User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    So explain why that relates to T vs F? Some of the T people I know are some of the nicest people I've ever met.
    Just let us generalize in peace!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I know a few ISTP guys who are very nice. One is so nice and caring, it's a bit eerie.

MBTI
    ENTP

this reminds me of the phenomenon that sometimes causes friction between my brother and I.

When people first meet us, their impressions are that he (ENFP) is really warm, friendly, open and nice. Nice is the word they always use about him. Whereas they're more likely to use "good" about me, seeing me as a little too cold or detached perhaps, to be called "nice", but yet willing to help all the same and pretty much without malice.

Several months later, they find that most of the things my brother said he'd do, he's bailed on, and the warmth and friendliness he expressed once was situational and not an expression of deep sentiment. Whilst I've gradually and steadily earned their trust by not making extravagant promises and expressions of sympathy, but just modest ones and following them through. So whilst I'm still just "good" and not "nice", he's now being called flaky, unreliable and insincere.

In a way I have the potential to be like that too, but I think being side by side with my brother all these years who's quite a lot higher P and lower N, has forced me to play the role of the "sensible one" against my nature, to save us both from running into disaster. Though most of my friends who don't see me with my brother often or at all see me as "head in the clouds" and eccentric, crazy etc, those who tend to either deliberately or otherwise automatically pair and compare me with him in their heads, tend to see me as level-headed and even uptight - though in reality this is only by comparison.

I'm not saying this is representative of anything, just a little anecdote to illustrate that there's more to being a good person than being a nice person.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I know a few ISTP guys who are very nice. One is so nice and caring, it's a bit eerie.
    Yeah, ISTP's are total rocks, man. They're like, the salt of the earth, innit. They're not sweet, and will probably glare at you in that way they do if you say they are. But definitely good, and usually nice.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Another thing I am thinking about is criticism.
    I often have difficulty giving criticism but easily take it from others.
    I tend to understand when criticism is meant to be helpful.
    There are some people who are much easier to criticize than others.. I have trouble doing so for people who I feel will get pissed off at me- even if what I have to say is very much true.
    People say that I tend to be reassuring, in terms of body language and words, that when I criticize someone- it's hard to offend the person though.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Dude it sounds like you have some pretty bad social confidence issues.

Is there a nice guy stereotype? Whenever I read nice, I hear Borats voice in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Another thing I am thinking about is criticism.
    I often have difficulty giving criticism but easily take it from others.
    This leads me to think you're more ENFP. No ENTP I know, not one, has difficulty giving criticism, which results in many debates and fights that could have easily been avoided. On the other hand, the ENFPs tend to be concerned about how their words will be received.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

all the ENFPs I know (like 9) are nice people...

MBTI
    ENTP

When push comes to shove I consider myself to be nice, nicer than most people I know actually. With me at least, how nice I am isn't obvious at face-value. It just becomes apparent when I get deep into a situation.

I'd elaborate more but I'm not sure exactly what you want to hear, ask specific questions if you want.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    This leads me to think you're more ENFP. No ENTP I know, not one, has difficulty giving criticism, which results in many debates and fights that could have easily been avoided. On the other hand, the ENFPs tend to be concerned about how their words will be received.
    Maybe this is different extroverts, but for the time being I consider myself to be INTP, and I definitely temper the things that I say to certain people. If I know someone is sensitive and will take the criticism badly no matter how I say it, then I will avoid saying it. It doesn't seem worth the conflict. Does this make me F?

Furthermore, and in line with substitute's anecdote, the differences between me and my INFJ friend show in how we express our feelings to others. On the surface, she is much more friendly and willing to reach out to others and connect (even at her own expense sometimes). This leads people to think that she's the nicer, more pleasant one. Then they react badly when she's not in the mood and won't go through on things that she promised she'd do earlier when she was in a good mood (or she will go through with them, but not happily, and this will show). For me, I won't be as effusive or willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of accommodating the feelings of others, but if I say I'll do something for you, I will do it with all the good will that my unexpressed feelings demand.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness