User Tag List

First 12345 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Wouldn't call it psychic, to be honest. We just find patterns, see cause and effect, where others would not. And for some that comes concretely, for others abstractly. And when it comes abstractly it may seem supernatural.
    No when it happens it is psychic. And I know when it happens and I know that I just perceived what someone thought.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That said I'm mostly Ne, but have a high developped Ni too according to tests. As far as tests can test it.

Anyhow, with people I know really well, family members, best friends, etc. I often know exactly what they think or how they respond to certain happenings and events. And have been known to pre-emptive strike at them with answers before they actually say the question. When this comes abruptly enough and cuts a new subject of conversation. It usually comes across as them believing I can read their thoughts.

But I just experience it as knowing how the people around me respond and recognizing it swiftly and with great ease.

You may call it psychic, I won't argue with you about that, but I experience it quite differently. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

[....when] you would rather be a Profiler than a Deanna Troy kind of empath, because you have process/character "empathy/retracing", and it's optional to evoke emotional depth (emotional empathy) at all, when you imagine a character. it's secondary. a byproduct of the understanding, not it's initial ground.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    That said I'm mostly Ne, but have a high developped Ni too according to tests. As far as tests can test it.

Anyhow, with people I know really well, family members, best friends, etc. I often know exactly what they think or how they respond to certain happenings and events. And have been known to pre-emptive strike at them with answers before they actually say the question. When this comes abruptly enough and cuts a new subject of conversation. It usually comes across as them believing I can read their thoughts.

But I just experience it as knowing how the people around me respond and recognizing it swiftly and with great ease.

You may call it psychic, I won't argue with you about that, but I experience it quite differently. :P
    Honestly sounds like Ne.

[...when] looking at an image like this, feels much the same as looking at a portrait of a person, because you breath in the atmosphere and search the character of anything in the big picture of it's history/life. how it came to be what it is. rather than looking at how it's currently relating to it's current situation. everything is a manifestation of a spirit/character. of many layers of character. a picture of a current situation emphasizes one of these layers. therefore it always implies history and future. the intrinsic story.

i feel very strongly about such things, that are out of the moment and out of any practical implications. breathing in pictures = feeling the world. my feeling is oceanic, there. It is where my feeling is free, which some of you would call Fi, but i don't think so, because it is not subject to censorship or emphasis (evaluation) of Fe OR Fi values. so it's unbound, impersonal, shadow feeling. it's not related to "me" "wanting" anything, to a personal concrete motivation. It is just indicative of what is. a representation. so this feeling never tells me anything about "how i relate to anything". there is no I in it. it does not make "me feel" about it (as if i was doing something to it). it just feels that way. but as soon as feelings have personal implications (intentions), they will be restricted by Fe values and then i can hardly tell anything about them any more, unless they are welcome to Fe, but feelings about a ruin make no sense to Fe, so they are not. since all labels for emotions are implying that emotions are a representation of personal need (Fi), I can not relate to those labels. i can never label the feelings that i have about the world and live and all that. if you ask me to label anything, you ask me to but an Fi grid on the ocean. if i actually do that, the ocean will disappear in the Fi grid, because my Fi grid is hidden behind my Fe dominance, thus largely invisible to me. i feel numb immediately. the world seems somehow sad (infinity), but it's not me who is sad. i carry the world's sadness, if i care to. i feel that it is aggressive (shiva), which fears me a lot, but that feeling of aggression is not mine, and it's not anyones, so labeling it aggression would be an inappropriate personification. it's all just atmosphere. whatever i personally feel about the war is so insignificant, compared to how the war feels to the world, that i can hardly look at it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Ni does actually have some psychic capability. And it's not all "voodoo" as some may think.
    Agreed. My "psychic capability" seems to have been getting stronger recently. At work, I've been getting brief, but highly accurate visions, which relate to the results of my forensic casework. It happened today - a specific number popped into my head (98.11), and then a few seconds later that number appeared as the result of a correlation search by an analytical instrument.

I confided in a colleague as a control experiment last week. I told her what specific results I was expecting for a number of cases before our machines had finished testing them. Every result came out exactly as I had predicted it! If only I could convince the law courts to accept my Ni visions as evidence - it would make my job so much easier!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

You have practical psychic capabilities.
    Last edited by professor goodstain; 04-28-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: how many Nis knew i would edit this?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

* when you think a main criterion for renting out a place/looking for a rented place that's shared with others, is to guage the 'vibe' of the others. Oh no, it's not just mere surface level niceness...oh no...it's a 'vibe'.

(response of INFJ bf when I complained about the initial shadiness of my new roomie, "Didn't you get a vibe from her when you met her? Why would you rent there?"

Err.....say, what?!)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

You know you're Ni when... you have a theory to explain everything.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    * when you think a main criterion for renting out a place/looking for a rented place that's shared with others, is to guage the 'vibe' of the others. Oh no, it's not just mere surface level niceness...oh no...it's a 'vibe'.

(response of INFJ bf when I complained about the initial shadiness of my new roomie, "Didn't you get a vibe from her when you met her? Why would you rent there?"

Err.....say, what?!)
    How could anyone not do this when assessing potential roomies?
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush