Coldplay, NIN (Just for CC)
ESFJ - Robbie Williams

*I'm sure there is much overlap between INFJ and INFP. I gave the INFPs the artists my INFP sister likes that I don't. :)
A friend of mine is a lot into idm, he is an INTP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
**Official suggestion that there is no significant correlation between MBTI type and music preference***

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP: Linkin Park. It's INFP, but there's enough T for it to work.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ : Dragonforce
INFP : Cat Power
INTP : Tool
INFJ : Enya
ISFP : Animal Collective
ENFP : The Beatles
ISTP : Jimi Hendrix
ENFJ : Muse

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't have just one favorite band or artist. I like a little bit of everything.

O

Oberon

ENFPs: Rob Thomas, Colby Caillat, anything singer/songwriter
INTPs: Rush and its modern antecedents, and The Magnetic Fields, anything technically intricate
ENTPs: Southern Culture on the Skids (Dirt Track Date indeed!), Mojo Nixon, anything in which the band is about how big their dick is while also being clever...

...and don't tell anyone, but ENTPs will have a secret stash of Weird Al they get out for special occasions.