• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you discover or hear about MBTI?

You First encountered the MBTI through

• Total voters

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
I was randomly searching online for popular forms of taxonomy, and I came across the MBTI.

Nothing facy, anyways, where did you first encounter MBTI?

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
I was randomly searching online for popular forms of taxonomy, and I came across the MBTI.

Nothing facy, anyways, where did you first encounter MBTI?

We invested in it as a team building exercise at work. I found it fascinating, did some web research and typed a number of my coworkers before the official presentation from HR that was to reveal our types. The amusing portion was when the HR expert screwed up and got my type wrong (clerical error).

Afterwards, however, I was asked to do a follow-up, office-specific presentation for my coworkers. Not my forte.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I heard it on another forum. Then I became psychic and found it on google. :yes:

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
My Mom made me take it when I was very young, then my school had me take it, then my college, then my Mom again.

ENTP every time bitches. Except I was 50/50 I/E once.

Mole

Permabanned
I was invited to join MBTI Central by Geoff.

He said Central was tolerant and well-run.

And he was right.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
About 8 years ago, a friend of mine learned about MBTI in college and had me answer questions so he could see what type I was. I was interested because he talked about the way phone "psychics" used these questions to type people, and the INFP profile was a near-perfect description of me.

Within the last few years, I took various random "quizzes" online for fun, and always scored INFP. A facebook application called "MyType Personality" renewed my interest because I could see all the types of my friends, and it helped me communicate with and relate to them. Then, I went searching around the Internet and eventually wound up here!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A friend and myself discovered the MBTI when we were looking on the internet. We were using a new addon for firefox "Stumbleupon" that takes you to random websites that deal with your interests. I set mine up, and psychology was one of those topics. I stumbled on the test and took it, read the description and I was like "wow", so then my friend took it as well and we discovered that we were very similar. He's INFJ.

Mole

Permabanned
About 8 years ago, a friend of mine learned about MBTI in college and had me answer questions so he could see what type I was. I was interested because he talked about the way phone "psychics" used these questions to type people, and the INFP profile was a near-perfect description of me.

Within the last few years, I took various random "quizzes" online for fun, and always scored INFP. A facebook application called "MyType Personality" renewed my interest because I could see all the types of my friends, and it helped me communicate with and relate to them. Then, I went searching around the Internet and eventually wound up here!

Of course you always find what you are looking for.

And to avoid this error, we do double blind experiments.

And this is precisely why no double blind experiments have been done with MBTI.

'Cause we are as happy in our error as pigs in shit.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was badly depressed in 1999, partly because of the lack of money. I was a young INTJ desperately willing to enter life, abandon my extreme shyness, willing to learn some of the things people usually do. I found MBTI probably from some psychology related site, or some related to mental development, social skills or something of the kind.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
We invested in it as a team building exercise at work. I found it fascinating, did some web research

Same here. I had to take an MBTI test at work just before a team building day thingy. I tested INTP, read the brief description in the handouts we got and then obsessively read everything I could find online for a whole weekend. I was fascinated by it all and blown away by the accuracy of the desciption (nice to finally not feel like a total freak).

R

Riva

a long time ago at school a teacher from another school came to one of our weekly assemblies and gave a personality test.

i did it and forgot about it.

about 4 years later i suddenly remembered about that teacher and searched my brain to remember how HOT she LOOKED.:blush: and damm she does look hot.:wubbie:

after a while i tried to remember what she was talking about the whole time 4 years ago and realized it was a personality test.

so i went online and did it again. :D

so here i am....:hi:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Marriage Counseling...

:violin:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I was invited to join MBTI Central by Geoff.

He said Central was tolerant and well-run.

And he was right.

Come on. Own up.. who's taken control of your keyboard :yes:

G

garbage

Introduced to it by a therapist, then rediscovered it years later (last October)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I don't remember if I just stumbled across it or took it as part of a student leadership workshop--not sure which came first.

Or maybe it was during an alien abduction long ago? :huh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does the "psychic" option mean I discovered it through my own psychic abilities, or that I heard about it from Ms. Cleo?

Come on. Own up.. who's taken control of your keyboard :yes:

Finally, we know whose fault he is.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
A facebook application called "MyType Personality" renewed my interest because I could see all the types of my friends, and it helped me communicate with and relate to them.

We were using a new addon for firefox "Stumbleupon" that takes you to random websites that deal with your interests.

That's funny
I found out about it from the facebook app, but I didn't become interested in it until I Stumbled a website dedicated to it.

That app is shit btw I kept getting ENTJ.