• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you discover or hear about MBTI?

You First encountered the MBTI through

• Total voters

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Of course you always find what you are looking for.

And to avoid this error, we do double blind experiments.

And this is precisely why no double blind experiments have been done with MBTI.

'Cause we are as happy in our error as pigs in shit.

Just to clarify, you are referring to my repeated testing as an INFP?

Unique

I was at the local tavern when one of the villages spoke of the tale....a legend as it were... the secret of there only being 16 types of people...

He got tossed out.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was reading various articles about cognitive development for class, and stumbed upon some personality tests that seemed legit enough.. one was a career test, I recall.. and mentioned my type as INFJ, and offered more information.
That's where it all started for me.
Eventually I stumbled upon this place in mid 2007, and lurked sporadically for about a year before joining.

Snow Turtle

Can't believe I'm the only one that put down the emo answer T_T
On a sidenote: Just remembered that I actually learnt about MBTI from "Do what you are" when searching for what I wanted in my future...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Someone created a topic about MBTI at another forum and I always liked to prove how much "these little tests" are always completely wrong....and the rest is history.

(and I still fight against MBTI propaganda to this day)

deleted
My friend said I think you're my type, so he made me take the test.

P

Phantonym

I took a test online about a year ago just for fun. Didn't think of it much until a friend of mine mentioned it last fall. So, I started to poke around the Internet and here I am :)

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first time I heard about MBTI, I had to take an online test for my high school psychology class. I think I tested INTJ at the time...weird.

I forgot about it until my counselor in college told me to go to the career center and take tests and whatever. MBTI was one of them and I tested INTP. That was 2 years ago. I spent 2 years thinking I was an INTP and reading about it on the internet.

Then pretty recently I found this site, and I started thinking I was INFP. And yeah, hopefully I'm right this time.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My husbands mistress asked my husband who then asked me to take the test .. I found this site by accident .. very happy i did though :)