• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stereotypical favourite bands of the types

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say that all true INFPs listen to white power music.
Period.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is funny.

Because really, the stuff I listen to is complete crap.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I notice far more xNFP fans of Morrissey and The Smiths than INFJ fans, here and offline. But that might just be because there are more xNFPs around. Do people associate them with INFJs only because they think Morrissey is INFJ, or are there other reasons?

My favourite band is The Smiths but if it wasn't it would be System of a Down or Radiohead.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFPs: Rob Thomas, Colby Caillat, anything singer/songwriter
INTPs: Rush and its modern antecedents, and The Magnetic Fields, anything technically intricate
ENTPs: Southern Culture on the Skids (Dirt Track Date indeed!), Mojo Nixon, anything in which the band is about how big their dick is while also being clever...

...and don't tell anyone, but ENTPs will have a secret stash of Weird Al they get out for special occasions.

weird al just happens to rock, thank you.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Fit me into a stereotype and watch you FAIL!

I dig pop, metal, jazz, punk, hardcore, some rap, rock etc. Only style I'm really unwilling to listen to is Country.

I'm the same, but...I still will listen to some country.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say in terms of my music preferences I'm probably an ESTP, ENTP or ENTJ :D I do NOT like whiny singer-songwriters...unless they are mind-blowingly good, and they usually aren't. I'd rather listen to something that brings out my shadow side!

mrconfusion87

MBTI Type
INFP
INFPer here! Here are some of the artists that I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to (meaning I have at least two of their records or more) in my 22 years thus far in no particular personal most favorite to least favorite order:

Korn, Limp Bizkit, Offspring, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Tool, Godsmack, Disturbed, Meshuggah, Hatebreed, Rammstein, Chimaira, Blink 182, Linkin Park, Slipknot, System Of A Down, Mudvayne, Sepultura, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Strapping Young Lad, Mushroomhead, Led Zeppellin, Jane's Addiction, Deftones, Eminem, Kid Rock, Stone Temple Pilots.... I'll add Mad Season (Layne Staley's side project in the mid-90s in this list) too cuz they only had ONE album!

I also appreciate alot of songs by artists like Ministry, Sevendust, 2 Live Crew, Coal Chamber, Death, Diamond Head, Cypress Hill, Cannibal Corpse, Dog Fashion Disco, Drowning Pool, Flaw, Beatles, Eric Clapton, Filter, Fear Factory, Grand Funk Railroad, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Helmet, Incubus, Kittie, Mamas and the Papas, Lacuna Coil, Megadeth, POD, Alanis Morissete, Powerman 5000, Foo Fighters, Probot, White/Rob Zombie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Rolling Stones, Snoop Dogg, Staind, Static-X, the Who and of course the great Michael Jackson.

Point is, typcasting what people of each type will only gravitate towards certain kinds of artists/bands is useless. Looking at anyone's iPod playlist will only hammer this point home! :D

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP = PLACEBO. Brian Moko is definately an INFP.
Bat for lashes!
Nine inch nails. A warm place. 28 Ghosts. La mer. and all that could have been<3
A perfect Circle- 3 libras