User Tag List

First 23456 Last

My INTP brother is the kindest and gentlest of the bunch.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

deleted

They're probably going to be nicer if they have mid to strong Fe, at least from my experience. Even if they're in a really bad mood, if they value Fe then they aren't going to be angry toward you. Of course I could just be contradicting myself due to past experiences with ENTPs. I think nice is a pretty subjective term. One girl says nice, but means sexy, but she means the nice kind of sexy.

I can also see how Fi people can not be nice.

MBTI
    INTj

I can fake nice. I mean, not here, but I'm very capable. I do it at work 40 hours a week for 50 weeks a year. No one other than you guys knows I'm a jackass. Although there's an ENFJ co-worker that might be slightly suspicious.

And . . . my parents know, I guess.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP

I'm nice. I have a genuine desire to help people, and I don't expect anything in return. But if you don't appreciate what I've done and just keep making unreasonable demands, I'm not going to keep doing nice things for you like an NF might. My NF friends continue to try to figure out what THEY might be doing wrong that is causing the demanding person to use them. I recognize a user for a user and cut my losses, no guilt.

My eNFJ friend is much more the type to express her appreciation verbally to her friends, but I'm much more the type to actually look at what a friend might need from me and do it without fanfare. Like Orangey said, I sometimes get the overly-enthusiastic thanks afterward. I actually don't mind coming off as sort of standoffish, because fewer people take you for a sucker on first sight.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    II criticize myself much worse than any of my friends can.. but many sincerely called me one of the kindest people they've ever met.

However, I have observed many of the more Feeling-oriented people in my group of friends.
    Even if they aren't necessarily kind, something many of them have in common is an easiness and willingness to express their emotions to others.
    Such emotional expression often bothers me and I think that's somewhat of a motivation in itself for me to help others.
    Remember, you're an ENFP (according to your little type thingy.). The P is important, because you're working with Introverted Feeling, not extraverted. Introverted feelers are far LESS likely to express their emotions to and about others to them. Instead, we tend to show it through our actions. This is why people can tend to see us as the "nice guys" - our inner values affect our outer behavior.

You mention getting "overwhelmed" with emotional behavior. In what way? I can find myself getting overwhelmed when people spill their guts to me, but through empathy. Even if I'm not trying, I begin to feel the emotion of the other person, and it definitely can be overwhelming, for sure. Not sure if you feel it in the same way though.

I used to question myself in the same way, and to be honest, I often still do. But I think you are most likely leaning towards F. Fi is THE self-criticism function, because we (and by we, I mean FPs in general) live within ourselves, and thus need internal validation rather than external. I can be told I'm doing a good job by everyone else, but if I don't think I am, then I feel horrible - even if objectively I AM doing a good job.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm nice. I have a genuine desire to help people, and I don't expect anything in return. But if you don't appreciate what I've done and just keep making unreasonable demands, I'm not going to keep doing nice things for you like an NF might. My NF friends continue to try to figure out what THEY might be doing wrong that is causing the demanding person to use them. I recognize a user for a user and cut my losses, no guilt.

My eNFJ friend is much more the type to express her appreciation verbally to her friends, but I'm much more the type to actually look at what a friend might need from me and do it without fanfare. Like Orangey said, I sometimes get the overly-enthusiastic thanks afterward. I actually don't mind coming off as sort of standoffish, because fewer people take you for a sucker on first sight.
    OMG, LOL, I'm just just about the most gullible sucker there is.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Man, emotional talk with friends? That's gay
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Man, emotional talk with friends? That's gay
    Actually, plenty of homosexuals don't talk openly about their feelings, because they are usually forced to hide a large portion of who they are away for so long, and tend to continue doing so to a lesser degree even after identifying as homosexual.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Actually, plenty of homosexuals don't talk openly about their feelings, because they are usually forced to hide a large portion of who they are away for so long, and tend to continue doing so to a lesser degree even after identifying as homosexual.
    He didn't mean gay in a literal sense. He was just adding to the fail that this thread is... embracing a stereotype with it not being true to him in order to further prove that labeling like this is kinda silly.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    He didn't mean gay in a literal sense. He was just adding to the fail that this thread is... embracing a stereotype with it not being true to him in order to further prove that labeling like this is kinda silly.
    I'm aware :P I just responded how I try to respond when people use that term in real life.

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)