User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Can "Nice Guys" Be T's??

Most of my peers describe as a nice, sincere, and good-hearted person. More than one person has described me as one of the kindest people he or she has met.

Does this necessarily make me an F though? I consider myself someone who is loyal and is extremely devoted to his friends. I care a lot about others. However, does that mean I'm definitely an F or could these be traits of a T too?

I say this because I am not particularly comfortable with expressing emotion but it bothers me when those close to me aren't happy..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Nice guy = personality trait, not type trait. There are PLENTY of T type nice guys. PLENTY.

You think that you're an F because you're devoted to your friends, because you're loyal, and because you care about others? Those are also personality traits, not type traits.

What got that thought going through your head?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't really know you at all but know you've been confused about your type for a long time. do you really not relate to one description over the other? i would think even if you were very balanced on t/f that one would feel more accurate...no?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think F types are more likely to take someone's feeling into account before they make decisions, so that can prevent a lot of assholishness if they so choose to. But IxTx types can also sometimes come across as the nice guy because of the introversion.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think F types are more likely to take someone's feeling into account before they make decisions, so that can prevent a lot of assholishness if they so choose to. But IxTx types can also sometimes come across as the nice guy because of the introversion.
    I don't think he means nice guy in that sense, the sense of nice guy vs asshole toward women.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I don't think he means nice guy in that sense, the sense of nice guy vs asshole toward women.
    He put it in quotes, so that made me think of the stereotype "nice guy", versus just a nice guy.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He put it in quotes, so that made me think of the stereotype "nice guy", versus just a nice guy.
    Yeah I was responding to the stereotype nice guy as well, then I actually read the OP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I don't mean it in the nice guy vs. asshole sense necessarily.
    It's just that I've been getting a better sense of how my friends perceive me and I've been letting my friends know how I perceive them.
    We've been letting each other know what's good about us and what we can improve on. I was more surprised by the compliments than the criticisms.. I criticize myself much worse than any of my friends can.. but many sincerely called me one of the kindest people they've ever met. I always try to help others and give my support. I guess 'kind guy' may be a better word.

However, I have observed many of the more Feeling-oriented people in my group of friends.
    Even if they aren't necessarily kind, something many of them have in common is an easiness and willingness to express their emotions to others.
    Such emotional expression often bothers me and I think that's somewhat of a motivation in itself for me to help others.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah I was responding to the stereotype nice guy as well, then I actually read the OP.
    Man, only a jackass T would disregard the OP like that.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So explain why that relates to T vs F? Some of the T people I know are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Man, only a jackass T would disregard the OP like that.
    Crap, that must mean I'm INTP! I knew it! I knew that scoring 51% feeling (borderline, 2% less and I'd be a T) meant that I was an oddball! [/sarcasm] Personality Profile of Chris W (Personality Type) WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AJ (lol that test fails by the way, for me anyway).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.